What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan Matterson possibly on the way out?

BrotherJim05

Bench
Does anyone know what we got out of the Matterson deal? Pascoe was pretty clear we wouldn't release him unless we got something out of it

Tigerm

First Grade
Does anyone know what we got out of the Matterson deal? Pascoe was pretty clear we wouldn't release him unless we got something out of it
It was my understanding that we got nothing more than seeing him off and his wages were part of the current ($1.7m war chest), with Mataulino & Masters.
This has allowed us to go and speak to players like LM, for me it wasn't a bad way to go. Just need to get the right players.

This is what we got out of letting him go. We just got him off our books. I think it's crap but if we can get a better team on the park next year it's worth it.

If all letting him go gave us was the cap space to sign a player of Mitchell's calibre, I'm happy. The release has probably allowed us to take on Latrell for next year.

Matterson was great for us last year. But letting him go to land a genuine star back who has many of the attributes we are missing is certainly a wise decision. And if he doesn't work out, at least we burned cap space on a proper star instead of paying overs for broken down has-beens or never-weres for a change.

The unknown

Juniors
He certainly picked the right club to go. He will get along with all the other half baked brainless morons. I feel for Gutho he is the only one with a double figured IQ

Half of me thinks when Rhyno posts in here he is trolling but then the other half of me genuinely thinks he is special needs

If he's trolling, he's the Scotty Minto of trolls

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
But letting him go to land a genuine star back who has many of the attributes we are missing is certainly a wise decision. And if he doesn't work out, at least we burned cap space on a proper star instead of paying overs for broken down has-beens or never-weres for a change.

I completely agree on both points.

Latest posts