What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season (Imagined)

Lambretta

First Grade
Ok. An off season thread

Putting your club 9th, so everyone can see who you support, name the 1 to 16 you'd like to see in 2020

You can base it on "these squads have the potential to" or "this is who I hate and like as clubs" or "these squads are full of upstanding citizens, whilst these others are full of tattoo covered salary cap cheats"

Whatever your logic, who would you like to see succeed and who would you like to see struggle?

Lambretta

First Grade
1. Warriors - I like the Warriors, they have lovely jersey's and snotting the nose of RU makes this a no brainer for me
2. Raiders - I have been bandwagoning these guys for a few seasons. A team with likeable English imports who think Canberra is actually a good place to live and a mental coach. What's not to love?
3. Eels - New stadium, new attitude, new era? Probably not, but you can always hope. They have such a massive fan base it woyld be a real shot in the arm for RL
4. Tigers - Who doesn't love hopeless perennial losers? Well, mostly their own fans. But they'd finally get back on board if they finished top 4
5. Titans - this is my 'I f**king hate the Gold Coast Suns vote', so a successful Gold Coast Titans is a wet dream. Its about as likely as that other one including hot models and Jacuzzis
6. Knights - Yeah, I know this would probably mean Pearce back in a Blues jersey but f**k it. Newy needs this
7. Bulldogs - i havea soft spot for this Dogs team. They try. I also have a very soft head
8. Sea Eagles - now they're my local team, I might get invited to a bbq and get free beer...
9. Roosters
10. Sharks - I should put these f**kers lower purely because of Scott Morrison. What was I thinking?
11. Dragons - Sack Mary already and get yourself a decent hooker.... and a clue.
12. Panthers - All the chances in the World and they do exactly nothing. I wish they'd stop disappointing.
13. Storm - too long, f**k off already
14. Cowboys - I just can't summon any enthusiasm for them atm. I don't dislike them, I just don't love them.
15. Broncos - I would put them 16th, but some other bunch beat them
16. Rabbitohs - if only someone could cinish 17th

Doing that list, it struck me that I would be just as happy to put say the Panthers, Cowboys and Sharks in my top 8 as the Sea Eagles and Bulldogs

There are very few clubs I don't like or don't enjoy watching.

Last edited:

BadnMean

Juniors
Weird you say that because hating the other teams is half the fun. I hate heaps of teams. The hating starts pretty much as soon as you leave the top 5. But I could probably be talked into hating Madge & the Pamfers pretty easy too.

1 Warriors-
get it together Warriors, seriously, wtf have you been DOING all these years. My god!
2 Cowboys- Lolo, woo woo!
3 Eels- its fun to watch their fans go all crazy about whoever their current Fijian winger is, like a winger is going to win the comp for them
4 Tigers- only time they'll be top 4 all year, let's face it
5 Pamfers- yeah, Gould and everything, but I just can't generate much hate for them
6 Rabbitohs- I'm as surprised as you are they made it this high. I prefer Bennett all wispy haired and tired looking after losing, being salty in press conferences, that's the Wayne I like
7 Newcastle- i'd wish them lower but I think they'll fail just fine on their own
8 St George- I don't have much against the club, I just really like watching Mary failing and wish him no success
9 Ricky's Raiderps- will our even year curse strike again?
10 Manly- i fear the media jizzstorm if the Turbos win a comp
11 GC- they just bore me to tears. I can't think of a single redeeming feature about them
12 Sharks- Paul Gallen. Their fans are the second worst. Spirit fingers, seriously?
13 Doggies- their fans are the worst
14 Brisbane- i still don't like them, even when they suck
15 Melbourne- everybody knows why to hate melbourne
16 Rooters- still whining about a comp they won. Also, Trent Robinsons face is weird and lumpy and I don't like looking at it. It's like someone built a face out of other bulbous things that are not a face and did the best they could to make it look human, a really good job, but it still just looks a bit like random, bulbous things jammed together in facsimile of a human face

Springs09

Juniors
1. Knights - Not for their players, for their awesome fans. Those diehards that pack out that stadium on 6pm Friday to watch their team underachieve deserve a winning side.
2. Tigers - Get 2005 flair back for once and stop finishing 9th
3. Rabbitohs - Soft spot for my childhood club
4. Bulldogs - Usually hate, but the way they fought back at the end of last year deserves rewarding
5. Cowboys - Meh
6. Sea Eagles - Also usually hate but there's something endearing about the Turbos and how they play with a limited roster.
7. Raiders - Love the team. Hate the coach.
8. Warriors - Similar to Raiders. Would like to see them win but think Kearney needs to go before they do.
9. Eels
10. Panthers - The Clearys are boring.
11. Dragons - Usually don't mind them but need Mary and more gone.
12. Titans - A nothing club.
13. Sharks - Arrogant tossers
14. Broncos - Who, other than Broncos fans, wouldn't like to see them down the bottom?
15. Roosters - Usually hate anyway, but had enough of seeing them win. Go away.
16. Storm - Get outta here you cheating purple wrestle cheats. Go ruin someone else's sport.

Lambretta

First Grade
Weird you say that because hating the other teams is half the fun. I hate heaps of teams. The hating starts pretty much as soon as you leave the top 5. But I could probably be talked into hating Madge & the Pamfers pretty easy too.

1 Warriors-
get it together Warriors, seriously, wtf have you been DOING all these years. My god!
2 Cowboys- Lolo, woo woo!
3 Eels- its fun to watch their fans go all crazy about whoever their current Fijian winger is, like a winger is going to win the comp for them
4 Tigers- only time they'll be top 4 all year, let's face it
5 Pamfers- yeah, Gould and everything, but I just can't generate much hate for them
6 Rabbitohs- I'm as surprised as you are they made it this high. I prefer Bennett all wispy haired and tired looking after losing, being salty in press conferences, that's the Wayne I like
7 Newcastle- i'd wish them lower but I think they'll fail just fine on their own
8 St George- I don't have much against the club, I just really like watching Mary failing and wish him no success
9 Ricky's Raiderps- will our even year curse strike again?
10 Manly- i fear the media jizzstorm if the Turbos win a comp
11 GC- they just bore me to tears. I can't think of a single redeeming feature about them
12 Sharks- Paul Gallen. Their fans are the second worst. Spirit fingers, seriously?
13 Doggies- their fans are the worst
14 Brisbane- i still don't like them, even when they suck
15 Melbourne- everybody knows why to hate melbourne
16 Rooters- still whining about a comp they won. Also, Trent Robinsons face is weird and lumpy and I don't like looking at it. It's like someone built a face out of other bulbous things that are not a face and did the best they could to make it look human, a really good job, but it still just looks a bit like random, bulbous things jammed together in facsimile of a human face

Great post. Love your work

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
1. Raiders - one better than 2019 would be nice to see
2. Dragons - just so their fans stop complaining for a bit (they'd still complain finishing 2nd, who am I kidding?)
3. Knights - bit of a reward for a patient fanbase
4. Cowboys - big believer in footy being good when regional teams like Newcastle, NQ and Canberra are doing well.
5. Sharks - just where they ended up
6. Panthers - Middling kinda team, middling kinda position
7. Wests Tigers - Madge seems more likeable having left Souths.
8. Warriors - continuing their hokey pokey finals qualifying pattern.
9. Bulldogs
10. Manly - salty about Des
11. Eels - yes a patient fanbase too, but meh
12. Rabbitohs - because lol@souffs and also #sackBennett
13. Storm - I'm interested to see what happens to the Melbourne supporter base when they aren't able to take persistent success for granted.
14. Broncos - result: #sackSeibold
15. Roosters - sick of them winning
16. Titans - so they get culled or relocated :shrug:♂️

jim_57

Staff member
1. Warriors
2. Eels
3. Raiders
4. Titans
5. Knights
6. Tigers
7. Storm
8. Panthers
9. Cowboys
10. Bulldogs
11. Sea Eagles
12. Dragons
13. Rabbitohs
14. Sharks
15. Broncos
16. Roosters

Ok. An off season thread

Putting your club 9th, so everyone can see who you support, name the 1 to 16 you'd like to see in 2020

You can base it on "these squads have the potential to" or "this is who I hate and like as clubs" or "these squads are full of upstanding citizens, whilst these others are full of tattoo covered salary cap cheats"

Whatever your logic, who would you like to see succeed and who would you like to see struggle?

Tbh i would like to see Newcastle succeed

Timbo

Staff member
1-Knights
2-Tigers
3-Titans
4-Eagles
5-Eels
6-Bulldogs
7-Warriors
8-Cowboys
9-Raiders
10-Dragons
11-Panthers
12-Roosters
13-Storm
14-Rabbitohs
15-Broncos
16-Sharks

adamkungl

Immortal
Trying to keep it somewhat realistic - rank teams by expectation (except Roosters 9th as per OP) and then adjust for who i actually like

1 Raiders - If George Williams clicks they will go up a notch in attack. Made the GF this year without a star half. Anything less than top 4 would be a disaster. Happy to see them take their shot.

2 Eels -
back down? Can they put 2 good years together? maybe? f**k it i'll back them again, despite them burning me before

3 Storm -
maybe this year is the year they drop... probably not though.

4 Wests - Madge and Latrell will lead them to the promised land, week 2 of the finals.

5 Manly - Dessies back. Luck with injuries and they'll go far. Some massive merkins in this team though.

6 Knights -who knows. New coach new attitude? Would be good to see them go well.

7 Warriors -
Another club in severe need of major change. I'd love to see them have a serious crack but they probably won't

8 Sharks -
Not the most likeable roster. Fifita Woods Dugan Moylan, yuck. Probably enough here to challenge for the top 4 if they pull their egos in

9 Roosters - no chance they finish 9th

10 Rabbitohs - Lost their 2 biggest stars in the last 12 months and haven't replaced them with equal quality. Don't have the cattle for it. Unfortunately will probably make the 8

11 Titans - I like and rate the coach. Some talent in the roster. Big improvers but not finalists.

12 Broncos
- same coach, same roster. second year might see some improvement? Hopefully not.

13 Cowboys -
meh. No reason to think they'll improve.

14 Panthers -
Cleary is a bum coach for a bum club. Down down they go. Will probably punt Cleary to Easts mid year.

15 Bulldogs
- should continue to improve somewhat. Still not a finals roster. I'm fine with them plodding along the bottom again.

16 Dragons -
Need to truly hit rock bottom before they'll get the cleanout they need and they have the roster and coach to pull it off.

LittleWayne

Juniors
1. Gold coast
2. NZW
3. Roosters
4. West's
5. Newcastle
6. Penrith
7. NQC
8. Sharks
9. South's
10. Eels
11. St George
12. Canberra
13. Bulldogs
14. Manly
15. Broncos
16. Storm

Mikehnz

Juniors
1. Raiders
2. Roosters
3. Sharks
4. Warriors
5. Tigers
6. Cowboys
7. Knights
8. Dragons
9. Bulldogs
10. Sea Eagles
11. Titans
12. Eels
16. Panthers
16. Broncos
16. Storm
16. Souths

flippikat

Bench
1 Rabbitohs - The wife supports them. Happy wife, happy me :)

2 Bulldogs - They showed some promise in the back-end of 2019, plus my son backs them, he's been following NRL for just a couple of years so about time he saw some success for his team.

3 Gold Coast - for the LOLs, I guess.. plus some Titans success would certainly prime the competition for a good 3-team South-East Qld rivalry when Brisbane 2 come in

4 Tigers - I kinda have a soft spot for them, would be cool to see them not only make the finals but have some sustained success. Bigger crowds may also spur them to play more games at Bankwest too.

5 Parra - sleeping giants as far as Sydney goes. Nice for their long-suffering fans see a few consistent years.

6 Newcastle - much like Parra.. a fanbase that I'd like to see getting some back-to-back decent seasons.

7 Canberra - I like the way they play, I like their 'outsider' mentality.. I just hope they don't fade too much next year after coming so close to a title.

8 Broncos - love them or hate them, Brisbane in the 8 is commercially valuable for the game.

9 Warriors - aaaaand to be fair, this probably will happen (am I right, fellow Warriors fans?)

10 Cowboys - to be honest, it's not that I want them to miss the 8, just that there were other teams I prefer in there.

11 - Dragons. Much like the Cowboys. More teams I want success for above them.

12/13/14 Manly, Panthers, Sharks (in no particular order) - would be interesting to see these teams based in suburban grounds *just* miss the finals for a few years in a row. You may accuse me of pushing an agenda here, but a period of off-field failure may spur some creative thinking about how to broaden their reach beyond their suburban enclaves.

15 Storm - Just damn well SINK already. And don't trouble the 8 for at least 3 years. Oh and take that wrestling rubbish with you.

16 Roosters (and stay there - see team #1 for why)

Lambretta

First Grade
1 Rabbitohs - The wife supports them. Happy wife, happy me :)

2 Bulldogs - They showed some promise in the back-end of 2019, plus my son backs them, he's been following NRL for just a couple of years so about time he saw some success for his team.

3 Gold Coast - for the LOLs, I guess.. plus some Titans success would certainly prime the competition for a good 3-team South-East Qld rivalry when Brisbane 2 come in

4 Tigers - I kinda have a soft spot for them, would be cool to see them not only make the finals but have some sustained success. Bigger crowds may also spur them to play more games at Bankwest too.

5 Parra - sleeping giants as far as Sydney goes. Nice for their long-suffering fans see a few consistent years.

6 Newcastle - much like Parra.. a fanbase that I'd like to see getting some back-to-back decent seasons.

7 Canberra - I like the way they play, I like their 'outsider' mentality.. I just hope they don't fade too much next year after coming so close to a title.

8 Broncos - love them or hate them, Brisbane in the 8 is commercially valuable for the game.

9 Warriors - aaaaand to be fair, this probably will happen (am I right, fellow Warriors fans?)

10 Cowboys - to be honest, it's not that I want them to miss the 8, just that there were other teams I prefer in there.

11 - Dragons. Much like the Cowboys. More teams I want success for above them.

12/13/14 Manly, Panthers, Sharks (in no particular order) - would be interesting to see these teams based in suburban grounds *just* miss the finals for a few years in a row. You may accuse me of pushing an agenda here, but a period of off-field failure may spur some creative thinking about how to broaden their reach beyond their suburban enclaves.

15 Storm - Just damn well SINK already. And don't trouble the 8 for at least 3 years. Oh and take that wrestling rubbish with you.

16 Roosters (and stay there - see team #1 for why)

Great list, except your 1 and 16 obviously :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Mainly picked under dogs and crowd potentials

1.Warriors
2. Knights
3. Tigers
4. Cowboys
5. Eels
6. Souths
7. Raiders
8. Titans