What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 College Football Season

T-Boon

Coach
If Oregon wins out including over a 1 loss Iowa in the Pac final, and LSU beats Georgia in the SEC final then I think Oregon gets into the playoffs in place of a second SEC team. That would be a great final 4: LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, Oregon.
However if Georgia beats LSU in the final (and they have both won out up to the final) then the committee probably puts them both in as boring as that would be.

T-Boon

Coach
I am not too upset about Tua. He has won a championship and will go number 1 or at least top 5 in the draft.
As for Saban...suck it.

The iron bowl (Auburn v Bama) will be a big test for Saban with a back up QB and a defense that isn't as great as he is use to. Thing is, that big running back is starting to live up to potential and running it is Saban preferred plan.

T-Boon

Coach
If Oregon wins out including over a 1 loss Iowa in the Pac final, and LSU beats Georgia in the SEC final then I think Oregon gets into the playoffs in place of a second SEC team. That would be a great final 4: LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, Oregon.
However if Georgia beats LSU in the final (and they have both won out up to the final) then the committee probably puts them both in as boring as that would be.

Then there was Baylor. Who would have thought they could be taken seriously? Got to love College Football.

T-Boon

Coach
Anyone following Baylor v Oklahoma on WatchESPN, that channel that has split screen on multiple camera angles including coaches reactions etc is pretty cool.

T-Boon

Coach
Typical of Big 12 a 25 point lead was not enough. Oklahoma caught them easily really. That puts Big 12 out of contention in my opinion.
How good do these Oregon outfits look.

Valheru

Coach

I would find that situation ludicrous and at that point you may as well destroy the whole system.

Under that scenario Georgia would have beaten LSU at a neutral venue which is exactly where they would face each other if they were to play against each other in the semis or final so we already know the result.

If Oregon and Utah both wint heir final 3 games we are going to get a 5 v 6 PAC-12 championship game with the winner on a 12 match winning streak. It would make a mockery of the sytem to deny the winner of that a semi final spot in favour of a 1 loss non conference champion.

T-Boon

Coach
I would find that situation ludicrous and at that point you may as well destroy the whole system.

Under that scenario Georgia would have beaten LSU at a neutral venue which is exactly where they would face each other if they were to play against each other in the semis or final so we already know the result.

If Oregon and Utah both wint heir final 3 games we are going to get a 5 v 6 PAC-12 championship game with the winner on a 12 match winning streak. It would make a mockery of the sytem to deny the winner of that a semi final spot in favour of a 1 loss non conference champion.

I really think you are putting too much stock in conference championships. The championship game of each conference is often a crappy game like ACC last year Clemson v Pittsburgh I think it was, or Big 10 Ohio v Northwestern. I don't know how long each conference has had a championship game but as far as the committee is concerned they are just a 13th reference point.
In this case you are right though Oregon or Iowa should get in but then again Oregon with that loss to Auburn - yikes. How do you leave LSU out when they beat Bama and only lost to Georgia while Oregon's best victory was Iowa and then nobody.

Valheru

Coach
I really think you are putting too much stock in conference championships. The championship game of each conference is often a crappy game like ACC last year Clemson v Pittsburgh I think it was, or Big 10 Ohio v Northwestern. I don't know how long each conference has had a championship game but as far as the committee is concerned they are just a 13th reference point.
In this case you are right though Oregon or Iowa should get in but then again Oregon with that loss to Auburn - yikes. How do you leave LSU out when they beat Bama and only lost to Georgia while Oregon's best victory was Iowa and then nobody.

It depends on the circumstance of the conference championship game as you say.

In this scenario (assuming both Oregona and Utah take care of business over the next two weeks) you will have at minimum a 5v6 conference championship game which I am pretty sure is unheard of and they could be ranked even higher if one of the others slips up.

The Oregon loss to Auburn doesn't look great but it was week 1 at a neutral venue and they lost in the last play of the game. It would be harsh for LSU to miss out with their only loss against Georgia but more recent form should be taken in to account and they would have just loss to a team that made the playoffs so there is a strong argument they are incapable of winning the playoff. Oregon or Utah would be on a 12 match winning streak and woud deserve the opportunity IMO.

Hopefully LSU go undefeated and the PAC-12 winner is just an automatic in.

There still could be a huge shake up yet to come IMO with OSU having a tremendously hard shcedule to come. They have to play number 9 Penn State and then @ 15 Michigan and then a BIG10 championship game against top 10 ranked Minnesota or Wisconsin. They are a big chance to lose one of them and if they don't they should be ranked 1 at the end of the regular season. If they do lose one of those then that would bring Oklahoma in to the debate assuming they win the BIG-12

Dani

Immortal
I am not too upset about Tua. He has won a championship and will go number 1 or at least top 5 in the draft.
As for Saban...suck it.

The iron bowl (Auburn v Bama) will be a big test for Saban with a back up QB and a defense that isn't as great as he is use to. Thing is, that big running back is starting to live up to potential and running it is Saban preferred plan.

Shhhh. :mad:

This made me cry

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B5AqhS0Bkr3/?igshid=1kvba18qiosoa

Latest posts