What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings for 2020 and future looking team

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Issac Luke confirms move to Dragons. Mary surely now has the team he wants. F#*king comedy central this joint...

Straight Shooter

Issac Luke confirms Dragons move as Paul McGregor’s No.9 plan revealed
DRAGONS

simon_brunsdon.jpg

17711e2fd8919a80bc43d15c2581aceb

Issac Luke will join the Dragons for 2020.Source: Getty Images
Issac Luke has confirmed he will join St George Illawarra for next season.

The veteran hooker tweeted on Sunday, “St George Dragons. On way (sic)”.

Luke, 32, had not been offered a contract extension by the Warriors and was snapped up by the Dragons on what’s believed to be a bargain for the club.

He will remain behind Cameron McInnes in the No.9 pecking order. The pair previously played together at South Sydney.

NRL.com is reporting coach Paul McGregor plans to start McInnes at rake but then move him to the backrow, and Luke will potentially come off the bench to do the dummy half role.
issac luke

:heavy_check_mark:@issacluke_14

St George Dragons
On way
$

11:19 AM - Nov 17, 2019

Q - How come our vocal ceo hasn’t reported this as yet?

A- BJ

Q- Why does the player have to tell the fans he’s coming to our club?

A - BJ

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
If Cam is to go to lock after starting at dummy half it is obvious he doesn't need a spell and is an 80 minute player.
So if he is required to produce some spark at lock surely that means he needs to save something whilst he is at dummy half otherwise the gas tank will be empty will it not?
So is the idea for him just to shovel the ball out from dummy half, use no initiative or instinct and all the while tackle his heart out and if so why does he need to go to lock to do that?
This is just another clusterf**k idea from the coaching staff that makes an art form of such things.
Probably another master stroke from L plate.
Shuffle the ball for the usual one out power game & then swing Luke in for the last 20 minutes for his running game. Worked well with Dufty :rolling_eyes:

Frank Facer

First Grade
So raiders look like moving BJ Leilua on to bring in Curtis Scott from Storm.
Meanwhile at dragons Lafai and Aitken under no pressure, nothing to worry about for those boys.
I would be happy if we picked up BJ Leilua. I also would have been happy if we picked up Scott.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
What makes you think that Lomax will get a run before Aitken and Lafai?
Didn't Mary select Lomax on the wing last season to accommodate Aitken and Lafai?
Mate, dont let the off-season play tricks on you, I am guilty too of thinking positively and hoping Mary will change.
Won't happen! Aitken and Lafai are his centres, Lomax will likely play wing until he gets fed up and leaves.
Unfortunately you are probably right. Worst thing is that Aitken actually has a lot of potential, but I feel he needs a stint in CC to work on his confidence/passing. It would do him the world of good. His defence I feel isn’t as bad as people say. He can definitely tackle but it’s more his decision making and a lot of that has to do with the team’s defensive structures. In saying this, with his strength, size and speed he really should be one of the best defensive centres in the comp. I really seen him as a Matt Cooper mark ii in the early days but it hasn’t happened.

qld redvee

Juniors
now that we have got luke and reports say that this signing allows mcinness to drop back to lock during the game could this be smoke and mirrors ?? Could supercoach have already decided to play cam at lock for the full 80 and have luke at hooker full time ? If luke gets buggered then cam goes to hooker and a forward takes cams spot ??? otherwise the typical of supercoach re subs - starting lock off/ luke on / cam drops back to lock / So why not just turn cam into an 80 minute lock - apart from him being ineffectual as a battering ram .. Id rather have capewell at lock keep cam at hooker and luke in ccs
does george or any of our learned friends have any idea ??????

Craig93

Juniors
Has Aitken genuinely gone that far down hill in such a short time? I feel it wasn't to long ago Aitken and Latrell were neck and neck for the origin jumper.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Has Aitken genuinely gone that far down hill in such a short time? I feel it wasn't to long ago Aitken and Latrell were neck and neck for the origin jumper.
Aitken was being talked up as an origin chance, but that was all media hype. Those hyping him up, were probably ignorant to his deficiencies. We were also leading the comp and the form team in the comp, when Aitken was being mentioned as a possible origin player.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Joey Leilua has played in two grand finals and single handedly cost his side in both.

Scott is a good prospect but not too disappointed.
Leilua didn’t single handedly lose the game 2010, the Roosters were pumped. He was young and didn’t play well but that’s way too far.

Old Timer

Coach
No he hasn’t.
He never climbed the hill high enough to actually have anywhere to go down to.
A player that plateaued right from the start.