What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Qualifiers

siv

First Grade
Agree if done right the Regionals 1 year before the RLWC would act as the qualifiers

Europe could run preliminary qualifiers mid year

Cross region repocharge should occur mid year just before RLWC

Arucard

Juniors
The USA need a good hard look at themselves and the direction they want to go. That crowd was embarrassingly poor. 30 odd........
From the days of having a few thousand in Florida to this. Things need a shake up there.

Glad we’re back in the World Cup though. It’s been a long wait.

langpark

First Grade
The USA need a good hard look at themselves and the direction they want to go. That crowd was embarrassingly poor. 30 odd........
From the days of having a few thousand in Florida to this. Things need a shake up there.

Glad we’re back in the World Cup though. It’s been a long wait.
Yes I too am shocked at that. I thought Jacksonville was the RL heartland of America, if there was one, but every time there is an international there, they always get this tiny crowd. What a shame.

adamkungl

Immortal
Imo USARL is putting too much of their slim resources into supporting a national comp which is unlikely to ever improve from its current state.

I'm not sure why Jacksonville is continually given events by the IRL, not once in the last few years have they put on a passable event.
Lighting issues, no fans, streaming issues

jim_57

Staff member
Imo USARL is putting too much of their slim resources into supporting a national comp which is unlikely to ever improve from its current state.

I'm not sure why Jacksonville is continually given events by the IRL, not once in the last few years have they put on a passable event.

I think they'd definitely be better off splitting it up in to regional/city comps. If the money is still there try and have short/sharp knockout tournament for the national champs.

adamkungl

Immortal
I think they'd definitely be better off splitting it up in to regional/city comps. If the money is still there try and have short/sharp knockout tournament for the national champs.

This was my idea too
I think the travel requirements likely send their costs through the roof, hobble their ability to recruit players and limit their season length.

To an extent they already do this (North and South), I think they need to go further.
However, I note that the North conference back in 2015-2016 was split into 2 divisions with more clubs than there are now.
So.. even with less travel teams were still unable to stay stable.

It's a difficult problem.

deluded pom?

Coach

From what I've heard the USARL's slim resources are funnelled towards the Hawks with the actual league seeing very little money.

Dakink

Bench
From what I've heard the USARL's slim resources are funnelled towards the Hawks with the actual league seeing very little money.

Wish the IRL had more money to invest in developing leagues. The US is a league that with a little financial support could go a long way. But the hard decision is which developing nation deserves financial support more than another.

MountainMan

Juniors
Rugby Union is progressing to far ahead of league now to catch up.
USARL should follow the MLR competition model.
The league season runs during the American ‘summer break’ ,which already makes potential players disinterested in spending their weekends traveling across states playing rugby league

Latest posts