What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano Leilua

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So, a couple of things with this rumour from "the Mole".
Firstly, with LL contracted for 2020 with us, has he requested release and therefore granted?
Secondly, if we have released LL, then that would free up $$ for Capewell, who, from last reports, was in negotiations but $$$ was the sticking point.
Thirdly, if not Capewell, coukd these $$ be used to entice certain players into staying?

Lots of if's there but, Luch at the Dragons was never going to reach his potential. Good move for his career which will make or break him.

denis preston

First Grade
I'd tolerate it if we got Matterson but shit what's going on ? Surely we need a very very good nearly SOO standard player as replacement and a signing must be announced soon.Again the club is very very quiet.

Saint Pedro

Juniors
Leilua probably got guaranteed the starting second row spot and another 200 grand per year. Good reason to leave. Unless Leilua was going to start at lock, we had Frizell and sims in their respective positions in the back row. Leilua was going to be on the bench again, basically filling in for front row. Wasted position for a very good young forward. Will be watching the tigers keenly

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Very bad news, but if I’m to take emotion out of it, Ford is a better prospect and to be honest so is Capewell, he’s a 110% kinda guy. I like what the Raiders did in getting rid of all the big flashy blokes and getting in rock solid goers in the form of Bateman, CNK etc. I always loved Luciano’s attack but when I watch him off the ball he just stands there hands on hips. I hope for his sake he makes it and good luck with Madge....

giboz71

First Grade
Very bad news, but if I’m to take emotion out of it, Ford is a better prospect and to be honest so is Capewell, he’s a 110% kinda guy. I like what the Raiders did in getting rid of all the big flashy blokes and getting in rock solid goers in the form of Bateman, CNK etc. I always loved Luciano’s attack but when I watch him off the ball he just stands there hands on hips. I hope for his sake he makes it and good luck with Madge....

I wonder how he's going to go with Madge? I'm mates with a former Souths lower grader and Madge is apparently nuts on fitness and discipline. I didn't mind Luc, but effort wasn't one of his strong points.

Guess we're putting all our eggs into Ford and hopefully Capewell if we can get him.

Saint Pedro

Juniors
Could Ford be what we were looking for at lock? I'm not too sure, but does he tackle hard and ball play a bit? Let's face it, we had the two recent NSW starting second rowers, so Leilua was on the prop rotation. I can't see De Belin coming back, so would Ford fit the lock profile, which is crucial in the middle.

SaintPauli

Juniors
So, a couple of things with this rumour from "the Mole".
Firstly, with LL contracted for 2020 with us, has he requested release and therefore granted?
Secondly, if we have released LL, then that would free up $$ for Capewell, who, from last reports, was in negotiations but $$$ was the sticking point.
Thirdly, if not Capewell, coukd these $$ be used to entice certain players into staying?

Lots of if's there but, Luch at the Dragons was never going to reach his potential. Good move for his career which will make or break him.
I am a huge fan of Luc. However
he can only play 30 minutes top level footy. His defence is still sus.

If true maybe tigers will get best out of him to play at least 60 minutes.

I am also a big fan of Capewell who is under rated imo.

Old Timer

Coach
Could Ford be what we were looking for at lock? I'm not too sure, but does he tackle hard and ball play a bit? Let's face it, we had the two recent NSW starting second rowers, so Leilua was on the prop rotation. I can't see De Belin coming back, so would Ford fit the lock profile, which is crucial in the middle.
IMO the answer is No.
To me he is more like a young Barry Beath / Scott Gourley player and both of them had defensive deficiencies but in their case made up for it in attacking ability on the edges.
Long way for Ford to go especially in defence.

Latest posts