What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

Eelementary

Post Whore
I realy like him. Low key and does his business unlike some of the show ponies around like Cam Newton.

I just don't think he can be relied on.

He has the 4th highest 4th quarter comebacks to his name, but when we need him to drive us home in big games, he invariably fails.

I'm not a fan at all.

I'd honestly rather Jameis Winston lol.

hindy111

Post Whore
I just don't think he can be relied on.

He has the 4th highest 4th quarter comebacks to his name, but when we need him to drive us home in big games, he invariably fails.

I'm not a fan at all.

I'd honestly rather Jameis Winston lol.

Guys like Winston in play offs could get HOT for a 5 or 6 weeks and go to another level. Like Joe Flacco. Win a bowl and then dissolve.
The problem is getting their side to the playoffs to begin with. They lack the consistency. Newton was another recently to do it. Obviously failing.

Carr is 28 now so a perfect age for a QB to go to the next level. It's a shame about 2016. The Raiders where looking good. AMD we saw how badly they turned once Carr wasnt behind centre.
Sure he is not a top 5 Qb. But he can win a bowl.
I just hope you guys dont slip against Jets. They are playing solid again. A showdown with Kansas would be a belter

jk13

First Grade
Might need some therapy over the next 3 weeks - GB, Baltimore and NO. Teams r stacking the box, hopefully jimmy can keep stepping up

Eelementary

Post Whore
Guys like Winston in play offs could get HOT for a 5 or 6 weeks and go to another level. Like Joe Flacco. Win a bowl and then dissolve.
The problem is getting their side to the playoffs to begin with. They lack the consistency. Newton was another recently to do it. Obviously failing.

Carr is 28 now so a perfect age for a QB to go to the next level. It's a shame about 2016. The Raiders where looking good. AMD we saw how badly they turned once Carr wasnt behind centre.
I just hope you guys dont slip against Jets. They are playing solid again. A showdown with Kansas would be a belter

We went to shit once Carr was injured, partially because our O-line was not always completely available (Gabe Jackson, and a few others, spent a lot of time on the sidelines).

I am confident - put Carr at San Francisco, and they'd struggle.

T.S Quint

Coach
Unless need a QB. So many busts.
Winston and Mariotta where so hyped. Truibsky looks a bust. Bortles another. Josh Rosen.....I reckon Baker may end up a bust also.

QBs are hard to gauge at the best of times. There are so few that are a certainty to be a top player when drafted. The years are littered with so many high QB picks that have turned out to be duds.
Problem is that it is such an essential position that teams need to keep drafting them in the hope they might turn out great.

Thing is there has been quite a few QBs that were drafted outside of the first round that have gone on to do very well, including some of the best of all time..Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Brett Favre, Joe Montana, Joe Theisman, Bart Starr, Johnny Unitis, Roger Staubach, more recently Russell Wilson.

Just an absolute crap shoot. Not everyone can be Peyton Manning.

T.S Quint

Coach
Might need some therapy over the next 3 weeks - GB, Baltimore and NO. Teams r stacking the box, hopefully jimmy can keep stepping up

Our running game has been pretty dismal the last couple of weeks. They are basically daring Jimmy to use his receivers. Sloppy hands have let us down on too many occasions so that needs to be addressed. Getting Kittle back will make a huge difference (although Dwelley has performed admirably in his absence).

Eelementary

Post Whore
QBs are hard to gauge at the best of times. There are so few that are a certainty to be a top player when drafted. The years are littered with so many high QB picks that have turned out to be duds.
Problem is that it is such an essential position that teams need to keep drafting them in the hope they might turn out great.

Thing is there has been quite a few QBs that were drafted outside of the first round that have gone on to do very well, including some of the best of all time..Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Brett Favre, Joe Montana, Joe Theisman, Bart Starr, Johnny Unitis, Roger Staubach, more recently Russell Wilson.

Just an absolute crap shoot. Not everyone can be Peyton Manning.

Mike Kat is the best young QB I've ever seen, and he is only 21. He has already won a Super Bowl, and...

Oh, shit - I just remembered that Mike Kat is my Career Mode Raiders QB in Madden 20, and therefore, not real...

Still - he is miles better than Carr :D

jk13

First Grade
Our running game has been pretty dismal the last couple of weeks. They are basically daring Jimmy to use his receivers. Sloppy hands have let us down on too many occasions so that needs to be addressed. Getting Kittle back will make a huge difference (although Dwelley has performed admirably in his absence).

Deeeeeeee-bo!!!!

jk13

First Grade
He’s getting better every game, it seems.
Got plenty of toughness about him.

Is Hurd expected back this year, or is he gone? Was looking forward to seeing what he can do.

I think Hurd is next year. Possibly bringing verret and street back off IR and you’re only allowed 2
Deebo could b anything, pettis needs to wake up

T.S Quint

Coach
What a beat down!
I was expecting a much closer game than that (would not have been surprised with a loss) but our defence just crushed them.
Rarely do you see Rodgers play that poorly. His o-line didn’t help him much today. Also a few drops by his receivers.

Bad luck Green Bay. Sorry @Twizzle.

Now on to Baltimore. This game really scares me. Playing away against a very mobile QB is going to be very hard. Once again would not be surprised with a loss.

T.S Quint

Coach
Saints got incredibly lucky. Panthers kicker missed a f**king chip shot FG! From there you just knew Brees was going to get it down the other end for the win.
Reminded me of the Niners loss to Seattle a few weeks ago.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I knew we would choke against the Jets.

This Raiders side is dreadful.

T.S Quint

Coach
Kansas doesn’t have a team, guys.
Semantics, I know, but it just seems weird when people refer to them as that.

strider

Post Whore
This made me laugh.
Sorry bro.
At least next year you’ll get a shiny new stadium in a new city. Not much trouble the players can get into in a place like Vegas I’m sure.
Are the Raiders moving to Vegas? ... omg Ballers is a documentary