What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a more overrated player than..

Sparkles 2001

Juniors
Surely Jarrod turnstiles Croker is up there.
He’s a brilliant kicker. If it wasn’t for his kicking he’d be struggling

Chimp

Bench
I'm gonna say Inglis. Had a couple of years at Storm where he was immense, and often lifted for QLD, but in his Souths days, I feel like he spent the vast majority of the time just going through the motions, with the odd moment of athletic brilliance.
Had all the physical prowess to dominate week after week, but just never did - partly due to his body not being able to keep it up, partly by being a tad lazy...
Gets spoken about as a potential future immortal, but IMO, he wasn't at his best, consistently, for long enough.

Someguy

First Grade
For me it’s Ponga but it may well be a case of too much hype too early in his career and his team expecting too much due to that hype. Physically he is brilliant but decision making on field let’s his team down.

overall as a player I rank him behind CNK and not even comparable to Tedesco or RTS yet many in the media have him top of the tree when it comes to fullbacks

AJB1102

First Grade
I think Ponga undone a lot of goodwill he had in the space of about 2.5 weeks. He absolutely phoned it in (wasn't alone) during a game that'd probably get Knights into finals, then acts a complete strawberry shake sipping twat when his coach goes and his management starts talk of him wanting stupid money like $1.5m.

Latest posts