What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
So Jennings unsigned and Semi rumoured to return to the NRL? How much would we have left assuming we bone Jennings?

Avenger

Immortal
I think we have enough forwards. Semi would be a great signing and the prick owes us for or the compassion we showed him when he used to take the piss and go to Fiji mid-week. Something tells me that there is a question mark over Fergo. I don't think he will complete his current deal with us which is why Semi would be a great pick up.

Happy MEel

First Grade
The good ones go straight up. Jnr did play around in NSW cup. Did Tepai?
The Vicious Fish?
The good ones hit NRL by 19/20 and don't see much NSW cup. How old are Hollis and Hughes? I am also thinking 2021 not the season coming.
That all depends how strong your top 17 is.

Happy MEel

First Grade
No no. Very wrong. He signed mid June. About rnd 12 -14. Started the season off bench and didn't hit his straps untill mid year. At that point I watched him closely. He began to get more and more minutes and MANLY most likely under rated him at the point we snagged him.
That’s not completely accurate either. He did start the season off the bench but had found his way to the starting side 6 times before we signed him.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I wish we kept him. And at 200k he was worth the risk. But the offer was closer to 300k. Bit much for a kid. I mean what did Matterson cost.550k AMD he was 18th man for NSW.
The Tigers’ offer averages out at $266k over the three years. With our ability to upgrade Stefano for 2020 (an advantage over the Tigers) I reckon we could have gotten his average salary down to about $220-$230k from 2021 - 2023

Bazal

Post Whore
The Tigers’ offer averages out at $266k over the three years. With our ability to upgrade Stefano for 2020 (an advantage over the Tigers) I reckon we could have gotten his average salary down to about $220-$230k from 2021 - 2023

Hell of a lot of money for a bloke who was consistently outplayed in NSW Cup by a combination of part time footy players, Tim Mannah and David "Methuselah" Gower.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a little upset we've lost him...but the Tigers have paid overs on potential.

And I'm f**king glad we're not in that position anymore. Well, for now

Happy MEel

First Grade
Hell of a lot of money for a bloke who was consistently outplayed in NSW Cup by a combination of part time footy players, Tim Mannah and David "Methuselah" Gower.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a little upset we've lost him...but the Tigers have paid overs on potential.

How much do you think Mannah was on this year? I’m willing to bet it was plenty more that $230k so he should have outplayed a 19year old on $60,000k. Both he and Gower also have plenty more experience and maturity, with Gower not even playing in the middle so difficult to compare.

I reckon $200k is an absolute bargain for a regular bench middle in the current salary cap. I would expect/hope that the coaching staff would be able to develop him over the next 12 months to get to that point.

Bazal

Post Whore
How much do you think Mannah was on this year? I’m willing to bet it was plenty more that $230k so he should have outplayed a 19year old on $60,000k. Both he and Gower also have plenty more experience and maturity, with Gower not even playing in the middle so difficult to compare.

I reckon $200k is an absolute bargain for a regular bench middle in the current salary cap. I would expect/hope that the coaching staff would be able to develop him over the next 12 months to get to that point.

He's just as likely to be another Pauli Pauli as he is a regular bench middle, though.

As a player, he needs development. Oregon is easily the more complete player and he was gash this year. I just think we're getting carried away a bit, Stefano had one or two great games in NSW Cup but on the whole he looked lost. He might be a very good player, but he might also never make the step up and be the Tyrell Fuimaono of lost Eels props....200k for potential is overs, simple.

And I rate the kid, FTR. But there's more to consider when it comes ti running a football club.

Noise

Coach
I’d like to see Stone attempt to fill that role. I admittedly have no idea of his passing ability but I do think his aggression suits and he’s not the biggest bloke getting around.
He’s built like a hooker but unfortunately has little to no passing game, no creativity and no kicking game. Will Smith is a better hooker and he is f**ken gash.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don’t. But $200k in 2021 isn’t a huge risk and there could be considerable reward.
But the Tigers haven't just offered a contract for 2021, they've supposedly offered three years. For a player yet to show much against grown men (admittedly he goes well for his age) and who reportedly has some negative influences at home, three years on top 17 money represents a substantial risk.

I think it says something about the young players we've lost that they've all been signed by weak clubs like the Tigers, Bulldogs and Titans. The only one poached by a smart club is Trey Mooney.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

No doubt the Tigers might get some value out of him (or they wouldn't have offered as much as they did) but there's a good chance they won't either.