What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your favourite rugby league images ?

horrie hastings

First Grade
All the car restoration nuts are looking at that pic and just crying.
Kombi's, EH, EJ, Mini, FK, Beetles galore, FJ's.
Most of them would be straight as arrows, and you could have bought them for less than a grand each.

Can anyone work out roughly what year the pic was taken ? I used to live half a block away and can't remember cars parking in the middle of Moore Park rd and my memory from there is roughly from 1967.

Tiger5150

Bench
Is that referring to the premiership the raiders won 30 years ago when they were over the salary cap?

Canberra didnt go over the cap in '89, the salary cap was brought in because of '89. It wasnt brought in to even the playing field or to bring Canberra back to the pack, it was brought in because Canberra were sending themselves broke (my memory is that the NSWRL bailed them out?) and the cap was brought in to stop other clubs doing the same.

Incorrect

Coach
Can anyone work out roughly what year the pic was taken ? I used to live half a block away and can't remember cars parking in the middle of Moore Park rd and my memory from there is roughly from 1967.
Maybe they're not parked, just driving really really close together...

This Year?

Immortal
74620934_2919964058054666_1720881438594695168_n.jpg

So he doesn't BBQ alone anymore. Je n'ai jamais su cela

axl rose

Bench
1919 Britannia sailed by the famous 'Wee' Georgie Robinson - some of his crew played for the Balmain Tigers and were known for wearing their striped black and gold club jerseys.

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
My best memory of Harvey that year was that charge down try (caught it on the full) to score the only try to upset Wests at the Sports Ground

Yes I remember that game well, Don Moseley did a chip over the top and Harvey threw his arms up in the air and caught the ball on the full and ran over and score the only try , Easts won 9-4. There weren't many highlights for Easts in 1979 but that was definitely one of them.

Yes I remember that game well, Don Moseley did a chip over the top and Harvey threw his arms up in the air and caught the ball on the full and ran over and score the only try , Easts won 9-4. There weren't many highlights for Easts in 1979 but that was definitely one of them.

That was the washed out round too, wasn’t it? Only a couple of games played due to the week’s torrential rain?