What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

age.s

First Grade
nope which is why you get all convicted scumbags out of the game once found guilty

They don't even do that though.

It's all about spin and PR. If the issue is hot the player suffers. If the player is low profile and/or the hype around the incident has died down it's all sweet.

franklin2323

Immortal

It's all about spin and PR. If the issue is hot the player suffers. If the player is low profile and/or the hype around the incident has died down it's all sweet.

pretty much this. It is to save face not achieve anything of course an ex pollie came up with it

OldPanther

Coach

Except they agreed to such measures in the CBA so the players could get increased wages as being partners of the game.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Interestingly May’s profile has been removed from the Panthers website

Now that is fascinating.

This is pure speculation on my behalf....... The club expects May to be removed from the game till after the 2020 season which is when his contract runs out. Will the club re-sign him ?

Also Matt Burton is listed as one of the 30 in NRL squad.

OldPanther

Coach
He won’t just be a filler, he’s a starter.

If we’re going to sign a backrower I’d prefer just a depth guy.

I just assumed he was depth without thinking about it.

You think Lodge, Packer, Tetevano etc not being in the game wouldn’t help the PR?

All those were before the new attitude by the NRL. Morals and rules evolve over time. Being gay was illegal now they can marry.

Lodge also got a big campaign around being reformed particularly with fox going all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts