What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal

Juniors
How do you we haven't? No one linked us to Api yet here we are

I don't see him going especially not there
Especially not there?.. so you think that because Api wasn't discussed as being a Penrith recruit and did sign, that because Scott isn't being discussed he will come here too? Why would he come to Penrith and not go to Canberra?

OldPanther

Coach
Actually now I read your comment there are some people in the know who have said the club are taking a wait and see approach. To me that’s a huge mistake if they’re correct.

I'd like to know what the philosophy is. So what kind of player they want etc. From an outside perspective it looks like they are relying on promoting from within but I don't know anyone at the club.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don’t know. I was making the point to people who advocated the strategy of waiting.

Edit: The WW did hint we were in the running for Apisai

The player managers would know where we sit cap space wise. When x player is available we would know like every other club.. The waiting part would be seeing how much freight the player comes with

franklin2323

Immortal
Especially not there?.. so you think that because Api wasn't discussed as being a Penrith recruit and did sign, that because Scott isn't being discussed he will come here too? Why would he come to Penrith and not go to Canberra?

CNK- test player
Cotric - Origin
Croker - Captain
Leilua

Their backline seems set. So why go when he could walk into us, Knights or Dogs

franklin2323

Immortal
I'd like to know what the philosophy is. So what kind of player they want etc. From an outside perspective it looks like they are relying on promoting from within but I don't know anyone at the club.

It is clear we need experience. That takes time to come available sometimes

OldPanther

Coach
It is clear we need experience. That takes time to come available sometimes

That's not the club's signing/roster philosophy though. That's A fan opinion on what they think is needed. I'm talking about what the people in charge think is needed and what they are waiting for etc.

franklin2323

Immortal
That's not the club's signing/roster philosophy though. That's A fan opinion on what they think is needed. I'm talking about what the people in charge think is needed and what they are waiting for etc.

When have we ever known that? That stuff is kept quiet always has been.

This batch of kids is good so might have a small list of what we are after

OldPanther

Coach
When have we ever known that? That stuff is kept quiet always has been.

This batch of kids is good so might have a small list of what we are after

You can't use that against me when that's was my original comment. I said I wish we knew what their roster philosophy is but we don't.

OldPanther

Coach
When have we? I don't see what the issue of a sudden is when we have been this way as long as I can remember

It's not an issue. This entire thing got twisted from me helping Alice understand what was said. The argument is from Herbert against the wait and see people here.

Coastal

Juniors
CNK- test player
Cotric - Origin
Croker - Captain
Leilua

Ok Nostradamus..so what is the policy here with signings?..You like everyone else is hanging by the balls for something to happen, and at this stage it doesn't look like anything is happening. You seem like mr status quo and happy with any journeyman to come in just to make up the numbers and not strengthen the crap that is already here.

Coastal

Juniors
CNK- test player
Cotric - Origin
Croker - Captain
Leilua

And answer ALL the questions..not half of it. If I had a chance to play for Canberra ( Grand Finalists) or this bullshit, I know where I would want to go. He has a chance there to take Leilua's position, and that's what Canberra probably want.

franklin2323

Immortal
And answer ALL the questions..not half of it. If I had a chance to play for Canberra ( Grand Finalists) or this bullshit, I know where I would want to go. He has a chance there to take Leilua's position, and that's what Canberra probably want.

Storm are better than Raiders. Chambers gone. He and Olam will be the centres so why leave to be possible backup?

franklin2323

Immortal
Ok Nostradamus..so what is the policy here with signings?..You like everyone else is hanging by the balls for something to happen, and at this stage it doesn't look like anything is happening. You seem like mr status quo and happy with any journeyman to come in just to make up the numbers and not strengthen the crap that is already here.

I rate the young guys to kick on very strongly so makes no sense to bring guys in their mid 20's to need to offload in a few years.

We have 4 spots not like we have the cap space to bring in 4 stars. Bringing in 1 and 3 rookies doesn't fix the issue. 4 guys with 100-200 games experience makes the squad look better.

Answer this. 4 spots my guess is $1m left how would you spend it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts