What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano Leilua

qld redvee

Juniors
find it laughable that wwos are stating "dragons were keen to keep the 23 year old ...." It was rumored that Luc was being shopped around a few months back and newcastle were in the mix .. If we wanted to keep him ( and he is under contract for 2020 ) so it would have been hands off . Obviously supercoach doesnt have him in the blueprint so off you go !!!! So obviously supercoach ( after in depth review ) has realised that there is no need for a ball playing forward in our squad

I am just so happy that the review could find no problems with the playing squad or supercoach If only they could package this BS be the perfect fertiliser for the garden !!!!!!!!!

Dragon David

First Grade
Going from what has been written and rumoured, we are starting to let go some of our players and not much coming into the fold for next year and will lose much more going into 2021 when a lot of contracts will come to an end.

Has the review identified the players that are not required and have they determined the type of player they want to retain and go for in the years ahead starting in 2021? Do they honestly think that any decent player would want to come to a club that is extremely poorly run from a business and administrative sense? We are a complete joke! Those that are running the club should begin courses on how to successfully run a business as they as a whole appear to lack any credibility in business skills.

Players will always come and go and nowadays it's the money that matters most, particularly from the players' managers point of view. Clubs that have capable premiership winning chances and having a good club to identify with are also what players would be looking at which are all obvious and there is no loyalty anymore. You cannot please everyone as for example, the Roosters withdrawing their offer from the table of Latrell Mitchell - the money offered was good, he won premierships in two years running and he can identify the Roosters as a great club, so why is he wanting to test the market? - just no loyalty.

Going from what has been written and rumoured, we are starting to let go some of our players and not much coming into the fold for next year and will lose much more going into 2021 when a lot of contracts will come to an end.

Has the review identified the players that are not required and have they determined the type of player they want to retain and go for in the years ahead starting in 2021? Do they honestly think that any decent player would want to come to a club that is extremely poorly run from a business and administrative sense? We are a complete joke! Those that are running the club should begin courses on how to successfully run a business as they as a whole appear to lack any credibility in business skills.

Players will always come and go and nowadays it's the money that matters most, particularly from the players' managers point of view. Clubs that have capable premiership winning chances and having a good club to identify with are also what players would be looking at which are all obvious and there is no loyalty anymore. You cannot please everyone as for example, the Roosters withdrawing their offer from the table of Latrell Mitchell - the money offered was good, he won premierships in two years running and he can identify the Roosters as a great club, so why is he wanting to test the market? - just no loyalty.

re Latrell:

The tigers ( and sgi) are 5 times better than the roosters, we have more fans, better sponsors and we care about our players.

Plus an extra $200k for us tigers for a top 4 spot is a drop in the ocean.

Roosters are greedy self entitled merkins who want everything for free.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I am a huge fan of Luc. However
he can only play 30 minutes top level footy. His defence is still sus.

If true maybe tigers will get best out of him to play at least 60 minutes.

I am also a big fan of Capewell who is under rated imo.

I'm also a fan of him but sometimes you do have to look beyond the 'expectation' and look at his involvement on the field.
His average running metres in 2019 was 76.8 with 4 line breaks. His offloads at 20 was very good.
In comparison Host averaged 78.6 running metres with 2 line breaks and less games. Yet noone want Host in their 17.
Wasn't Capewell called into the extended Maroons squad?

SaintPauli

Juniors
I'm also a fan of him but sometimes you do have to look beyond the 'expectation' and look at his involvement on the field.
His average running metres in 2019 was 76.8 with 4 line breaks. His offloads at 20 was very good.
In comparison Host averaged 78.6 running metres with 2 line breaks and less games. Yet noone want Host in their 17.
Wasn't Capewell called into the extended Maroons squad?
Yes Capewell was. He has pace, size, gutsy and also a better defender. I would take Capewell over both Luciano and Hosty. Capewell is at least 60 minute min. player. It could very well be reason for Luc's release!

Bench
I hope that Lucky is not the top of the iceberg for players leaving the club. Luc will be under a new coach and he will have to pull his finger out for training and game time.
Look at Packer, went to the tigers and that/will get ugly for his career

Another master stroke from our club.

One of the few genuine attacking threats we had leaves us to go to the Tigers.

Great work McGregor and Millward.

Just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse.

2020 is going to be a very looooong season.

Is Frizell next?

redVinme

Juniors
Great if they are clearing for 2021 but will we even be able to field a team?We still need players for 2020. And what's left is mostly awful unless they are all getting signed on one year deals we are just going to be in this spot in 12 months time.

I reckon they have lined up the next excuse. We went hard for "insert high profile player here" unfortunately we missed out and had to sign 8x journey men instead.
All obviously on 2-3 year deals to clog up the pine line Futher.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I am very disappointed that we are letting Lucky go. I still think he has a lot of potential to make it as a prop.

Dragsters

First Grade
Unfrickingbelievable.

Persevere with the bloke for 3 seasons while he develops only to release to a rival club when he is the verge of breaking out?

We really are a development club..... for other clubs that is!

I didn't think I could despise my club anymore than I did during those last few rounds of the season, but here they go with genius moves like this while keeping that bloke who pretends to be a coach!

A whole new level of disgruntled...

Crush

Coach
Unfrickingbelievable.

Persevere with the bloke for 3 seasons while he develops only to release to a rival club when he is the verge of breaking out?

I didn't think I could despise my club anymore than I did during those last few rounds of the season, but here they go with genius moves like this while keeping that bloke who pretends to be a coach!

This is precisely what I thought.
Its like a nightmare that you can't wake up from.....

BLM01

First Grade
Great if they are clearing for 2021 but will we even be able to field a team?We still need players for 2020. And what's left is mostly awful unless they are all getting signed on one year deals we are just going to be in this spot in 12 months time.

I reckon they have lined up the next excuse. We went hard for "insert high profile player here" unfortunately we missed out and had to sign 8x journey men instead.
All obviously on 2-3 year deals to clog up the pine line Futher.
You are correct and I reckon Dufty will be next to go before next year if Titans sign him.
Forget 2020. By 2021 will be a massive squad and everything else change.
We all just need to grit out teeth and hold on.

BLM01

First Grade
Another master stroke from our club.

One of the few genuine attacking threats we had leaves us to go to the Tigers.

Great work McGregor and Millward.

Just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse.

2020 is going to be a very looooong season.

Is Frizell next?
No

BLM01

First Grade
Unfrickingbelievable.

I am not sure what to make of this. The guy certainly can attack but the rest........I am not sold on him as a 80 minute backrower. He is no prop or 13 either.
His future is edge but he clocks off...and a bit like his brother will always be rocks and diamonds
Not upset about this....hopefully it does not bite us on the behind

Latest posts