What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I wouldn't say I dislike IC, I just don't think he was the right man for the job & I think the club making that decision, in addition to sacking a coach based on underachieving only to hire a coach who doesn't think the squad is good enough anyway, has essentially made the last 5 years redundant. I'd like to be wrong but so far it doesn't look that way.

Man-management for the most part seems to be one of IC's strengths. He seems well liked by the great majority of players, hence why the Tigers players were so distraught. But it's more about our club being in a position where we need to take a bit of a punt. Maybe the added responsibility of being the marquee player in our club gets him to rise to the occasion? In saying that, even a half-arsed Mitchell improves our side considerably & the commercial aspect of it would be very good for the club as well.

If I was offered Mitchell for $900k a season for 3 years, I'd take their hand off.

The Cleary thing I won't get into - I'm aware of most fans opinion on this matter, I'm a bit of fence sitter in that regard.

This is what I mean when I say IC isn't the hard nosed coach Latrell needs, imo. Sure he could come good here. Maybe you're right, and the change is what he needed, but what I do disagree with is that "a half-arsed" player is better than we have. Now, let me explain that comment. By disagreeing with the above I am not saying we have more talented players at the club, because in raw talent terms, we really don't. What I do mean by that is, having a player not committing, and not putting 100% in at training or on the field, will have a bigger detrimental effect on the team as opposed to any benefit he would provide on the score board.

I mean would you like to be overlooked at your job for someone who's lazy and not committed, but has flashes of absolute brilliance on occasion? I'm sure our talented lower grade players wouldn't, and then you have an adverse effect on our ability to retain talented juniors (not saying this is the only downfall of the hypothetical signing, just one factor).

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
So when Latrel wants to miss a game next season to go back to taree you think Macguire will happily let him take the week off? lol come on mate. Latrell might toe the line or he might not that is the whole risk and if he doesn't toe the line I promise Macguire will not prove to be an advantage. Just cause madge wont take shit doesn't mean Latrell wont give it, do you think Robinson takes shit? Latrell still wont talk to fitler, he doesn't seem to take criticism overly well. If he gets put on blast in front of the whole team(something macguire will do) how does he respond?

I believe it will be a version of 90 day fiance.

OldPanther

Coach
So when Latrel wants to miss a game next season to go back to taree you think Macguire will happily let him take the week off? lol come on mate. Latrell might toe the line or he might not that is the whole risk and if he doesn't toe the line I promise Macguire will not prove to be an advantage. Just cause madge wont take shit doesn't mean Latrell wont give it, do you think Robinson takes shit? Latrell still wont talk to fitler, he doesn't seem to take criticism overly well. If he gets put on blast in front of the whole team(something macguire will do) how does he respond?

Robinson said the Roosters supported him going home that weekend though. It's the equivalent of me having time off this week.

I hadn't heard about the Fittler thing. Thats pretty poor from a player.

Coastal

Juniors
Aaannd... Coastal goes on ignore.
So you have basically banned me because I talk the truth?..I wont suck up to anyone bud, I have my right to say what I feel needs to be said about the club and where its heading. Anyone who degrades my mother..will get the full brunt from me.. Even to the stage where I will hunt you down and make your life unbearable..

Luke Bowden

First Grade
So you have basically banned me because I talk the truth?..I wont suck up to anyone bud, I have my right to say what I feel needs to be said about the club and where its heading. Anyone who degrades my mother..will get the full brunt from me.. Even to the stage where I will hunt you down and make your life unbearable..

If you didn’t carry on so much people would probably listen.
I agree with a bit of what you say, but the rest of your rubbish cancels out anything worth listening too.

So either calm down or continue being treated like a troll.

Up to you bro. Either way. Go Panthers

franklin2323

Immortal
If you didn’t carry on so much people would probably listen.
I agree with a bit of what you say, but the rest of your rubbish cancels out anything worth listening too.

So either calm down or continue being treated like a troll.

Up to you bro. Either way. Go Panthers

plenty on here don’t agree but they have figures or atleast offer as too why x person is wrong. The troll does none of that

MugaB

Coach
plenty on here don’t agree but they have figures or atleast offer as too why x person is wrong. The troll does none of that
"The Truth" is just another persons opinion, and opinions are like arzeholes, everyones got one! Better to just to state your opinion, and walk away, than try to defend it repentantly and repeatedly, or justify its worth, getting upset and throwing insults at strangers, will make anyone look like the deranged, disillusioned homeless bum on the train that no one wants to engage with

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
"The Truth" is just another persons opinion, and opinions are like arzeholes, everyones got one! Better to just to state your opinion, and walk away, than try to defend it repentantly and repeatedly, or justify its worth, getting upset and throwing insults at strangers, will make anyone look like the deranged, disillusioned homeless bum on the train that no one wants to engage with

Your right opinions are very individual. Noone has a mortage on that thing called 'truth'. Mostly we are giving uninformed opinions (which are based on a lot of variables) Demanding that others share your opinion is not going to get you anywhere.

Being put on ignore is something (I'm sure) we've all had happen to us. It allows a person breathing space. It's nothing to be upset about.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Not even a funny or interesting troll.

On trolls he hasn't been that bad and I always hate over moderated discussion but if we do need another mod in here I vote @martielang . Even when we don't agree and thats most of the time his arguments make sense and hes fair.

martielang

Bench
Where were you boys when I was running for primary school captain all those years ago? Could of used the support.

But nah I’m sweet just contributing opinions everyone disagrees with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts