What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano Leilua

possm

Coach
Our salary cap has been poorly managed given the constant reports that there is very little capacity even though our back 5 are considered by many as the worst in the competition.

Too much cap space taken up by Aitken, Lafai and our halves. These players will really have to step in 2020 or we are gone for all money. Aitken and Lafai need to be dropped to CC and made to fight for a first grade spot.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Our salary cap has been poorly managed given the constant reports that there is very little capacity even though our back 5 are considered by many as the worst in the competition.

Too much cap space taken up by Aitken, Lafai and our halves. These players will really have to step in 2020 or we are gone for all money. Aitken and Lafai need to be dropped to CC and made to fight for a first grade spot.
Who would you say is to blame for that mess?

True_Believer

Juniors
The Robson issue could have been avoided by selecting him and McInnes in a hooker rotation while at the same time using them in the backrow when required. If Millward moved to extend Robson with this sales pitch, I'm sure he would have stayed.

I can't fathom how you could believe that Millward can guarantee Robson a spot in the team when Mary is the one who selects the team. Also, and I'll say this again, we can't guarantee him a starting sport WHICH is what he apparently wants. Not to mention a lucrative 4 year deal. Like you said, it might have not been so bad in a rotation, but that decision is not Millwards to make. As per usual, your dislike of Millward has blinded your very limited view of the situation.

getsmarty

Immortal
The Robson issue could have been avoided by selecting him and McInnes in a hooker rotation while at the same time using them in the backrow when required. If Millward moved to extend Robson with this sales pitch, I'm sure he would have stayed.

Wrong again...Robson was told he would get a spot in the starting lineup @ the beginning of the 2018 season...coach didn't follow through...

Robson wanted a spot in the starting lineup...Season 2018 - 19 McInnes wanted to be an 80 min player...Coach endorsed this...Plenty on here were calling for Robson to get a spot on the bench prior to this season..

Robson wanted to be a starting Hooker...So even when coach acted ( Far too late ) it made no difference because other clubs were offering Robson a starting spot and better money..

This lies directly at the feet of the coach...his inability to progress players through to the Top grade and also allegedly making certain promises and they do not come into fruition....same situation as 3 others...

Can't say any more....Sooner Coach is gone the better.

So nothing to do with Millward....

getsmarty

Immortal
I can't fathom how you could believe that Millward can guarantee Robson a spot in the team when Mary is the one who selects the team. Also, and I'll say this again, we can't guarantee him a starting sport WHICH is what he apparently wants. Not to mention a lucrative 4 year deal. Like you said, it might have not been so bad in a rotation, but that decision is not Millwards to make. As per usual, your dislike of Millward has blinded your very limited view of the situation.

Spot on....

Dragonsamy

Bench
Wrong again...Robson was told he would get a spot in the starting lineup @ the beginning of the 2018 season...coach didn't follow through...

Robson wanted a spot in the starting lineup...Season 2018 - 19 McInnes wanted to be an 80 min player...Coach endorsed this...Plenty on here were calling for Robson to get a spot on the bench prior to this season..

Robson wanted to be a starting Hooker...So even when coach acted ( Far too late ) it made no difference because other clubs were offering Robson a starting spot and better money..

This lies directly at the feet of the coach...his inability to progress players through to the Top grade and also allegedly making certain promises and they do not come into fruition....same situation as 3 others...

Nailed it.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Yes certainly agree crush , the young man will come along in leaps and bounds under the tutelage of Maguire . He is a hard taskmaster and will get Luc into real good shape , the pity is that he will more than likely rip the Dragons to pieces when we play the Tigers .

Yes-those last few games in 2019, particularly the one when he laid on a try with a kick, he showed his real potential. When Artie Beetson was dominating back in the 70s, he was nicknamed one half Artie but he was one of the first picked for rep matches because he was a match winner. It shouldn't be all about work rate.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

You'd have to consider the possibility that 2020 could be the wooden spoon for us- our backline has to be one of the worst in the competition- we have halves who are considered by many to be better suited to other positions (Hunt hooker and Norman full-back) , a hooker who will be playing back row replaced by another hooker who is probably past it. No settled full-back, no decent centres, a potential star in Lomax who may have 2021 and another club in mind, and only Saab who you could confidently say was a player likely to emerge to stay and be a standout in whatever position he gets.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Luc is contracted for us next year. He may stay and move to his new club in 2021. Im okay with that unless there is a better option with immediate benefit.
I’d rather him go and us get Capewell. Or let him go and get a back. It’s a lose lose, if he goes crap then that needs no words and if he goes awesome it would just be torture seeing what we are missing.

nontime111

Juniors
Luch is our gun weapon in the forwards off the bench to me....he cannot be let go until he gets at least a whole season in the team to show us, I think hes got more ceiling for improvement than anyone, up there with Kerr and Ford, besides I LOVE watching him play as hes so different exciting raw and total genius at getting balls away he should be our main attacking weapon in the forwards with the little fast backs ( dufty, sailor, lomax etc) hanging off him for offloads who cannot see this??!

NRLMad

Juniors
Luch is our gun weapon in the forwards off the bench to me....he cannot be let go until he gets at least a whole season in the team to show us, I think hes got more ceiling for improvement than anyone, up there with Kerr and Ford, besides I LOVE watching him play as hes so different exciting raw and total genius at getting balls away he should be our main attacking weapon in the forwards with the little fast backs ( dufty, sailor, lomax etc) hanging off him for offloads who cannot see this??!
He is lazy as f in defence - he needs to
Improve to be considered an allround player. He also tends to go missing.

Crush

Coach
Agree Capewell would be a smart buy.
Awasome utility and a class above our previous utility Kurt Mann.
I agree Capewell could play the utility role but I'd be starting him in the centres ahead of Lafai. He's a million times more potent than Lafai.
Lomax on the other side.
I might actually be half enthused about watching footy again if we had Capewell and Lomax as our centres.

NRLMad

Juniors
I know and dont care, hes a wildcard every team needs one, and hes our only one
Main issue is the Coach, we play a predictable rubbish safety first game, no one else is responsible. Graham used to offload a lot more. Now he runs to the line every time and gets tackled. Most of our plays are soooo predictable, no chip kicks no early kicks nothing

Crush

Coach
Main issue is the Coach, we play a predictable rubbish safety first game, no one else is responsible. Graham used to offload a lot more. Now he runs to the line every time and gets tackled. Most of our plays are soooo predictable, no chip kicks no early kicks nothing
This is 100% correct. Not only are we losing games but we are doing it without playing any football.
Even when we are 20 points behind and need to chase points we play 4 hit ups and kick for field position as if we were leading the game by 20 points.
They got nufin.

Latest posts