What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Legion

Juniors
or he’s simply getting bad advice. .
If he's listening to The Mouth Mundine then he's definitely receiving poor advice.

Don't be surprised if he has a dummy spit when not selected for Origin & Test footy [Due to poor form but The Mouth will try to convince him that he was dropped because he's a black fella], to leave to become a boxer under The Mouth. That would be hilarious.

Legion

Juniors
He should just focus on 2020. Kill it like we all know he’s capable of, then the $1mil offers will come
That's the thing though; we don't know if he is capable of turning up week in week out & put in 100% every game. He's so inconsistent, due I believe to a poor attitude.

If he has The Mouth Mundine chewing on his ear one can all but guarantee that his attitude will only get worse.

adamkungl

Immortal
Who would have the most to gain?

Why is Weidler writing such pro Roosters horseshit?

The media would have the most to gain by playing both sides of the story so they can keep churning out daily gossip.

Weidler always writes horseshit. He may even be a Roosters fan. Who knows. Obviously he's not matey with Latrell's manager like he obviously is some of the others.

Roosters have no reason to be pissy at Latrell and wouldn't gain anything by character assassinating him. What would be the aim? It's not like publicly slandering the bloke is going to get him to sign on for less money.

There are barely even 2 sides to this story - LM said he wants more money, Roosters said Ok good luck.
Robinson was supportive of him in the media today.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Im tipping the cows. I feel Latrell wants to get away from Sydney.

Channel 9 just reported that the Cowboys have informed him they won’t be putting an offer forward. Seems very weird to wine and dine him then say ‘thanks for coming but we don’t want you.’ Maybe Val got scared and told them he was coming.

Rhyno

First Grade
Tigers fans still whinge about Moses, Cleary and Matterson leaving and now they trying to get Mitchell to break a contact

what hypocrites

Tiger5150

Bench
This might be just wishful thinking, but the whole Cowboys thing seems really suss. To me it is screaming of pressuring Holmes into getting off his arse.

Why I say that is Latrell does seem to be a pretty quiet dude, doesnt seek the limelight, seems to value quiet time to himself and family. We have heard over & over about his love to chill with family at Taree. Ever since the Roosters pulled their offer, there hasnt been a sound out of him, no publicity, no spruiking, no footage of him visiting bulldogs, Tigers, Souffs, Knights etc. Not a peep.

If NQ wanted him you would assume one of the things they would be selling him is that "its not like Sydney here, its quiet and you can relax and be yourself and hang out."

It seemed to be the opposite. The media were tipped off to every movement, when he was going, where he would be. There are photos and media video of him from the moment he landed. Dinner with Peter Parr and Cowboy big wigs in a highly visible location in Townsvilles high profile restaurant. Media waiting for him afterwards. LM social media of where is and what he is doing. They would be hard pressed to make it more high profile and visible.

Maybe that was the whole point?

beave

Coach
This might be just wishful thinking, but the whole Cowboys thing seems really suss. To me it is screaming of pressuring Holmes into getting off his arse.

Why I say that is Latrell does seem to be a pretty quiet dude, doesnt seek the limelight, seems to value quiet time to himself and family. We have heard over & over about his love to chill with family at Taree. Ever since the Roosters pulled their offer, there hasnt been a sound out of him, no publicity, no spruiking, no footage of him visiting bulldogs, Tigers, Souffs, Knights etc. Not a peep.

If NQ wanted him you would assume one of the things they would be selling him is that "its not like Sydney here, its quiet and you can relax and be yourself and hang out."

It seemed to be the opposite. The media were tipped off to every movement, when he was going, where he would be. There are photos and media video of him from the moment he landed. Dinner with Peter Parr and Cowboy big wigs in a highly visible location in Townsvilles high profile restaurant. Media waiting for him afterwards. LM social media of where is and what he is doing. They would be hard pressed to make it more high profile and visible.

Maybe that was the whole point?

if it pressured Val to finally f**king sign, then mission accomplished. Val is the player I think that is a better fit, if Latrell gets homesick living in Sydney, then what hope living in Tvl? Then we have a sulking bitch for 3 years chewing up cap space. Val is the better fit and should have never been allowed to leave as a young bloke but it is what it is.

Out of all of this (if the reports are true that Val is coming home) I feel for Sharks fans. Val piss bolted last minute for a ‘gap year’ and left the sharks in the lurch somewhat. i’d be filthy at him for it.

Das Hassler

Bench
Tigers fans still whinge about Moses, Cleary and Matterson leaving and now they trying to get Mitchell to break a contact

what hypocrites

No ....good try but no cigar. .Tigers haven't sought or instigated any such thing.....Chooks have offered to let him go early to ANYONE but souths (quote) "we need to move on"

pay attention

Just for reference. ...this sound like the Tiges are trying to have him break his contract ? Lol
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/sydney...mitchell/77b31702-fffc-4332-9955-c26ffc6e5c9c

Last edited:

MKCS

Juniors
You lost sheck and two years later bring in Teddy and Cronk in the same offseason.

First team to go back to back since the broncos, another squad that was definitely cap compliant....the rosters are not a level playing field with most clubs, you are delusional if you think so.

The same year the Roosters signed Teddy and Cronk we lost:

Aidan Guerra, Connor Watson, Kane Evans, Mitchell Pearce. 2/4 at the time were current representative players with Evans' name being thrown around for Origin at the time I believe.

The year after (This past season) we lost Matterson, Ferguson, Nikorima, FPN, Momorovski, Baptiste and O'Sullivan.

All we've really got in return for losing those 11 players (3 current rep players and a couple of future rep players) was Cronk, Tedesco (Who was only just becoming what he is now when the Roosters signed him), Angus Crichton and an ageing Brett Morris who signed for unders because he wanted to win a comp again.

We are now set to lose Latrell and have already lost Cronk for the 2020 season and we've only signed Flanagan. I'd say the Roosters will spend all of Cronk and Latrell's money on re-signing the likes of JWH, SST, Friend etc.

The Roosters are on the same level salary cap wise but ahead on lifestyle. Why live in Canberra, Newcastle or Penrith when you can make good money at the Roosters, live in a nice apartment/house overlooking one of Australia's most famous beaches, play in a winning team, play under one of the best coaches in the league and get looked after by someone with over half a billion dollars in the bank that has a ton of third party agreement contacts to help you make even more money on top of your contract?

Canard

Immortal
The same year the Roosters signed Teddy and Cronk we lost:

Aidan Guerra, Connor Watson, Kane Evans, Mitchell Pearce. 2/4 at the time were current representative players with Evans' name being thrown around for Origin at the time I believe.

The year after (This past season) we lost Matterson, Ferguson, Nikorima, FPN, Momorovski, Baptiste and O'Sullivan.

All we've really got in return for losing those 11 players (3 current rep players and a couple of future rep players) was Cronk, Tedesco (Who was only just becoming what he is now when the Roosters signed him), Angus Crichton and an ageing Brett Morris who signed for unders because he wanted to win a comp again.

We are now set to lose Latrell and have already lost Cronk for the 2020 season and we've only signed Flanagan. I'd say the Roosters will spend all of Cronk and Latrell's money on re-signing the likes of JWH, SST, Friend etc.

The Roosters are on the same level salary cap wise but ahead on lifestyle. Why live in Canberra, Newcastle or Penrith when you can make good money at the Roosters, live in a nice apartment/house overlooking one of Australia's most famous beaches, play in a winning team, play under one of the best coaches in the league and get looked after by someone with over half a billion dollars in the bank that has a ton of third party agreement contacts to help you make even more money on top of your contract?

Baptiste?? FMD

Latest posts