What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Huge Long Term Development

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
My understanding is we're buying the licensed club which currently operates at a profit of 1 mill a year. Golf course is council land and council operated as far as I'm aware.

snout

First Grade
My understanding is we're buying the licensed club which currently operates at a profit of 1 mill a year. Golf course is council land and council operated as far as I'm aware.
But we must have some agreement ti be part of any future council plans.

We wouldnt be buying a ferking golf club for the golf. Surely.

We are dumb at the best of times but that is dumb V2.

If its redeveloped by council in the future do we still own the building/clubhouse which can be converted to commercial investments?

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
But we must have some agreement ti be part of any future council plans.

We wouldnt be buying a ferking golf club for the golf. Surely.

We are dumb at the best of times but that is dumb V2.

If its redeveloped by council in the future do we still own the building/clubhouse which can be converted to commercial investments?
Think you're missing the point mate... we just as easily could have bought say Kirrawee bowlo or Miranda Rsl... it's about the licenced premises not the surrounding land (which in this case happens to be a council owned and operated golf course).

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I like the idea of Sharks Sports club with mulitple venues around the shire for members to enjoy.

Rugby League and Soccer played at the boutique home gound, Golf, maybe buy a netball club and a Surf lifesaving club.

snout

First Grade
Think you're missing the point mate... we just as easily could have bought say Kirrawee bowlo or Miranda Rsl... it's about the licenced premises not the surrounding land (which in this case happens to be a council owned and operated golf course).
Yep...happy to put my hand up here and say lm all questions and no answers - but my point is:
This club may be turning a profit now but current social commentary would indicate golf clubs are a dying art. So have we bought into a lemon..or...have we some foresight that something is brewing down the track?

Such as have we been in discussions with the council for the if and when this land may be used for something other than a golf club. Have we secured the 'clubhouse/building' long term so we can develop it into something financial that sits comfortably with councils said plans.

Because...once again - surely we havent bought into a golf club to run a friggin golf club.
We struggle to run the business we have most days of the week.

There has to be a bigger picture otherwise we are dumber than first thought.

Last edited:

Quicksilver

Bench
My understanding is that if the golf club is council owned and operated (as stated above), all we'd be doing is serving beer to the golfers and providing them with a place to hang out. Maybe a few administration offices or something. + a schnitzels, beers and bands for social members. Much like any old club.

My understanding is that if the golf club is council owned and operated (as stated above), all we'd be doing is serving beer to the golfers and providing them with a place to hang out. Maybe a few administration offices or something. + a schnitzels, beers and bands for social members. Much like any old club.
And pokies?
All clubs love the pokies

ground zero

Juniors
like the dirty old bowling club an there management always trying to screw someone. always the punter, but the ceo an manager has mutiple houses rental propertys.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The council owns the land however they operate in this manner.

Section 5 EXPRESS AUTHORISATION TO LEASE LICENCE OR GRANT OTHER ESTATES said:
A 5 year lease agreement to the starter/golf professional to manage the people on the golf course with the primary function of collecting green fees and starting the field. In addition, the Starter, with the approval of Council, will provide a range of ancillary services critical to the functioning of the golf course, including the sale of golf equipment, sale of food/drinks, golf lessons and cart hire from within the onsite Pro Shop. The Starter will employ all staff required to provide these services and retains any profit earned.

LINK

So essentially we have bought the management rights and club.

The council retain the land and it will probably never be rezoned but the management will be left to businesses.

carcharias

Immortal
When we played at a wedding there a couple of weeks ago the wedding planner chick asked us about playing Sunday arvos there.
She said something about a new food/bar music venue they are looking at putting in there.

The girl she was with who works with her is married to one of the dudes who runs one of those joints in the mall in Cronulla.
Brass monkey I’m pretty sure she said.

Not sure if this has anything to do with anything.