What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Unless Sivo has in fact had his arm amputated as was posted on the Internet in the past say or 2 and Semi is slotting back in to his wing spot....
I never heard that rumour until I saw the official statement from the club. How funny that they had to come out and say he still has all his hands.

T.S Quint

Coach
What about Sivo? He may be suited to centre.
By memory Semi would play centre on some plays in 2017. He would also roam.
On Fergo he would potentially be up for an early move end of 2020 for a super league deal.

He signed with us because he didn’t want to leave his family and move to Newcastle. I doubt he would be up for a move to the other side of the world if a couple of hours drive is a problem for him.

84 Baby

Referee
images

When I really should have made it a joke about
images

Bob

Juniors
On the nrl.com website
Wests Tigers snare teen tyro Utoikamanu from Eels' grasp
The Wests Tigers have snuck under the guard of Parramatta to steal one of the hottest young talents in the game on a three-year deal.

The Tigers have secured the services of hulking prop Stefano Utoikamanu from 2021 with one of the largest contracts for a player yet to make his NRL debut, understood to be worth around $800,000.

Happy MEel

First Grade
On the nrl.com website
The Wests Tigers have snuck under the guard of Parramatta to steal one of the hottest young talents in the game on a three-year deal.

The Tigers have secured the services of hulking prop Stefano Utoikamanu from 2021 with one of the largest contracts for a player yet to make his NRL debut, understood to be worth around $800,000.
Shit eh. That sucks

Daniel Vella

Juniors
On the nrl.com website

f**k

Happy MEel

First Grade
I hope we play the merkin in 20s now. Let him spend a year playing against kids rather than develop him playing against men.

I’m sure his old man would love that.

chiefy1

Juniors
On the nrl.com website

That's a fkn bargain. Then we keep no hopers like Alvaro. Heaven help parra who's management made claims that we would be looking after Juniors.
3 years for Alvaro - go ba

Happy MEel

First Grade
On the surface of it, if true, it does seem like we didn’t value Stefano very well. If the 800k amount is accurate, he stands to earn $860,000 over the next 4 seasons ($60,000 from his development contract with us and the Tigers contract).

We could have offered him an upgrade for next year to $100,000, and then offered the following amounts for subsequent years and pretty much match the Tigers’ offer

2021 - $200,000
2022 - $250,000
2023 - $300,000

Even at the 2023 amount, it is likely to be a bargain for a 23 year old first grader (potentially a very good one).