What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

mxlegend99

Referee
Had the same deal with my ex-wife - We had a girl (she's 15 now) but as soon as she was old enough to make a decision, she followed Daddy :)
My ex was Dragons. Our kids were Panthers no matter what and she ended up a Panther too.

My boys will be 6 and 7 next month. Probably had about 8 or so jerseys between them. I cant let them go without a jersey that fits them.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I'm in a one team household. Not sure how some of you guys manage it.
For me, it's not too bad. Unless our teams are playing (Panthers and Raiders) we generally go for each others teams. The downside is when we do play (especially if Raiders lose), it can get a little heated at times lol. Also, given the boys are my step-kids, they had allegiance to the Raiders before I came along so I was never going to shoehorn the Panthers in there. The girls however, well they have my DNA so they were destined to be Panthers fans :)

OldPanther

Coach
For me, it's not too bad. Unless our teams are playing (Panthers and Raiders) we generally go for each others teams. The downside is when we do play (especially if Raiders lose), it can get a little heated at times lol. Also, given the boys are my step-kids, they had allegiance to the Raiders before I came along so I was never going to shoehorn the Panthers in there. The girls however, well they have my DNA so they were destined to be Panthers fans :)

Hey another step-dad! How did the step kicks and biological ones get along?

Bob

Juniors
The girls have your DNA, the boys are step kids, does this make you Carol Brady?
:thinking:

Crashtest

Juniors
Great to see that Burton, Leniu and Martin have been selected by Fittler in the Emerging Blues squad for this months training camp. The other players Fittler has selected in the ermerging squad have all played a lot more first grade than Burton ane Leniu, so he must think highly of them to select them already.

Cleary is the only Panther selected in the main squad. I’m surprised that Koroisau wasn’t selected. Unless he is on the injured squad at Penrith?

State squads
NSW BLUES: Payne Haas, Kotoni Staggs (Brisbane), Jack Wighton, Nick Cotric (Canberra), Wade Graham (Cronulla), Cameron McInnes (Dragons), Curtis Sironen (Manly), Tom Trbojevic, Jake Trbojevic (Manly), Josh Addo-Carr, Dale Finucane (Melbourne), David Klemmer, Mitchell Pearce, Daniel Saifiti (Newcastle), Nathan Brown, Blake Ferguson, Clint Gutherson, Ryan Matterson Mitchell Moses (Parramatta), Nathan Cleary (Penrith), Boyd Cordner, Angus Crichton, Luke Keary, Latrell Mitchell, Victor Radley, James Tedesco (Roosters), Damien Cook, Cameron Murray, James Roberts, Cody Walker (Souths), Tyson Frizell, Tariq Sims, Paul Vaughan (St George Illawarra), Luke Brooks (Wests Tigers).

EMERGING BLUES: Emre Guler (Canberra), Bronson Xerri (Cronulla), Reuben Garrick, Jack Gosiewski (Manly), Ryan Papenhuyzen, Curtis Scott (Melbourne), Matt Burton, Spencer Leniu, Liam Martin (Penrith), Nat Butcher, Kyle Flanagan, Sam Verrills (Roosters), Campbell Graham, Liam Knight (Souths).

betcats

Referee
Great to see that Burton, Leniu and Martin have been selected by Fittler in the Emerging Blues squad for this months training camp. The other players Fittler has selected in the ermerging squad have all played a lot more first grade than Burton ane Leniu, so he must think highly of them to select them already.

Cleary is the only Panther selected in the main squad. I’m surprised that Koroisau wasn’t selected. Unless he is on the injured squad at Penrith?

State squads
NSW BLUES: Payne Haas, Kotoni Staggs (Brisbane), Jack Wighton, Nick Cotric (Canberra), Wade Graham (Cronulla), Cameron McInnes (Dragons), Curtis Sironen (Manly), Tom Trbojevic, Jake Trbojevic (Manly), Josh Addo-Carr, Dale Finucane (Melbourne), David Klemmer, Mitchell Pearce, Daniel Saifiti (Newcastle), Nathan Brown, Blake Ferguson, Clint Gutherson, Ryan Matterson Mitchell Moses (Parramatta), Nathan Cleary (Penrith), Boyd Cordner, Angus Crichton, Luke Keary, Latrell Mitchell, Victor Radley, James Tedesco (Roosters), Damien Cook, Cameron Murray, James Roberts, Cody Walker (Souths), Tyson Frizell, Tariq Sims, Paul Vaughan (St George Illawarra), Luke Brooks (Wests Tigers).

EMERGING BLUES: Emre Guler (Canberra), Bronson Xerri (Cronulla), Reuben Garrick, Jack Gosiewski (Manly), Ryan Papenhuyzen, Curtis Scott (Melbourne), Matt Burton, Spencer Leniu, Liam Martin (Penrith), Nat Butcher, Kyle Flanagan, Sam Verrills (Roosters), Campbell Graham, Liam Knight (Souths).

Anyone Paying attention to our lower grades last year would’ve noticed Burton early on like a few of us here did, being from the country he was a bit of an unknown prior to that but he had some very impressive games and highlights last year before his nrl debut, then that debut was as classy as you’ll see from a half.

Leniu has been in the blues system for a while his potential would be well known.

franklin2323

Immortal
Anyone Paying attention to our lower grades last year would’ve noticed Burton early on like a few of us here did, being from the country he was a bit of an unknown prior to that but he had some very impressive games and highlights last year before his nrl debut, then that debut was as classy as you’ll see from a half.

Leniu has been in the blues system for a while his potential would be well known.

Burton was man of the match in the u20’s Origin then was solid on NRL debut. That alone would get him noticed

Kilkenny

Coach
I think it is a positive thing to have our younger up and comers selected in the emerging squads as it opposes them to outside coaching and experiences they would not necessarily get at club level so that it obviously a good thing.

Latest posts