What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

The Marshall

Juniors
Sounds like this monstrosity is getting a remake
dccc0d6f92f311003084a3d5099df9a4

Reflector

Juniors
If it works, don't fix it. I was a big fan of the chevrons and would much rather have seen NSW make that their iconic look rather than chopping and changing every few years. I was critical of the alternate jersey when announced but I actually loved the look of it in that Perth game- the result helped too!

Saint Doc

Coach
NSW Blues to unveil new strips for State of Origin 2020

These are the jerseys NSW will wear when they chase a historic three-peat over Queensland next season.

The Daily Telegraph has been given an exclusive sneak peak at the Blues’ three different strips for training and matches in Sydney (June 21), Adelaide (June 3) and Brisbane (July 8).

There will be a home jumper, alternate outfit and special captain’s run apparel.

NSW will formally unveil the jumpers at the Blues’ Centre of Excellence inside Sydney Olympic Park on Tuesday.

Star players Paul Vaughan, Cameron Murray and Damien Cook will model the jerseys, which will be part of the 40th anniversary celebrations for State of Origin.

The captain’s run outfit will include an image of a blue heeler dog on the front. The NSWRL said the “Australian-bred dog espouses the values the NSW Blues are built on and reflects the values of the NSW Blues, including mateship, loyalty, work ethic and discipline”.

NSW will wear their traditional sky blue home strip in Sydney and Brisbane and the alternate jumper, which is predominantly navy blue, in Adelaide.

The predominantly navy blue jumper was worn for the match in Perth this year and sold out.

It is similar to the one worn by the Blues in 1997 when Canterbury sportswear first became a partner with the NSWRL.

“The alternate playing strip (for Perth) was such a great moment in time for NSW,” NSWRL head of commercial and digital Jodie Cross said.

“It was a bold and innovative move, which is something we pride ourselves on at NSWRL, and the jersey sold out, which was a fantastic result.”

Trent Barrett, who played in the 1997 NSW side, said: “It’s great to see NSWRL bring back an iconic winning jersey to celebrate 40 years of Origin. I think the jumper looks great.”

The NSWRL has also filmed an advertisement promoting an inclusive state involving Sydney and all rural areas.

In a further boost to NSW, Brydens Lawyers has signed for another three years as naming rights sponsor.

“It is with unabated excitement and immense pride that I confirm the continuing partnership of Brydens Lawyers with the NSWRL as the naming rights sponsor of the Brydens Lawyers NSW Blues up to and including the 2023 State of Origin series,” principal of Brydens Lawyers Lee Hagipantelis said.

“The sponsorship of the Brydens Lawyers NSW Blues has proven enormously rewarding both professionally and personally.

“It is a genuine partnership founded on shared ideals and principles underscored by a commitment to excellence by both organisations.

“It affirms the investment that Brydens Lawyers has made in the game of rugby league in NSW, from the grassroots level through to the pinnacle of the game with
Canterbury Sports marketing manager Nathan Russell added: “As Origin celebrates 40 years in 2020, Canterbury is proud to continue its partnership with the Blues.

“In particular, we are proud to celebrate our Origin history with NSWRL, bringing back to life the first jersey Canterbury designed for the Blues in 1997.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...0/news-story/b57b1ccd9145fa2d9f77d87a5932f91d

images

hellteam

First Grade
Chevrons again, meh. Quite like the alternate strip, maybe even prefer it. Much more NSW looking than this year's one

kdalymc

Bench
from their promo vid today, it was pretty obvious what was happening
blues.png
worse jersey ever, cant believe they brought it back, and in the pics it looks cool haha

Also, no mention of 40 years of Origin??

Saint Doc

Coach

The Blues jerseys are putrid.

The coloured in V is crap. It’s a worse version of last year’s jersey, which I also hated
The 5 million logos are a cluster F.
The 1997 jersey is somehow worse than the original, which is widely regarded as the worst jersey of all time.
The dilution of the State of Origin brand with these alternate jerseys is a travesty.

What a balls up.