What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Springs09

Juniors
The Storm Boy remake. Pretty good but adds an unnecessary subplot of political and corporate nonsense.
Would have been fine if they didn’t have the Geoffrey Rush parts and just had the original story.

axl rose

Bench
The Storm Boy remake. Pretty good but adds an unnecessary subplot of political and corporate nonsense.
Would have been fine if they didn’t have the Geoffrey Rush parts and just had the original story.
They unforgivably watered down Fingerbone Bills character. Screen Australia taking Hollywood stupid pills. Dont mess with the classics.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
I tend to agree. While this was a lot more polished product than the original, it did definitely miss some magic from the original. I enjoyed it but was not as emotional as the first one.

Wizardman

First Grade
I saw "Joker" tonight. Definitely, the best performance of the year from an actor and probably the best movie I have seen this year too. If somebody wins the Oscar over Phoenix, I would absolutely want to see their movie. Phoenix was breathtaking....he lived and breathed his character.
"Taxi Driver" is one of my favourite movies of all time. This movie is deadset Travis Bickle with clown make up. That is not to detract from this movie in any way....."Joker" pulled off the "Taxi Driver" storyline in its own style.....but the similarities are numerous and very noticeable.

Brilliant!

shiznit

Coach
The live action Dora the explorer movie...

Hmmmm.... Kinda surprised that it was green lighted for release...

the best part of the entire film was teasing my daughter the whole way through as she was such a huge fan when she was young... had all the Dora merch... now she’s a teenager mortified by ever liking it... :joy::joy:

on a side note... Eva Longoria is on it... and she’s put on a fair bit of weight... but my god she’s still hot as f**k...

mongoose

Coach
Terminator- Dark Fate. I enjoyed it, but wasn't expecting much. I don't get the whole feminist SJW argument. I didn't really get that vibe from the movie, definitely not like I did from The Last f**king Jedi.

Springs09

Juniors
Dr Sleep was pretty good I thought. A couple things I would have liked to have seen from the book were missed but it did pretty well at juggling being both an adaptation of the book and a sequel to the movie.

Matua

Bench
Terminator- Dark Fate. I enjoyed it, but wasn't expecting much. I don't get the whole feminist SJW argument. I didn't really get that vibe from the movie, definitely not like I did from The Last f**king Jedi.
Yeah that argument is weird in the context of this franchise, well it should be but it's not - people will find anything to whinge about.

A woman being the saviour of mankind was done in the original.
A woman being an action hero was done in T2.
A woman being a Terminator/enhanced was done in the TV series.
It's not failing because of any of this perceived stuff, it's failing like the last 3 did, they're just never as good as the original 2.
I thought it was watchable but I really don't like the actress who played the hybrid although she's in one of my favourite TV shows (Halt and Catch Fire, but I think I dislike her due to the character she plays in that).

But then again I like The Last Jedi and never got that from it either.

axl rose

Bench
It's not failing because of any of this perceived stuff, it's failing like the last 3 did, they're just never as good as the original 2.

You have to go back a long way before Arnold has been a box office draw. Before he quit acting for politics End of Days and 6th Day both flopped. True Lies would be the last time. Sly has done a much better job in his old age.

Matua

Bench
You have to go back a long way before Arnold has been a box office draw. Before he quit acting for politics End of Days and 6th Day both flopped. True Lies would be the last time. Sly has done a much better job in his old age.
Arnie definitely doesn't have the box office clout these days but I've actually liked him in the roles he'd played since his return to acting (they're just often in poor movies).

axl rose

Bench
Gemini Man- difficult to make a movie about cloned assassins boring, but they pulled it off. CGI just completely gives up in many scenes, they're basically talking to Jar Jar Binks. Worst movie of the year contender. 2/10

Angel Has Fallen- another American rah rah action movie, but its fun enough. If you want to see Gerard Butler shoot up a bunch of shit it will fulfill your expectations. Was better than London Has Fallen. 6/10

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
The decline started right after Terminator 2. True Lies was good, but there was a lot of shit in there like Last Action Hero, Junior, Jingle All the Way, Batman & Robin...

nöyd

Staff member
Swordfish

Wow, Jackman really took that shit seriously didn't he? Hasn't aged well, definitely a guilty pleasure type movie nowadays.

Wizardman

First Grade
The Human Centipede 2....I saw the first one about 4-5 years ago and had no urge to watch it due to the nature of the first film....lol. I lost a bet with a mate a little over a week ago and the debt was to watch the sequel.

It is an absolute headf**k. I probably preferred the first one due to the absolute shock value....although this was okay.

The Human Centipede 2....I saw the first one about 4-5 years ago and had no urge to watch it due to the nature of the first film....lol. I lost a bet with a mate a little over a week ago and the debt was to watch the sequel.

It is an absolute headf**k. I probably preferred the first one due to the absolute shock value....although this was okay.
Don't watch the third .
It's a steaming pile of crap .
Pardon the reference .

Joker - f**k me sideways. Agree that the story was a bit meh but hard to remember a more memorable acting performance for a long time. If he doesn’t win the Oscar I’ll give it up