What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Pre-Season

callmack1

Staff member
The start of the 2020 Pre-Season is not far away at all now so I thought it's be a good time to get this thread up and running once again!! I don't actually know the start date, does anyone else? I can't be far away.

Certainly going to be a very different Pre-Season without our three legends but I'm excited for it! It will be a big one for some players. It'll certainly be less disrupted than the last.

Pre-Season is so damn important, get it right and it can set you up for a great year.

Love this time of year!!

callmack1

Staff member
Now I don't 100% know this for sure but I'm lead to believe that it's that time. It's the first day of 2020 Pre-Season tomorrow!! So excited!

callmack1

Staff member
So I thought it all started today but maybe not. There has been nothing at all from the club so obviously we didn't start today. Surely it'll be sometime this week though.

callmack1

Staff member
The day has finally arrived!!! 2020 Pre-Season got underway today with the boys returning to training! Exciting times!!

callmack1

Staff member
From Sporting News,

Cody Walker's Blues career not over, says Brad Fittler

Most thought Cody Walker’s State of Origin career was over the moment he was left out of the NSW side for game two of the 2019 series.

Cody Walker probably thought Cody Walker’s career was over.

But one very important and influential person is not about to deliver a eulogy just yet.

NSW coach Brad Fittler made special mention of the South Sydney five-eighth when discussing the candidates to replace James Maloney at No.6 for the first game of the 2020 series.

Two-time grand final winner Luke Keary is the early favourite to partner Nathan Cleary at the scrumbase, but don’t go writing off Walker just yet.

Despite dragging the Rabbitohs playmaker from the field before throwing him back into the fray late in game one – and ignoring him for the rest of the series - Fittler has not lost faith.

In fact, the Blues coach believes Walker’s game one cameo was the inspiration behind NSW victories in games two and three.

“Luke Keary would have been in the side (for game one) if he didn’t get knocked out in Newcastle, but the role Cody played was really interesting,” Fittler said.

“If he doesn’t come on in that first game and do what he did and give us a chance to win, I don’t think we win this (series) out here (ANZ Stadium).

“He just seemed to give us a little bit of confidence.

“It will be interesting to see how Souths start and Newcastle start with Mitchell (Pearce) there.

“There are positions there. It makes it interesting. It gets them going.”

While certain players are a lock for selection in the series opener, barring injury or suspension, Fittler made it clear club form will again be the key indicator.

The Blues have the chance to seal a hat-trick of series for the first time in 15 years.

Freddy said: “Obviously we’ve got a great fullback (and) hooker and players that have been there for a while now, but there are still opportunities.

“We will pick players if we think they are the best player for the job.

“We like to keep them on their toes because it raises the level of their club footy.

“You have to be playing good – you don’t just fluke it (good form).

"You’ve just got to pick the best players in form.

"We are demanding they always play at a high standard."

Rabbits20

Immortal

Latest posts