What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal

Juniors
I rate the young guys to kick on very strongly so makes no sense to bring guys in their mid 20's to need to offload in a few years.

We have 4 spots not like we have the cap space to bring in 4 stars. Bringing in 1 and 3 rookies doesn't fix the issue. 4 guys with 100-200 games experience makes the squad look better.

Answer this. 4 spots my guess is $1m left how would you spend it?
Do you read what you say?..you make out like we may be talking to Scott, because no one really knows, then you say we don't need guys like him in his age bracket to let them go further down the track?..FMD..you are amazing.

franklin2323

Immortal
Do you read what you say?..you make out like we may be talking to Scott, because no one really knows, then you say we don't need guys like him in his age bracket to let them go further down the track?..FMD..you are amazing.

You are quick to attack without offering alternatives. How would spend the $1m on the 4 guys?

My point was no one knows who we are talking to. For example if we are talking to Leilua or Croker (both fit what I said above) it would make their need to get Scott. Not being linked to
X player means nothing

OldPanther

Coach
I must be the only one but I hope we wait longer. Each day that passes is one day closer to fire sales at other clubs. Will stretch the cap space further.

No way this is the squad come round 1

This is one post among many for example.what @herbert henry1908 said wasn't made up. Now I'm not judging either side as right or wrong just helped Alice understand the comment BUT he was right that it's been said.

In truth I'd rather have us chase Scott and Mitchell just to see the club want an improvement even if we don't get them.

franklin2323

Immortal
This is one post among many for example.what @herbert henry1908 said wasn't made up. Now I'm not judging either side as right or wrong just helped Alice understand the comment BUT he was right that it's been said.

In truth I'd rather have us chase Scott and Mitchell just to see the club want an improvement even if we don't get them.

I meant by that. No one offically on the market is good value. Why waste the cap now only for better to come available after we spend it?

I am guessing we have $1m left. How do we do it without weakening the side even more?

OldPanther

Coach
No I have said all along no need for panic... A bit different to wait and see

I meant by that. No one offically on the market is good value. Why waste the cap now only for better to come available after we spend it?

I am guessing we have $1m left. How do we do it without weakening the side even more?

You might have meant something else but you definitely said the words and that's all we can go off since it's what we read. I've said myself the list on offer isn't great but to be linked to no one either means the club has fixed the constant leaks at the club or they are planning to promote from within.

franklin2323

Immortal
You might have meant something else but you definitely said the words and that's all we can go off since it's what we read. I've said myself the list on offer isn't great but to be linked to no one either means the club has fixed the constant leaks at the club or they are planning to promote from within.

People are saying cause we signed no one in Nov that we won't sign anyone for round 1. That is the issue I was replying too.

Perfect example Broncos have said they want Croft. Croft publicly said he is fine with the idea.. Yet so far nothing. So making it public doesn't always make it move quicker

Coastal

Juniors
People are saying cause we signed no one in Nov that we won't sign anyone for round 1. That is the issue I was replying too.

Perfect example Broncos have said they want Croft. Croft publicly said he is fine with the idea.. Yet so far nothing. So making it public doesn't always make it move quicker
Ok..so who have Penrith said they want if you want to use croft as an example. The "MAGIC" date was 1/11 touted by someone on this site and Penrith have signed no-one since then. So is it journeymen/bottom of the barrel players with your supposed 1 million?

franklin2323

Immortal
Ok..so who have Penrith said they want if you want to use croft as an example. The "MAGIC" date was 1/11 touted by someone on this site and Penrith have signed no-one since then. So is it journeymen/bottom of the barrel players with your supposed 1 million?

Latrell, Fifita, Arrow etc still aren't signed. A few clubs waiting on answers on cap situation for medically retired players.. So it is dragged on more then it should but not many have signed anywhere.

Everyone in your squad needs to be paid $100k. So you can't even just go get Latrell you need space to get to 30 players.

Depends what you call a journeyman really. You could get a couple of $400k players for $250k or something if the current club is desperate. $400k is a decent player

Dave's mate

Juniors
Literally not 1 player has signed elsewhere in a position we need, merkins are whinging for the sake of it. Hooker was our real weakness and bang we sorted it quick smart. IF we don't sign a rep level centre then yes we should sign a few plodders on 1 year deals and front end some contracts. Then make some bigger moves for 2021

franklin2323

Immortal
Literally not 1 player has signed elsewhere in a position we need, merkins are whinging for the sake of it. Hooker was our real weakness and bang we sorted it quick smart. IF we don't sign a rep level centre then yes we should sign a few plodders on 1 year deals and front end some contracts. Then make some bigger moves for 2021

Tamou off contract. If Whare in NSW Cup then maybe he can be convinced to go to England. Also will know how Naden and co are developing so needs might be different then

Flashstep

Juniors
I personally don’t see an issue with the clubs apparent wait and see approach, of course I see that as Franklins point of waiting for the dominoes to begin to fall, we are still 4 months away from the season starting and I doubt we’re the only club looking to recruit players. Not to mention the players available aren’t exactly cream of the crop.

If anything we should be blaming the club for not being active in recent years as our team constantly got weaker but we just tried to replace outgoings with juniors, we missed out on a lot of talented players that switched teams in the last few seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.