What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

chiefy1

Juniors
Take it as gospel. This Utokimanu decision was a swap deal to appease the Tigers into letting matto go. The Tigers certainly would have bargained with the eels and whichever other club that was interested.

This is undoubtedly correct and is the only plausible explanation.

In this case i will forgive the Eels as Matteson will prove to be a great signing.

We still have Hollis.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's a fkn bargain. Then we keep no hopers like Alvaro. Heaven help parra who's management made claims that we would be looking after Juniors.
3 years for Alvaro - go ba
Alvaro works heaps harder in defence than Utoikamanu, which is what you want from most of your middles.

Anyway, desperation money from shit clubs is always a danger of stealing your best youngsters. This is how other clubs felt about us a few years ago, especially Manly.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Take it as gospel. This Utokimanu decision was a swap deal to appease the Tigers into letting matto go. The Tigers certainly would have bargained with the eels and whichever other club that was interested.

In this case i will forgive the Eels as Matteson will prove to be a great signing.

We still have Hollis.
Why would it be a swap deal??? The Tigers let him negotiate. We just didn’t see him a big enough priority. Development club my arse.

emjaycee

Coach
I alluded to the fact weeks ago that there were issues in us keeping Stefano. He isnt Payne Haas despite what some people in his camp were berating the club about. Time will tell whether or not we made the right call, but i know we were wearing thin on him hence the reason he wasnt signed up earlier.

Besides as Chiefy has said Hollis is looking the lot better option at this stage of his development.

PS. The rest of what Chiefy said isnt necessarily gospel.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We just didn’t see him a big enough priority. Development club my arse.

Ah ok so let’s pay him $800k over 3 years .....he hasnt even played NRL yet.

Yep its not preferable to lose him but we don’t need to take those risks any more.

And we still have Kafusi / Hollis / Hughes as young talented forwards on NRL and or development contracts / trialling.

The key being a development club is to have a constant flow of juniors pushing for the top 30 squad each year and keep the ones in positions we need or that “special” player that occasionally comes along.

At this stage of our NRL squad development we already have some big middle forwards (Stefo role) in RGC and JP so we don’t need to be desperate.

So yeah it’s not what we want but it’s not the end of world ...

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
“The Eels also have no shortage of depth in the front row, with NSW under 18s Origin front-rower Dave Hollis on their roster, as well as Sam Hughes, who was picked but missed the game due to suspension.”

From above link

Delboy

First Grade

We still have Hollis.

It was nothing to do with the Matterson deal , the HOF and his retention consensus style is an issue , with contract offers being slow and low. Those in the development system are concerned at how they are viewed by the current HOF.

Stefano was low balled as he is a junior and like a few others that have gone to the Tigers, 6 now, it was much to do with being low balled and slow.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It was nothing to do with the Matterson deal , the HOF and his retention consensus style is an issue , with contract offers being slow and low. Those in the development system are concerned at how they are viewed by the current HOF.

Stefano was low balled as he is a junior and like a few others that have gone to the Tigers, 6 now, it was much to do with being low balled and slow.
You picked it like a dirty nose Del, don’t worry the usual crowd will find excuses you can cop losing a few juniors along the way but when you lose your top talent after claiming you are a development club it’s laughable.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

We also lowballed Junior Paulo, that worked well. And then bought him back 3 years later on huge money. Classic Parra.

Delboy

First Grade
We also lowballed Junior Paulo, that worked well. And then bought him back 3 years later on huge money. Classic Parra.
Junior was basically pushed out by the NRL and the fiasco that was our previous board. This is a different issue, would be nice if the HOF commented on the fact we have lost 7 junior players to the Tigers, his ex club as it happens.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Junior was basically pushed out by the NRL and the fiasco that was our previous board. This is a different issue, would be nice if the HOF commented on the fact we have lost 7 junior players to the Tigers, his ex club as it happens.
junior was offered shit money and Canberra swooped. Ricky knew how good he was and paid him overs. He had signed for 2017 before we let him go.

From the Wenty games I saw he wasn't that impressive. Has the size but doesn't put in. His stats are nothing to be proud of from memory. Maybe he just has a shit attitude. Surely we'll be letting him go for 2020?

We still have Hollis.
No not a swap deal. Parra low balled him on min wage. Tigers offered overs. More than 130,000 more.
Don't be surprised if he leaves before the season starts instead of 2021.

Latest posts