What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

The unknown

Juniors
We played our best football when Farah was out last year. Then in a game where the week was all about him (just how he likes it), with a spot in the 8 on the line, he plays with a broken leg and we get smashed. Love the bloke but we'll be better without him next year

Marsters was fat and lazy.

macnaz

Staff member
Who leaked details of what car he drives? Who is saying stuff to scum like Weidler in order to drive down his market value?

You're delusional if you don't think the Roosters are using the media to wage a PR war against him.
Add every journalist/former players pushing him to stay with the Roosters.
I didnt notice them all screaming for Cronk to stay at the Storm or Tedesco to stay at the Tigers .

Latrell will spend one season at the Tigers then pull a Matto and want out.

Then in will come Papa Wayne, the only man in the world truly capable of getting the best out of Latrell, and so he'll be off to Souths.

And will end his career on a high note ala Inglis and Burgess

Vic Mackey

Referee
The same year the Roosters signed Teddy and Cronk we lost:

Aidan Guerra, Connor Watson, Kane Evans, Mitchell Pearce. 2/4 at the time were current representative players with Evans' name being thrown around for Origin at the time I believe.

The year after (This past season) we lost Matterson, Ferguson, Nikorima, FPN, Momorovski, Baptiste and O'Sullivan.

All we've really got in return for losing those 11 players (3 current rep players and a couple of future rep players) was Cronk, Tedesco (Who was only just becoming what he is now when the Roosters signed him), Angus Crichton and an ageing Brett Morris who signed for unders because he wanted to win a comp again.

We are now set to lose Latrell and have already lost Cronk for the 2020 season and we've only signed Flanagan. I'd say the Roosters will spend all of Cronk and Latrell's money on re-signing the likes of JWH, SST, Friend etc.

this arguement is always the worst

so youve lost 11 players and only signed 3? i must have missed how you only had a squad of 22 this year

The Roosters are on the same level salary cap wise but ahead on lifestyle. Why live in Canberra, Newcastle or Penrith when you can make good money at the Roosters, live in a nice apartment/house overlooking one of Australia's most famous beaches, play in a winning team, play under one of the best coaches in the league and get looked after by someone with over half a billion dollars in the bank that has a ton of third party agreement contacts to help you make even more money on top of your contract?

well its actually illegal for the club to arrange third party agreements, you wouldnt be saying the roosters are breaking the cap are you?

Lambretta

First Grade
Sooking over Baptiste? Don't think so.

I was listening to an old RL podcast the other week and a Raiders fan mentioned him specifically

I did laugh at the absurdity of the comment

I think it was a general "these Roosters sign everyone" comment that just had no credibility.

Maybe it was an attempt at comedy that went over my head

BadnMean

Juniors
Sooking over Baptiste? Don't think so.

Pretty sure every Raiders fan shrugged & acknowledged that he was a pretty good hooker, but no point us paying him FG squad money since the only way we could play him was to take minutes off Hodgo.

So we shrugged and wished him all the best.

Anyway.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I was listening to an old RL podcast the other week and a Raiders fan mentioned him specifically
TBH I thought he was wasted as a backup 9 at the Raiders and could easily have started for another team. I'm kind of surprised he didn't do that somewhere else after the 2016 season but was pretty indifferent to him leaving.

Lambretta

First Grade
TBH I thought he was wasted as a backup 9 at the Raiders and could easily have started for another team. I'm kind of surprised he didn't do that somewhere else after the 2016 season but was pretty indifferent to him leaving.

He came back to Oz from SL didn't he?
I think the guy was more miffed the Roosters got him as back up to Friend when you needed a back up to Hodgo

LittleWayne

Juniors
Latrell will spend one season at the Tigers then pull a Matto and want out.

Then in will come Papa Wayne, the only man in the world truly capable of getting the best out of Latrell, and so he'll be off to Souths.

But then he'll have to break a contract, why not sit at roosters for a season then asses it from there?

Latest posts