What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

ComradePanda

Juniors
So as i thought, the 2020 Souths home jersey has the version of the aqualand logo we saw on the WIL jersey this year.

76762523_959586391082228_2160206852959240192_o.png

gzerounian

Juniors
Yep. Needs to be down so that the top of the logo sits below the red stripe under the logos. Mockup anyone?
The first red strip under the logos needs to be uninterrupted. Don't sponsors realise that decisions like this may have an opposite effect on their desired outcome. Fans end up resenting their product. At least the red background has gone from the NRL's logo.

The Marshall

Juniors
The first red strip under the logos needs to be uninterrupted. Don't sponsors realise that decisions like this may have an opposite effect on their desired outcome. Fans end up resenting their product. At least the red background has gone from the NRL's logo.
I don't think a small percentage of supporters being discontent with the design would come into when they get more exposure by moving the logo up a few centimetres.

Rooster8

Juniors
Shit logo anyways. Thought they were a theme park until I heard they do something with property

callmack1

Staff member
So as i thought, the 2020 Souths home jersey has the version of the aqualand logo we saw on the WIL jersey this year.

76762523_959586391082228_2160206852959240192_o.png
Love it!! Pretty much the same as 2019's. Probably would've looked better if the sponsor logos were all black but oh well, it still looks good to me!

Lambretta

First Grade
Love it!! Pretty much the same as 2019's. Probably would've looked better if the sponsor logos were all black but oh well, it still looks good to me!

White is ok though.
Its one of your regular colours and it shows up really well.

The sponsor logo is too high and you really need to lose the black on the shoulders. Have a classic red and green jersey. It looks so much better.

gzerounian

Juniors
I don't think a small percentage of supporters being discontent with the design would come into when they get more exposure by moving the logo up a few centimetres.
Is it actually proven that the higher logo = more exposure?
I have moved the logo down in my mockup and have even made it bigger which would surely keep the sponsors very satisfied in terms of exposure.
Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 9.03.59 PM.png

GAZF

First Grade
Is it actually proven that the higher logo = more exposure?
I have moved the logo down in my mockup and have even made it bigger which would surely keep the sponsors very satisfied in terms of exposure.
View attachment 34152
Higher sponsors are less likely to have a tackling player obscuring them in still photos.

Looks better lower but your mockup probably exceeds the NRLs max allowed bounding rectangle area.

gzerounian

Juniors
Higher sponsors are less likely to have a tackling player obscuring them in still photos.

Looks better lower but your mockup probably exceeds the NRLs max allowed bounding rectangle area.
True but one could also argue that the ball

I realise that's the theory but I wonder if they have done actual research to prove that is the case.

KIA must be using the maximum allowable rectangualr area. Maybe NIB too.

Screenshot_20191118_063204.jpg

kdalymc

Bench
High sponos are f**ken disgusting but they're definitely not new. This is 14 years old, and one of the worstimages (12).jpeg

callmack1

Staff member
Anyone else noticed the NRL have obviously altered the rules with the Telstra Premiership logo on jerseys compared to 2019?

Seems they are now allowing the background to be the same colour as the part of the jersey it's on where as in 2019 it seemed they had to have a visible badge.

GAZF

First Grade
True but one could also argue that the ball
Definitely. But a player usually carries the ball to one side or the other, so the logo would usually be part visible.

And I forgot to mention that close-up photos often exclude the lower half of the player's torso, because photos on the web (and occasionally in print) tend to be wider than they are tall.

The NRL should specify a minimum vertical distance of 7.5 cm (or at least 5 cm) from the base of the premiership logo to the top of the sponsor bounding box.

Latest posts