What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

denis preston

First Grade
This is all interesting.
I heard a small whisper up here in Brisbane on the weekend re Val Holmes potentially to the Dragons through Flanno.
I can’t remember what their relationship was like when he left the Sharks.
Something must be brewing though as the exit door is very busy and the potential for more to go is also large.
I rate Holmes as a great winger but personally I don’t think he is in that top bracket of class fullbacks.
BUT Holmes is the best option out there for our fullback considering what's available.Lomax is a out & out centre not a fullback or winger. If he starts the season on the wing it will show that Mcmumpet is still holding the reins.

slippery5

Juniors
This is all interesting.
I heard a small whisper up here in Brisbane on the weekend re Val Holmes potentially to the Dragons through Flanno.
Something must be brewing though as the exit door is very busy and the potential for more to go is also large.
I rate Holmes as a great winger but personally I don’t think he is in that top bracket of class fullbacks.
He is light years ahead of what we have had in the last 9yrs

slippery5

Juniors
I.Luke will be on the bench if not starting 13 IMO. I don't see him in reggies.
As a guess, Coach may rotate Luke and Mc Innes between both roles of Hooker and Lock.
Yes what a genius idea the coach is likely to think off, rest your hooker that covers most ground than any other position by throwing him into the back row, where he will be gasp & ill effective.

BLM01

First Grade
Why didn’t our idiot coach use Robson in the role which Luke is going to be doing or is he just a CC player
Cam should be our first grade hooker. End of Story
Robson has proved nothing yet re regular 1st grade. Yes he got not a lot of time with us to show his repetoire and Yes was never going to replace Cam but the hype re him and money he is now getting is hope and potential more than proven worth. I am happy we did not dislodge Cam for him.

BLM01

First Grade
This is all interesting.
Whisper in Cronulla circles is that Val Homes and Flannagan wont be sending XMAS cards to one another so forget about him coming to the Dragons because of Flanno...WONT HAPPEN
Flanno also thinks his best position is winger in lieu of fullback and I tend to agree..but Val wont accept that

Whisper in Cronulla circles is that Val Homes and Flannagan wont be sending XMAS cards to one another so forget about him coming to the Dragons because of Flanno...WONT HAPPEN
Flanno also thinks his best position is winger in lieu of fullback and I tend to agree..but Val wont accept that

Yes that makes sense re Holmes position and I agree with Flanno.
Interesting that the Cows are attempting to move Granville to Manly to make the play for both Holmes and Mitchell.
Holmes is a done deal for Cows as his wife moved back there a few weeks back.

BLM01

First Grade
Yes that makes sense re Holmes position and I agree with Flanno.
Interesting that the Cows are attempting to move Granville to Manly to make the play for both Holmes and Mitchell.
Holmes is a done deal for Cows as his wife moved back there a few weeks back.
You know not much gets said about the Cows and the salary cap. They have to be as flush with 3rd parties as the Roosters, broncs etc as they always can afford star studded players
They could have 4 x 1 mill players on their books. Morgan, Val, JT, Mitchell?...and they can always pay good $$$ to lure players. Some of their other forwards and backs are on good dosh. McLean, Hess, Cooper, O'Neill, Marsters, Drinkwater

Dragonsamy

Bench
You know not much gets said about the Cows and the salary cap. They have to be as flush with 3rd parties as the Roosters, broncs etc as they always can afford star studded players
They could have 4 x 1 mill players on their books. Morgan, Val, JT, Mitchell?...and they can always pay good $$$ to lure players. Some of their other forwards and backs are on good dosh. McLean, Hess, Cooper, O'Neill, Marsters, Drinkwater

Agree BLM01
But what I have been told, Val Holmes was in number 1 priority and now they have secured him that Mitchell will go to the tigers but the Cows will make a offer.
Mitchell wants the FB and so does Homles.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Agree BLM01
But what I have been told, Val Holmes was in number 1 priority and now they have secured him that Mitchell go to the tigers but the Cows will make a offer.
Mitchell want the FB and so does Homles.
Thats fine. That leaves only 3 x $1 mill players. Still like to know how they fit their Top 30 in. Dragons have 1 player at $1 mill. Go figure. Manly will have 3 also.

Dragonsamy

Bench
Thats fine. That leaves only 3 x $1 mill players. Still like to know how they fit their Top 30 in. Dragons have 1 player at $1 mill. Go figure. Manly will have 3 also.

It's all to do with Third parties .
It needs to be more open than it is.
The one town teams and teams with multi millionaire supporters will always have a huge advantage. IMO.
Re manly they have always been able to rought the system.
We are so far behind it's ridiculous

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Robson has proved nothing yet re regular 1st grade. Yes he got not a lot of time with us to show his repetoire and Yes was never going to replace Cam but the hype re him and money he is now getting is hope and potential more than proven worth. I am happy we did not dislodge Cam for him.
Many people on here were calling for Robson over McInnes, ridiculous McInnes is just hitting peak form. We are so wrapped up in youth we forget about the now.

Latest posts