What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldPanther

Coach
Why are we even wasting our thumbs, typing about hayne, he'd be a terrible signing, might aswell sign Falou.

As for opinions, everyones got one, just like Rseh0les, and hindy is one, everytime i see one of those dumb replies, this one is up there for sure

Because we have nothing else but the deep black abyss of our own off season madness.

MugaB

Coach
Whatever you think about Folau's activity on social media and in the pulpit, the guy would be miles ahead of Hayne in terms of on field contributions.
True, and you damn well he wouldn't rape anyone, but he might smite you

Crashtest

Juniors
Whatever you think about Folau's activity on social media and in the pulpit, the guy would be miles ahead of Hayne in terms of on field contributions.

Would cost the club a lot sponsorship dollars though. No brand would want their name associated with him at all, especially any brand that is on the playing jersey that he would be wearing and photographed in.

age.s

First Grade
Would cost the club a lot sponsorship dollars though. No brand would want their name associated with him at all, especially any brand that is on the playing jersey that he would be wearing and photographed in.

Yeah, I didn't mean to understate the off-field baggage that would come with Folau. I wouldn't suggest him as a realistic option, particularly if he's going to be going off every time there's some sort of weather event.

I think he'd be a better hypothetical on-field proposition than Hayne, but as MX suggested maybe not by a huge margin.

PENRITH PANTHERS

Who’s in: Apisai Koroisau (Sea Eagles)

Who’s out: Reagan Campbell-Gillard (Eels), Sione Katoa (Bulldogs), James Maloney (Catalans), Wayde Egan (Warriors), Tim Grant, Sam McKendry, Hame Sele, Frank Winterstein, Paea Pua, Tyrell Fuimaono, Nick Lui-Toso (all released)

Off-contract 2020: Caleb Aekins, Jed Cartwright, Dylan Edwards, Kaide Ellis, Tyrone May, James Tamou, Brian To’o, Malakai Watene-Zelezniak

Re-signing priorities: Initially starting 2019 as a development player, centre Brian To’o enjoyed a strong debut season in first grade and looms as a future star out west.

Transfer targets: Penrith still have three roster spots to fill for the 2020 NRL season. One of those is likely to be taken by rising Dubbo playmaker Matt Burton, who catapulted into the headlines after an eye-catching, and emotional, Round 21 debut that helped secure an upset win over Cronulla.

They say:While we continue to consider recruitment options to strengthen our squad for next season, we also have full confidence in the talent and temperament of the playing group as it stands.” — General Manager Rugby League Matt Cameron.

Our verdict: Given Penrith boast one of the youngest rosters in the NRL, much will depend on the continuing development of players like Nathan Cleary, Viliame Kikau, James Fisher-Harris and Dylan Edwards. It will also be interesting to see how Samoan international Jarome Luai handles the No.6 jersey fulltime.

— Nick Walshaw
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/d605cddc2f6bf8bafcbbecbbae615421

martielang

Bench
I'd take Folau in a heartbeat, he'd offer a hell of a lot to our/any side. Imagine having that sort of aerial threat on an edge + his running game.

You might lose a sponsor or 2 but I think you'd probably pick up a couple along the way.

betcats

Referee
Too should be given a crack at centre. Defensively he reads the game well enough and he’s strong runner and finisher but struggles under the high ball(for obvious reasons). Naden and Sauce on the wings with Crichton and Too on the centres is how id be going with our current roster.

franklin2323

Immortal
Too should be given a crack at centre. Defensively he reads the game well enough and he’s strong runner and finisher but struggles under the high ball(for obvious reasons). Naden and Sauce on the wings with Crichton and Too on the centres is how id be going with our current roster.

Plenty of options which is good but I still think Luai/Burns are the best centre options atm. Give Naden/Crichton more time

Coastal

Juniors
True, and you damn well he wouldn't rape anyone, but he might smite you
he might just have more people who agree with 'most" of what he preaches than you think. A lot of people agree with what the greens say, but they are nowhere near making policy in this country, and lets all be thankful for that.

The yak

Juniors
PENRITH PANTHERS

They say:While we continue to consider recruitment options to strengthen our squad for next season, we also have full confidence in the talent and temperament of the playing group as it stands.” — General Manager Rugby League Matt Cameron.

Unless he is playing his cards close to his chest doesn't sound like any signings soon.

OldPanther

Coach
PENRITH PANTHERS

Who’s in: Apisai Koroisau (Sea Eagles)

Who’s out: Reagan Campbell-Gillard (Eels), Sione Katoa (Bulldogs), James Maloney (Catalans), Wayde Egan (Warriors), Tim Grant, Sam McKendry, Hame Sele, Frank Winterstein, Paea Pua, Tyrell Fuimaono, Nick Lui-Toso (all released)

Off-contract 2020: Caleb Aekins, Jed Cartwright, Dylan Edwards, Kaide Ellis, Tyrone May, James Tamou, Brian To’o, Malakai Watene-Zelezniak

Re-signing priorities: Initially starting 2019 as a development player, centre Brian To’o enjoyed a strong debut season in first grade and looms as a future star out west.

Transfer targets: Penrith still have three roster spots to fill for the 2020 NRL season. One of those is likely to be taken by rising Dubbo playmaker Matt Burton, who catapulted into the headlines after an eye-catching, and emotional, Round 21 debut that helped secure an upset win over Cronulla.

Our verdict: Given Penrith boast one of the youngest rosters in the NRL, much will depend on the continuing development of players like Nathan Cleary, Viliame Kikau, James Fisher-Harris and Dylan Edwards. It will also be interesting to see how Samoan international Jarome Luai handles the No.6 jersey fulltime.

— Nick Walshaw
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/d605cddc2f6bf8bafcbbecbbae615421

I thought Jed re-signed. Must be my imagination.

Plenty of options which is good but I still think Luai/Burns are the best centre options atm. Give Naden/Crichton more time

I'd run Burton/Crichton as centres with Naden/To'o on the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.