What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Valentine Holmes off to the cowboys, the club should look at Scott Drinkwater again. Ball playing fullback, believe he has a kicking game too.

MugaB

Coach
With Valentine Holmes off to the cowboys, the club should look at Scott Drinkwater again. Ball playing fullback, believe he has a kicking game too.
He and Nathan Cleary played in the halves for aus schoolboys together, Nathan was 5/8th, Drinkwater was the halfback, and someone who can cover multiple positions, wouldn't be a bad signing if Tyrone isn't able to play

martielang

Bench
Drinkwater will just move into the halves you’d think. Where that leaves Clifford or Morgan, who knows.

Unless we can get an elite fullback - I’d put Mitchell in this category - I can’t see much of an upgrade on Edwards. He’ll be even better this year.

Drinkwater will just move into the halves you’d think. Where that leaves Clifford or Morgan, who knows.

Unless we can get an elite fullback - I’d put Mitchell in this category - I can’t see much of an upgrade on Edwards. He’ll be even better this year.

Morgan won’t be moved, on a massive deal.

If we could get Drinkwater he’s an upgrade on Edwards, has a more all round game.

betcats

Referee
Drinkwater is more of a ball player for sure but he has only played 11 games, runs for less metres and isn't a good defender. If he keeps improving he will be an upgrade but he might not be there yet. I don't think we want to be getting less experienced right now. Edwards is a better support player and runs for more metres and I think is better positioned. There is no need to go chasing Drinkwater IMO. Let Edwards have another year, we have good young fullbacks coming through, Drinkwater is just another good prospect there.

franklin2323

Immortal
Drinkwater is more of a ball player for sure but he has only played 11 games, runs for less metres and isn't a good defender. If he keeps improving he will be an upgrade but he might not be there yet. I don't think we want to be getting less experienced right now. Edwards is a better support player and runs for more metres and I think is better positioned. There is no need to go chasing Drinkwater IMO. Let Edwards have another year, we have good young fullbacks coming through, Drinkwater is just another good prospect there.

That is it. I wouldn't be quick to re-sign Edwards for 2021 yet. Drinkwater will still be available early next year so can re-assess after 5 rounds or so but plenty Edwards does is good enough

martielang

Bench
Morgan won’t be moved, on a massive deal.

If we could get Drinkwater he’s an upgrade on Edwards, has a more all round game.

Not sure on that. Small sample size & there was a lot of fanfare about him... he did look solid (if I remember correctly he seemed to make quite a few handling errors) but I didn't think he looked like an exceptional talent. Maybe he'll look better this year or in a better team, but I'd say the exact same Edwards.

betcats

Referee
Not sure on that. Small sample size & there was a lot of fanfare about him... he did look solid (if I remember correctly he seemed to make quite a few handling errors) but I didn't think he looked like an exceptional talent. Maybe he'll look better this year or in a better team, but I'd say the exact same Edwards.

Yeah he doesn't look like anything special to me, just a nice ball player who lacks in other areas.

betcats

Referee

Tyrone May has plead Guilty to the four charges.

Sentencing next year.

That sucks for him. Any idea what the sentence will be(prison or something else)?

Well that is a huge cautionary tale for any player who wants to pull their phone out during sex, all those girls had to do was say they didn't give consent and he had no defence against 8 charges.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
That sucks for him. Any idea what the sentence will be(prison or something else)?

Well that is a huge cautionary tale for any player who wants to pull their phone out during sex, all those girls had to do was say they didn't give consent and he had no defence against 8 charges.

I’d be shocked if he got any jail time.

suspended sentence at the most and something else on top probably.

He brings ball playing which I think we’ll desperately need, Edwards is quite one dimensional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts