What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Huge Long Term Development

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
The council owns the land however they operate in this manner.

LINK

So essentially we have bought the management rights and club.

The council retain the land and it will probably never be rezoned but the management will be left to businesses.
Cheers for the info Angry....doesn't sound like it'd be too hard to organise. Obviously the green fees would go straight to the council to facilitate the upkeep and maintenance of the course. Pro-shop could double as a Sharks merch store and off you go.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
When we played at a wedding there a couple of weeks ago the wedding planner chick asked us about playing Sunday arvos there.
She said something about a new food/bar music venue they are looking at putting in there.
The original article stated

Funds from the Sharks development of their leagues club and car park into a retail and residential space will be used to refurbish the current golf club, locker room, car park and course for golf members.
By mid-January we’re hopeful it can be all done.
Carch on Sundays lol.

taipan

Referee
Daughter and grandson there yesterday ,stated it was quite packed, food was excellento.

I remember when the Cronulla RSL was just plugging along.They refurbished the place ,put in a new eats venue and Bob''s your uncle or aunty ,the place is doing exceptionally well.

People will go to modern venues that offer comfort ,decent tucker and bar prices, whether it be golf clubs.leagues clubs or bistros.
And if there is a decent band providing mood music and wham bam at nights, like Carch and the Head Bangers,it's all a go go.

Eion

First Grade
Does the club get that busy? Shit of a place to get to unless driving.
I think it’s more about servicing the whole Oyster Bay, Como, Kareela area. You’re driving everywhere there anyway with all their twisty hilly bits.

But if you’re Miranda or east of there, not sure why you’d bother.

I had a good feed at the bistro after a soccer game at Kareela with the team a couple months back, and it was good. Not memorable, but good.

sharkman73

Juniors
It’s not really that far from the station.
Like 5 mins in Uber.

a normal average person could easily walk it.

It's not really that close, I reckon 30 minutes or so walking.

Anyway, good to hear a few people saying it gets quite busy, very positive.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I am unsure how a members club where you know, the trees will stay to water, in the shire is as bad thing.

@M2D2 will be there after every Kogarah game is played.

PJ

First Grade
It's not really that close, I reckon 30 minutes or so walking.

Anyway, good to hear a few people saying it gets quite busy, very positive.

Yeah, I grew up in the area. It aint close to a station for walking. 30 mins at best.

Quigs

Immortal
No sorry wrong, Redders was a bus driver, a commercial pilot, and a few other thangs. Buzz is just a tired old pisshead that likes shitting in his own nest.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Google says

5 min (2.9 km)

From the train (Kirrawee) LINK

And Woolooware is not an option, the club closes too.

So either Cab/Uber from Kogarah or train it and walk.

taipan

Referee
It’s not really that far from the station.
Like 5 mins in Uber.

a normal average person could easily walk it.

The question is are Shark' s supporters normal, with all the crap we've put up with over the years, and still hang in.

txta2

Bench
Probably more residential which can only be good for the potential customers at the new club
Council are against residential, it's on low industrial zone, I'm sure the Nsw LNP will fix that

Ads

First Grade
Council are against residential, it's on low industrial zone, I'm sure the Nsw LNP will fix that
Yeah it will probably go above them to the state level. Might end up with a mix of residential and industrial at best.

ground zero

Juniors
i have a feeling all sharks supporters will converge on St George leagues club an live it up. an pump heaps off money into the club. across the road from the taj mahel

Latest posts