What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
I'd still like an opinion on the young Props Hollis, Hughes,Stefano and Oregon as far as clubs/BA opinion and also personal.
I do recall in 2018 som saying BA wanted to play Stefano but NRL would not let us.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The politics is spun by you merkins that prefer a story that he was "poached" while the HOF being "asleep at the wheel" rather than we did not see the value in paying overs for him. We made the call.

Common sense will tell you that BA etc offered him min wage knowing that it will make him look elsewhere. Indeed the Wtigers have entered Karl Filiga territory by offering huge cash for a rookie.
lol yeah ok, you be happy the development club just lost another promising junior. We couldn’t develop a turd from a well fed dogs arse.

Bazal

Post Whore
lol yeah ok, you be happy the development club just lost another promising junior. We couldn’t develop a turd from a well fed dogs arse.

Would you have paid him 130k extra than our offer as alleged earlier in the thread?

Good luck to the bloke. With the minimum wage where it is that has him around the 250k figure if true. Massive overs whether you want to admit it or not mate

84 Baby

Referee
I predict he’ll be allowed to leave before start of season, play against us, make one superstar run, do jack all for the rest of the season and the whiners will be in full force.

#nothappytobeprovenwrongbut.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
In the meantime O’Neil has signed Blake, RCG, Matterson, re-signed Sivo, Gutho and Moses but suppose he did let some unproven juniors leave ........
Yep. Being a development club is fine, but the top 17 should always be the priority, and ours is pretty good.

You can't keep them all but our top 30 currently includes a dozen blokes who played in our junior rep teams. Plenty of them are cheap backups like Utoikamanu should be, which allows us to spend big on the top 17 players we need.

84 Baby

Referee
I'd still like an opinion on the young Props Hollis, Hughes,Stefano and Oregon as far as clubs/BA opinion and also personal.
I do recall in 2018 som saying BA wanted to play Stefano but NRL would not let us.
Dude they’re all shit compared to Stifo

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Would you have paid him 130k extra than our offer as alleged earlier in the thread?

Good luck to the bloke. With the minimum wage where it is that has him around the 250k figure if true. Massive overs whether you want to admit it or not mate
I wouldn't be surprised if $250k was inside our top 17 contracts.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Would we of had to if we had of made him more of a priority??? We tried to lowball him and just expected a talented young player to take unders??? Other clubs have talent scouts for a reason.

We still haven’t signed Mahoney or Brown either. But nah it’s just politics lol.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Would we of had to if we had of made him more of a priority??? We tried to lowball him and just expected a talented young player to take unders??? Other clubs have talent scouts for a reason.

We still haven’t signed Mahoney or Brown either. But nah it’s just politics lol.
If Mahoney and Brown are the priority we need to be very careful matching stupid offers for players not even in the top 17.

If Utoikamanu wanted overs to stay we may as well wait until we actually need him, then we can pay him overs to come back. It would be no different to paying overs to keep him, with the exception that we're not stuck paying overs during those years he would've been in reserve grade.

84 Baby

Referee
Since when is another club offering triple us for an unproven player lowballing? I reckon Tigers have paid massive actual overs because I don’t reckon there were many clubs that would have offered more than what we did. Overs as in they could have probably got him cheaper

Bazal

Post Whore

Who knows. Fact is the Tigers have paid overs for him.

Would signing him have stopped that? Didn't we just get Matterson one year into a three year deal?

I never said anything about politics. I just think we've been trumped by a ridiculous offer that I'm glad we didn't match

Gronk

Staff member
I’m just so glad we were able to lock Davey,Gower and Stone before tiger merkins the Tigers swooped. Suck it tigers!!!

FMD it's good to have the old tin foiled hat Hiney back. Missed you merkin !

weirdalfoil_2322.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’m just so glad we were able to lock Davey,Gower and Stone before tiger merkins the Tigers swooped. Suck it tigers!!!
We need backups on minimum salary. Those three were happy to do it and Utoikamanu wasn't.

You know you have to have a top 30, right? You can't just spend all the cap on 25 players.

Gronk

Staff member
Who knows. Fact is the Tigers have paid overs for him.

Would signing him have stopped that? Didn't we just get Matterson one year into a three year deal?

I never said anything about politics. I just think we've been trumped by a ridiculous offer that I'm glad we didn't match

You'd think that Stefano Haas had already played rep footy the way that some are reacting.

Latest posts