What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

callmack1

Staff member
Live play simulator could give new insights for coach and fans: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/11/20/live-play-simulator-could-give-new-insights-for-coach-and-fans/

Also, from Sporting News,

Souths players welcome potential Semi Radradra recruitment

As South Sydney captain-in-waiting Damien Cook noted with a laugh, the Rabbitohs have been linked with just about every available player since news of Sam Burgess’s retirement broke.

With a decision expected soon on whether the NRL will allow the Bunnies to medically retire the Englishman and free up serious cash under the salary cap, a host of names have been thrown up as potential targets.

Former Eels sensation Semi Radradra tops that list.

A third party, acting on Radradra’s behalf, has held informal talks with the Bunnies and the interest from both camps is genuine.

The powerful Fijian has been playing rugby in France for the past two years but is keen to re-settle in Australia.

Senior South Sydney players are watching developments with interest.

“Apparently Souths are looking at every player (according to rumours) but first we’ve got to sort out what the go is with Sam (Burgess),” Cook told Sporting News.

“But Semi Radradra is a quality player and he did a great job when he was in the NRL.

“He’d be a great asset to most clubs.

“Who knows (what will happen)? We will see how it plays out.”

Backrower Cameron Murray is excited about the prospect of such a phenomenal talent returning to the game.

“I haven’t been following Semi’s (rugby) career too closely but obviously what he did in the NRL was incredible,” he said.

“He is one of those freak athletes who gets the job done on the wing.

“He’d be a great asset to any NRL side and the NRL as a whole.

“It would be great to have him back in the NRL playing as well as he was.”

When it was suggested he’d rather play with Radradra than against him, Murray replied: “Exactly. There are a few people in the NRL like that and he is one of them.”

The Bunnies have told Radradra’s camp they will be back in touch once the NRL has made a call on Burgess.

callmack1

Staff member
I don’t know if it’s already been said but Arrow has agreed to terms. Don’t want to jinx it but great work by the club. Lock up Addo-Carr and we’re looking really good for 2020.
That is just a rumour at the moment though isn't it? Outstanding news if true!!

As always, I'll believe it when I see it though.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Live play simulator could give new insights for coach and fans: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/11/20/live-play-simulator-could-give-new-insights-for-coach-and-fans/

Also, from Sporting News,

Souths players welcome potential Semi Radradra recruitment

As South Sydney captain-in-waiting Damien Cook noted with a laugh, the Rabbitohs have been linked with just about every available player since news of Sam Burgess’s retirement broke.

With a decision expected soon on whether the NRL will allow the Bunnies to medically retire the Englishman and free up serious cash under the salary cap, a host of names have been thrown up as potential targets.

Former Eels sensation Semi Radradra tops that list.

A third party, acting on Radradra’s behalf, has held informal talks with the Bunnies and the interest from both camps is genuine.

The powerful Fijian has been playing rugby in France for the past two years but is keen to re-settle in Australia.

Senior South Sydney players are watching developments with interest.

“Apparently Souths are looking at every player (according to rumours) but first we’ve got to sort out what the go is with Sam (Burgess),” Cook told Sporting News.

“But Semi Radradra is a quality player and he did a great job when he was in the NRL.

“He’d be a great asset to most clubs.

“Who knows (what will happen)? We will see how it plays out.”

Backrower Cameron Murray is excited about the prospect of such a phenomenal talent returning to the game.

“I haven’t been following Semi’s (rugby) career too closely but obviously what he did in the NRL was incredible,” he said.

“He is one of those freak athletes who gets the job done on the wing.

“He’d be a great asset to any NRL side and the NRL as a whole.

“It would be great to have him back in the NRL playing as well as he was.”

When it was suggested he’d rather play with Radradra than against him, Murray replied: “Exactly. There are a few people in the NRL like that and he is one of them.”

The Bunnies have told Radradra’s camp they will be back in touch once the NRL has made a call on Burgess.
Yes, I saw that Martin Heppel
I don’t know if it’s already been said but Arrow has agreed to terms. Don’t want to jinx it but great work by the club. Lock up Addo-Carr and we’re looking really good for 2020.
And semi

Travitoh

First Grade

Fantastic if true. It's been a while since Souths have made a signing of Arrow's quality.
Not only is he a rep standard middle forward but also a great leader. Ticks all the right boxes!

If he joins for 2020 then that rounds out the 30 man squad until the NRL decides on Sam's retirement.

handyman2190

Bench
But then again, apparently Souths are interested in Superman, John Wayne and Buzz Aldren too. Best we wait until the cap is released and we can get active in market.
I think we must be talking organising and maybe getting letters of intent signed, until our cap is confirmed, my estimate says we would have close to 3 mill to spend

Travitoh

First Grade
I hear he is sick of overseas and wants to return,he would also know the limit in caps for wingers,hes had 2 years of 1mills so he is probably happy with half that

I find it hard to believe Semi would leave the riches of rugby union after a strong world cup to return to rugby league for less.
If a club can lure him back to the NRL it'll be at the detriment of their salary cap imo.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
I find it hard to believe Semi would leave the riches of rugby union after a strong world cup to return to rugby league for less.
If a club can lure him back to the NRL it'll be at the detriment of their salary cap imo.
True. But also if your stuck in a country you don't like, you'd return to favourable pastures for less money. Or at least I would.

Travitoh

First Grade
True. But also if your stuck in a country you don't like, you'd return to favourable pastures for less money. Or at least I would.

If it's only the country that is the problem and not the game then Super Rugby is a very real option for similar if not more money

This Radradra business is a load of garbage. No way he comes back to league for half of what he'd earn in Union.

Even a basket case like Super 14 rugby would find a way to pay him more than a league team could.

If he wants to come back to this part of the world, it'll be in a Super Rugby franchise or perhaps playing in Japan. No way he comes back to NRL for $500k a year.

250excf

Juniors
Got to love the off season:joy:
So much shit dribbles out of people’s mouths it’s hilarious the problem is nearly all of it is just that ..... shit :joy::joy::joy:
Fafita
Arrow
Pangai
Mitchell
Radradra
Jesus
Noah
:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

handyman2190

Bench
Got to love the off season:joy:
So much shit dribbles out of people’s mouths it’s hilarious the problem is nearly all of it is just that ..... shit :joy::joy::joy:
Fafita
Arrow
Pangai
Mitchell
Radradra
Jesus
Noah
:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Have some compassion we are hungry rabbitoh souls in need, frustration and yearning has taken over our meagre existence, we need SOMETHING !!
So we fantasize in hope

Latest posts