What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

hindy111

Post Whore
It's a great group.
4 QBs of the future perhaps? Well Wilson is more the current and best QB in league but all 4 sides have promise.
Arizona I think will be the big movers in NFL next season.
Rams look done.

T.S Quint

Coach
I wish our receivers could catch a f**king ball. Too many times they had catches bounce off their hands or chest. Some big plays completely nullified by poor catching.

Missing Kittle and then having Sanders go down injured so early in the game meant our offense was completely lacklustre.

Despite all this we still had a great chance to win...and blew it.

I’m still pretty upset about this one.

T.S Quint

Coach
We’re past the 50 baby. If we can get some injuries back, this week vs GB should b a cracker

First winning record since 2013.
Feels good. Injuries are absolutely killing us though. Need Ford back as soon as possible, and hopefully Kittle and Breida will be back next week.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hey @Eelementary, how do you feel about your man Gruden right now?

Seems to be working.

Not sold, tbh.

We closed out the game against the Bengals, but we were far from impressive.

Derek Carr played well; Josh Jacobs continued to impress; and our young bookends, Crosby, and Ferrell, are performing very well.

But all in all, this is a side that only just beat the hitherto 0-and-8 Bengals by 7 points...

I'm not sold on Gruden, or his vision.

T.S Quint

Coach
Not sold, tbh.

We closed out the game against the Bengals, but we were far from impressive.

Derek Carr played well; Josh Jacobs continued to impress; and our young bookends, Crosby, and Ferrell, are performing very well.

But all in all, this is a side that only just beat the hitherto 0-and-8 Bengals by 7 points...

I'm not sold on Gruden, or his vision.

Jacobs is a fun.
Funnily enough he was one of the draft picks that the Raiders got in the Mack trade, so it’s begin to look not so bad in hindsight. He’s probably going to be offensive rookie of the year.

I guess when it comes to someone’s vision it’s always hard to see the end result straight away. Raiders would actually be better off not winning another game and getting a higher draft pick. Hurts for a while but if done right can work out really well (look at the Niners this year).

T.S Quint

Coach
I will also say, Kyler Murray is going to be good. He’s definitely got a lot of Russell Wilson about him.

Which means I already hate him.
Why is it when we finally get good again the rest of the division also improves as well. NFC West is either a complete dumpster fire or the best division in the NFL most of the time. How good do the Patriots have it, getting to beat up on the Jets, Bills and Dolphins every single year.

hindy111

Post Whore
Jacobs is a fun.
Funnily enough he was one of the draft picks that the Raiders got in the Mack trade, so it’s begin to look not so bad in hindsight. He’s probably going to be offensive rookie of the year.

I guess when it comes to someone’s vision it’s always hard to see the end result straight away. Raiders would actually be better off not winning another game and getting a higher draft pick. Hurts for a while but if done right can work out really well (look at the Niners this year).

If your top 7 it's great but hey how many are busts?
Oakland will get a 11-20 pick and I am unsure if there is much differece bar lack or needs.
Plenty of no 1 picks bust so it's no guarantee.

Now what they also will get is the Bears pick. That could be top 10 and at worse top 15. So two very good picks.

Nothing in 2nd rnd but 3 in the 3rd so they could quite easily make a splash if wanted to.

If Gruden picks well they could come away with 2 great first rounders and 3 starters from 3rd. I don't see a reason to not perform. It would be great to make play offs and have this type of draft capital.

hindy111

Post Whore
On Carr he is playing great. If they draft him a few more weapons be will come to life.
Sure they only beat the Bangels but they have had 5 losses by one score.
Bally only beat them by 7 in their first match. Seattle by 1.
A wins a win. Get the jobs done against JETS who have found some life and they'll be on a roll. Kansas showdown will be a belter

Eelementary

Post Whore
Jacobs is a fun.

That's certainly how Gruden tried to sell it to Raider Nation - short-term pain, long-term gain.

But our biggest issues are:

(1) a very average QB
(2) an almost non-existent secondary

I am not convinced that Gruden is the man to fix these issues.

I know we have suffered heaps of injuries and/or suspensions in our secondary, but Gruden does not inspire confidence in me.

hindy111

Post Whore
That's certainly how Gruden tried to sell it to Raider Nation - short-term pain, long-term gain.

(1) a very average QB

I know we have suffered heaps of injuries and/or suspensions in our secondary, but Gruden does not inspire confidence in me.

Carr isn't a superstar but he has never been in a good side.

He ranks
7th in yard per attempt
2nd in completion rate
16th yard per game
13th for Tds
Only 5 intercepts - considering Wilson and Rodgers are best with 2 a piece
11th for best qbr
6th for passer rating

He is middle of table for every stat he is bad at and top 10 in most. And he has less weapons then many others. I don't think he is a superstar but he is solid and can win a bowl with him. He isn't as flashy as Mahomes but he does the job.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Carr isn't a superstar but he has never been in a good side.

He ranks
7th in yard per attempt
2nd in completion rate
16th yard per game
13th for Tds
Only 5 intercepts - considering Wilson and Rodgers are best with 2 a piece
11th for best qbr
6th for passer rating

He is middle of table for every stat he is bad at and top 10 in most. And he has less weapons then many others. I don't think he is a superstar but he is solid and can win a bowl with him. He isn't as flashy as Mahomes but he does the job.

I disagree.

His decision making is awful; he is indecisive; he often chooses the wrong option (particularly when under pressure)...

He's a bum.

There are no statistics to prove that he is over-rated as hell, but trust me - he is bog average.

Raiders fans have been making excuses for him for ages:

- he has suffered bad injuries, which set him back
- he has never had offensive weapons to aid him
- he has never had the chance to learn a proper system for an extended period

Excuses, all of them.

He has skill - loads, and loads of it -, he bleeds silver and black, and he is a leader.

But we will never win a Super Bowl with him under center.

T.S Quint

Coach

(1) a very average QB

The secondary can be addressed in the upcoming draft. You’ve got plenty of picks to use.

As for the QB, well you’re stuck with him for the time being.

T.S Quint

Coach
If your top 7 it's great but hey how many are busts?
Oakland will get a 11-20 pick and I am unsure if there is much differece bar lack or needs.
Plenty of no 1 picks bust so it's no guarantee.

Now what they also will get is the Bears pick. That could be top 10 and at worse top 15. So two very good picks.

Nothing in 2nd rnd but 3 in the 3rd so they could quite easily make a splash if wanted to.

If Gruden picks well they could come away with 2 great first rounders and 3 starters from 3rd. I don't see a reason to not perform. It would be great to make play offs and have this type of draft capital.

Of course plenty of players turn out to be busts, but you have a better chance of picking up someone good the higher your pick is (as long as you know what you’re doing when it comes to picking players).

They did it well a few years ago when they picked up Khalil Mack with the second pick. If they had the 10th pick then they probably don’t have as much draft capital as they do right now. Who knows.

Last year sucked as a Niner fan, but ending up with the second pick and Nick Bosa has made it all worthwhile.

hindy111

Post Whore
I disagree.

His decision making is awful; he is indecisive; he often chooses the wrong option (particularly when under pressure)...

He's a bum.

There are no statistics to prove that he is over-rated as hell, but trust me - he is bog average.

Raiders fans have been making excuses for him for ages:

- he has suffered bad injuries, which set him back
- he has never had offensive weapons to aid him
- he has never had the chance to learn a proper system for an extended period

Excuses, all of them.

He has skill - loads, and loads of it -, he bleeds silver and black, and he is a leader.

But we will never win a Super Bowl with him under center.

I realy like him. Low key and does his business unlike some of the show ponies around like Cam Newton.

hindy111

Post Whore
Of course plenty of players turn out to be busts, but you have a better chance of picking up someone good the higher your pick is (as long as you know what you’re doing when it comes to picking players).

They did it well a few years ago when they picked up Khalil Mack with the second pick. If they had the 10th pick then they probably don’t have as much draft capital as they do right now. Who knows.

Last year sucked as a Niner fan, but ending up with the second pick and Nick Bosa has made it all worthwhile.

Unless need a QB. So many busts.
Winston and Mariotta where so hyped. Truibsky looks a bust. Bortles another. Josh Rosen.....I reckon Baker may end up a bust also.