What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issac Luke confirms Dragons move

BLM01

First Grade
Stay calm. I don't actually mind this at all. This is cool. We paid sweet FA for him, if he gets busted so what. If he stays fit, he is a very good player. Cameron is the teams best tackler. It is not a bad scenario. Cameron starts at hooker, Isaac on the bench. Some boof headed forward needs a breather. Luke plays hooker and the sides best tackler goes to lock. It's cool, stay calm.
Yeh agree. And he is a tough nut..will take no crap from anyone. Shame the biff is not allowed in the game. I am calm. This is our marquee 2020 signing. Great find Millward.
No he is not a starting hooker anymore but the problem at the Warriors is they have not got a decent 9.
Do me as a back up for McInnes as signed only for 1 year.
I am a Dragons supporter. I have become accustomed to where our yardstick is set at low-medium.

sa1nt5

Juniors
I said last year, Cam to lock field or sailor to halfback and the Queensland Hooker to Dummy half, this signing will prove one thing, that the Dragons have the fittest best defensive, ball playing, try-assist lock in the competition. What it won’t do is give our million dollar halfback the opportunity to showcase and hone his running and short passing game that dummy half provides, if the greatest positional players of today say Hunts best game is from dummy half then its from dummy half, at any rate with the skill set of Cam it’s worth a look, it’s impossible to see Cam fail at 13 with a pre season to prepare. Other than that Luke brings a good skill set and good positional play, I’m not a big fan to date but my bias is due to the passion, fierceness, he played the game and his parochial loyalty to his team. Now, given his performance of Haka at the Awards for RTS and what it symbolises for him and the going ons at the warriors vis-a-vis Maori culture, he may have had his nose out of joint accordingly and that translated onto the field as the shit he dished up for 2 years, that by and by, was not the same bloke we seen at Souffs. Age may be a concern, there’s a saying I am not as good as I once was, but I’m as good once as I ever was, something the Melbourne 9 probably tells himself ever week, in this case for as half as long, so I think he will be right, still highly disappointed that the public advice given to the bald dude that hangs around the first grade squad, by better judges of skill sets than him, has been ignored even though he has addressed the What about Cam and the lock forward problem by splashing cash from the easy credit group that we pay the interest on, and that should never have been a problem for a first grade coach, especially one eyeballing the wooden spoon.
Any way for what it’s worth.
V
RED & WHITE FOREVER

avocado

Juniors
I wonder what his fee is compared to Robson.

In my opinion we should have done all we could to keep Robson. And more.

We get stupider by the minute.

The calm one

Juniors
Yeh agree. And he is a tough nut..will take no crap from anyone. Shame the biff is not allowed in the game. I am calm. This is our marquee 2020 signing. Great find Millward.
No he is not a starting hooker anymore but the problem at the Warriors is they have not got a decent 9.
Do me as a back up for McInnes as signed only for 1 year.
I am a Dragons supporter. I have become accustomed to where our yardstick is set at low-medium.
Thankyou my friend. Don't forget your personal invitation to the forest is calling you

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
Not bothered at all by this signing. Would be dirt cheap, good back up adds experience. These types of signings have been going on at saints for years! Alan Neil, Adrian Brunker, Tony Hearn, Quentin Pongia, Nathan long to name a few!

SnowDragon

Juniors
Good signing!
Budget players are needed for cap management, and if cam gets an injury, we have a guy who is proven to step up. Save the big bucks for top 13 players, and backs at this stage.

Dave's mate

Juniors
I said last year, Cam to lock field or sailor to halfback and the Queensland Hooker to Dummy half, this signing will prove one thing, that the Dragons have the fittest best defensive, ball playing, try-assist lock in the competition. What it won’t do is give our million dollar halfback the opportunity to showcase and hone his running and short passing game that dummy half provides, if the greatest positional players of today say Hunts best game is from dummy half then its from dummy half, at any rate with the skill set of Cam it’s worth a look, it’s impossible to see Cam fail at 13 with a pre season to prepare. Other than that Luke brings a good skill set and good positional play, I’m not a big fan to date but my bias is due to the passion, fierceness, he played the game and his parochial loyalty to his team. Now, given his performance of Haka at the Awards for RTS and what it symbolises for him and the going ons at the warriors vis-a-vis Maori culture, he may have had his nose out of joint accordingly and that translated onto the field as the shit he dished up for 2 years, that by and by, was not the same bloke we seen at Souffs. Age may be a concern, there’s a saying I am not as good as I once was, but I’m as good once as I ever was, something the Melbourne 9 probably tells himself ever week, in this case for as half as long, so I think he will be right, still highly disappointed that the public advice given to the bald dude that hangs around the first grade squad, by better judges of skill sets than him, has been ignored even though he has addressed the What about Cam and the lock forward problem by splashing cash from the easy credit group that we pay the interest on, and that should never have been a problem for a first grade coach, especially one eyeballing the wooden spoon.
Any way for what it’s worth.
V
RED & WHITE FOREVER
@God-King Dean @BestHookerRein I LOVE your fanbase

TruSaint

Referee
That's great. Point is they're all experienced back up

Nah, point is they (most), were washed up when we signed them.
And the fact that they played less than a handful of games is testament to that.

No different here. I was a Luke fan. he is half the player he was.
The only lifeline he was given was by a team that ran 2nd last.
Piss poor signing but in line with our desperation.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Nah, point is they (most), were washed up when we signed them.
And the fact that they played less than a handful of games is testament to that.

No different here. I was a Luke fan. he is half the player he was.
The only lifeline he was given was by a team that ran 2nd last.
Piss poor signing but in line with our desperation.

.........and in true McGregor fashion, he will probably play most games this coming season, regardless of form or quality. Cue McCrone,

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
the problem at the Warriors is they have not got a decent 9.
Nikorima, Roache, Lawton. They've actually got pretty good hooking depth provided Roache can stay fit. I don't rate Tevaga as a hooker though, hes a middle forward.