What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v Pakistan at Gabba, Nov 21-25 2019

simmo1

First Grade
I think Harris is average, but I sympathise with him here. He's come up against some shit hot bowling attacks his whole test career and now the lesser attacks come round and it's Plodcroft and Burns getting first crack.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think Harris is average

I agree, but so is Bancroft, Oozie, Burns, Wade, Handscomb et al yet they have all been rotated in and out of the team, and when one gets dropped they bring one of the other nuffies back in

its just sign of the times, cupboard is bare and clueless selectors

Paine is another average performer, although he can keep but he is only in the team because he is skipper, Carey's form has been very good with the bat but if we drop Paine for Carey then there really in no one else to skipper the team till Smith's suspension is served.

Its a pretty poor situation but hey, we are doing very well in the T20 world rankings

Bazal

Post Whore
so we got HIA now ?

cool, watch them wrought this rule in cricket now

Tougher to rort when it's a like for like replacement and the match referee had to approve the substitution.

So you can't replace a quick with a spinner on a turning deck for eg. Nor can you bring in an extra bat.

Of course it means you've basically got 15 man sides...

simmo1

First Grade
I can't see it being rorted.

NRL has a ton of incidental contact to the head which can be used to fake an HIA test and sub a tired player off.

It's pretty rare for a batsman to get sconned which is what it would require to bring in the concussion sub.

Bazal

Post Whore
I can't see it being rorted.

NRL has a ton of incidental contact to the head which can be used to fake an HIA test and sub a tired player off.

It's pretty rare for a batsman to get sconned which is what it would require to bring in the concussion sub.

The only way I can possibly see it being rorted is head on ground or collision issues... IE replacing an injured but not concussed player by dodgying up the HIA somehow. "Yeah, Billy has torn his ACL but he's also got concussion so therefore we can replace him" kind of thing

And that's going to be so rare as to be meaningless in a game like cricket

TheParraboy

Staff member
Pak v CA XI in a 2 day match

Pak 7/386 - 90 overs

Pennywise Pope 5/100

probably declare overnight

Latest posts