What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Sea Eagles re-sign Jake and Tom Trbojevic to long term deals
seaeagles.com.au
Fri 15 Nov 2019, 01:50 PM

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are pleased to announce the re-signing of Jake Trbojevic and Tom Trbojevic for a further six years.

Off contract at the start of next season, Jake and Tom have secured their playing future at the Sea Eagles until at least the end of 2026.

Jake made his NRL debut for the Sea Eagles in 2013 against the Penrith Panthers. The 25-year-old lock has since played 119 first grade games for the Sea Eagles and has represented NSW and Australia. In that time, he has also claimed the Club’s Roy Bull ‘Best and Fairest Award’ three times (2019, 2018, 2015)

Tom made his NRL debut for Manly in 2015 against the Canberra Raiders with the electrifying full-back since crossing for 44 tries in his 89 games for the Sea Eagles. The 23-year-old won the Club’s Roy Bull ‘Best and Fairest Award’ in 2016 and has also represented NSW and Australia.

In announcing the contract extension today at the Sea Eagles headquarters at the Sydney Academy of Sport at Narrabeen, Manly CEO Stephen Humphreys said it was a wonderful moment for the Club.

“It is brilliant news for the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, our loyal Members and corporate partners to know that two of our most favoured sons, Jake and Tom Trbojevic, have now committed to the Club for a further six years beyond the 2020 season,” Humphreys said.

“They are outstanding young men, a great credit to themselves, their family, the Sea Eagles and the great game of Rugby League. They are both proud Manly juniors and we are all very proud of them.

“Jake and Tom thoroughly deserve these lucrative new contracts and we are thrilled that they will continue to be integral to our plans and performance for many years to come.”

Sea Eagles Coach Des Hasler was delighted for Jake and Tom.

Jake and Tom will continue their journey in becoming part of the Manly folklore when we speak about great Manly players
- Des Hasler, Head Coach

“They are fashioned as part of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles silk and they have stated their legacy is now all about the Manly jersey.”

Jake Trbojevic said it was a great feeling to have secured his future at Manly.

“The Sea Eagles mean the world to Tom and me. We’re proud to be Manly men,’’ Jake said.

“To know that we will be playing together for the Sea Eagles for a further six years after next season is an incredible feeling.

“I believe this Club is certainly heading in the right direction. I can’t wait to get back to Lottoland and play in front of our great Members again next season.”

Tom Trbojevic was very happy to remain at the Sea Eagles.

Jake and I love playing for Manly. It’s our home
- Tom Trbojevic, Sea Eagles Fullback

“I know this team can certainly be finals contenders for many years to come, and hopefully, we can lift that NRL premiership trophy in the near future.

“I’m really looking forward to returning to the field next season and playing in front of our fantastic Members at Lottoland.”

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2...gn-jake-and-tom-trbojevic-to-long-term-deals/

Tiger5150

Bench
Alex Twal re-signs with the Tigers (members email)

Really glad to hear this. Great young player and was a bit worried about him as he is great mates with Matterson. With him and Garner extending more than a year out, it seems a good indication of a healthy attitude and culture at the Tigers under Madge contrary to what Matterson said.

In tying up Twal, Garner & Mikaele, the Tigers have a nice core of young guys to build a pack around for the future.

Zadar

Juniors
Anyone’s guess seeing how good he goes after his stint in the NFL

Latrell to the Tigers

Holmes is a good player, and should come back fine as a winger, he hasn’t proven anything special as a fullback like Hayne was before he left, so I don’t think the expectations should be anything comparable to Hayne. Good signing, but I wouldn’t be paying him a million yet.