What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
That's a fkn bargain. Then we keep no hopers like Alvaro. Heaven help parra who's management made claims that we would be looking after Juniors.
3 years for Alvaro - go ba

He looks a better prospect then Kafusi. A man mountain but I will be honest I don't see any type of leadership to him. Both for that matter. I see two fairly lazy big units with potential. Plus 300k buys you a decent prop. If he kill it after his first year I am sure he will want an upgrade or chuck a Ryan Matterson.

I honestly care more about keeping spine players and talented edge forwards. The rest are kind of plug and play. They do not need to build combos that take time and years to develop. If a prop leaves you buy another one. You want tough aggressive forwards and I can tell you now Stefano and Kafusi are not aggressive. Just big and strong.

hindy111

Post Whore
It was nothing to do with the Matterson deal , the HOF and his retention consensus style is an issue , with contract offers being slow and low. Those in the development system are concerned at how they are viewed by the current HOF.

Stefano was low balled as he is a junior and like a few others that have gone to the Tigers, 6 now, it was much to do with being low balled and slow.

Where do you rate Hollis,Hughes,Stefano and Oregon as far as potential and who would hold onto out of the 4 in order.

Delboy

First Grade
In the meantime O’Neil has signed Blake, RCG, Matterson, re-signed Sivo, Gutho and Moses but suppose he did let some unproven juniors leave ........
That's his basic job 101 description, need to resign Dylan, Reed , Oregan and get Hollis and others to commit.

Blake, RCG and Matterson basically signalled they wanted to join, HOF is not an easy job, but expectations should be high.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
F**k him. This was not "under our radar". If we low balled him, it was because we didn't think he was worth more.

We extended Hughes whilst he was f**king about.

Nothing to do with politics, like some are desperate to propagate.
WTF does Politics have to do with anything??? Our HOF being asleep at the wheel looks more like it.

chiefy1

Juniors
It was nothing to do with the Matterson deal , the HOF and his retention consensus style is an issue , with contract offers being slow and low. Those in the development system are concerned at how they are viewed by the current HOF.

Stefano was low balled as he is a junior and like a few others that have gone to the Tigers, 6 now, it was much to do with being low balled and slow.

Fk you people are dumb.
Of course it was a swap deal. Why do you think they let Matterson go so easily.

The tigers could have easily made Matterson play on, and its happened before. There are plenty of players who've asked for a release but not granted.

Delboy

First Grade
Fk you people are dumb.
Of course it was a swap deal. Why do you think they let Matterson go so easily.

The tigers could have easily made Matterson play on, and its happened before. There are plenty of players who've asked for a release but not granted.
Like all on here, I can make dumb posts.

But you have now won the jackpot, Stefano was definitely not part of the Matterson signing. The info was from a more than reliable source.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Yeah because the Tigers would never pay overs for anyone ffs

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
F**k him. This was not "under our radar". If we low balled him, it was because we didn't think he was worth more.

We extended Hughes whilst he was f**king about.

Nothing to do with politics, like some are desperate to propagate.
Articles like this have the wrist slitters up in arms. Luckily Max won't hand the club back to them until he's got the constitution to the point where they can't do any harm.

hindy111

Post Whore
Not overpaying for non-performers is doing a good job. At this stage Utoikamanu is nothing more than a potential first grader.

Well firstly it's about balance.

In 2021 and 2022 we still will have Jnr and RCG on our books. Both on 500k+
Both are capable of origin level football. Both capable of 55mins. Neither is old or past their best football. They are in their peak. Our front row stock is fine for the next 3 season.

So we will need 2 bench Props in 2021. At this stage in 2021 and 2022 I would assume Oregon,Hollis and Hughes could potentially take these 2 spots. Someone else may pop up and come into the mix. We most likely will sign a few project players. And thats is we do not sign Evans,Terepo or Alvaro.

Stefano may become a superstar. But odds are he won't reach Jnr or RCG level. But if he did would you want 3 Props in your cap chewing over 1.5mill?

I reckon this is the conversation that may of taken place between Ones and BA.

Gronk

Staff member
WTF does Politics have to do with anything??? Our HOF being asleep at the wheel looks more like it.

The politics is spun by you merkins that prefer a story that he was "poached" while the HOF being "asleep at the wheel" rather than we did not see the value in paying overs for him. We made the call.

Common sense will tell you that BA etc offered him min wage knowing that it will make him look elsewhere. Indeed the Wtigers have entered Karl Filiga territory by offering huge cash for a rookie.