What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Val is not happy

beave

Coach
As an NQ diehard, you lot have every right to be f**king filthy. His conduct during all of this has been disappointing, he’ll probably do the same shit to us in 3 years.

Sigh.

As an NQ diehard, you lot have every right to be f**king filthy. His conduct during all of this has been disappointing, he’ll probably do the same shit to us in 3 years.

Sigh.

3 years?

That’s a long time to keep Val and his management happy.

It’s all about the dollar with Val and his management (Orr Brothers).

Remember he thinks he’s done it all in Rugby League. Won a Premiership, won a SOO Series and represented Australia.

My bet is his management will be looking at a big money Rugby Union contract somewhere next.

Watch this space.

snout

First Grade

Sigh.
He will be very good for you guys.

Put him on the right wing.
Get Ben barba back and put him at fullback where he can link around, make the extra man, get it to Val so all he has to do is a swan dive.
Try.

However, if you play Val at fullback youre farked. His positioning isnt good enough. His defence is shit.
And he beats noone on his kick returns with his kamikaze runs.

Good luck.

Chimp

Juniors
Six years? Be lucky to see out three. Next shiny thing put in front of him and he'll be off on another gap year.
I'm not sure about that - ever since he broke into first grade, there's been talk of him wanting to 'go home' to NQ. The whole NFL thing was never a dream or chasing the coin, it was just an excuse to get outta here.
I think he'll have every intention of seeing out his contract up there, I'm just not sure the Cowboys will get bang for buck - I hope not anyway

AJB1102

First Grade
I'm not sure about that - ever since he broke into first grade, there's been talk of him wanting to 'go home' to NQ. The whole NFL thing was never a dream or chasing the coin, it was just an excuse to get outta here.
I think he'll have every intention of seeing out his contract up there, I'm just not sure the Cowboys will get bang for buck - I hope not anyway

I hear that a lot that it was just a ploy to escape the Sharkies but why? Surely it'd have been easier to just sign with Cows in November 2018 for 2020 onwards and either play 2019 with us or negotiate a release. That's what every other player does.

He earned less than $200k AUD in his NFL stint - surely at least half what he would've in 2019 with us. So not money. Would be so much easier sticking out a year here with a guaranteed spot than busting arse trying to impress an NFL side and hope one picks you up.

I think he had some safety net handshake with Cows if NFL failed but I'm pretty sure he was keen as f**k on it succeeding.

Just seems a very convoluted and elaborate way to get out of Sharkies.

I hear that a lot that it was just a ploy to escape the Sharkies but why? Surely it'd have been easier to just sign with Cows in November 2018 for 2020 onwards and either play 2019 with us or negotiate a release. That's what every other player does.

He earned less than $200k AUD in his NFL stint - surely at least half what he would've in 2019 with us. So not money. Would be so much easier sticking out a year here with a guaranteed spot than busting arse trying to impress an NFL side and hope one picks you up.

I think he had some safety net handshake with Cows if NFL failed but I'm pretty sure he was keen as f**k on it succeeding.

Just seems a very convoluted and elaborate way to get out of Sharkies.
His contract over there may have been that much but his endorsements from Nike and I think Telstra brought his earnings up significantly.
As for wanting to get out of his contract, maybe it was a Flange issue?

AJB1102

First Grade
His contract over there may have been that much but his endorsements from Nike and I think Telstra brought his earnings up significantly.
As for wanting to get out of his contract, maybe it was a Flange issue?

Considering he spent a week of his 2-3 week return to Australia in Cronulla showing up at training and in the coach's box for a game makes me think it could've been a Flanagan issue because nothing else had changed.

You're right endorsements would've boosted his pay. No way the Orr bros would've encouraged something that'd see their cut reduce.