What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I'd be buoyed by that decision.

.....PLEASE, notify your best recruiter that the Broncos are sending an Uber to pick them up right this moment to take them to the airport. Don't worry, that's paid for too. The club is looking forward to having a nice lunch with both your recruiter and Darius to discuss this.....mutually beneficial opportunity :)

MugaB

Coach
Surely he doesn't think he's going to get more than what the Tigers are offering? Lol
Anyone think penrith are keen on latteral still? Its weird that they have not signed another centre, 5/8th, or goalkicker yet, should nath get injured
Latrell fits this decription, maybe theyre worried about his off field character, where tigers or souths wouldn't care, especially since bennet is at souths

Vic Mackey

Referee
Anyone think penrith are keen on latteral still? Its weird that they have not signed another centre, 5/8th, or goalkicker yet, should nath get injured
Latrell fits this decription, maybe theyre worried about his off field character where tigers or souths wouldn't care, especially since bennet is at souths

Players stood down by the NRL integrity unit:

Tigers 0
Souths 0
Panthers 2

Yep your club really cares about off field character champ

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Players stood down by the NRL integrity unit:

Tigers 0
Souths 0
Panthers 2

Yep your club really cares about off field character champ

Actually it's 1 not 2 like you stated.

Now let's look at W/T. Lodge 2015 (busted and then sacked by W/T for rampage in NY

Tim Simona 2017 Betting scandals

Kyle Lovett 2017 drug possession

Taane Milne 2018 failed drug test

(Souce News.com feb 8th 2019)

Perhaps those who live in class houses shouldn't throw stones.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Actually it's 1 not 2 like you stated.

Now let's look at W/T. Lodge 2015 (busted and then sacked by W/T for rampage in NY

Tim Simona 2017 Betting scandals

Kyle Lovett 2017 drug possession

Taane Milne 2018 failed drug test

(Souce News.com feb 8th 2019)

Perhaps those who live in class houses shouldn't throw stones.

The stone wasn’t thrown by me my friend

Liam Coleman is a Panther is he not? So yes, 2

Matt Lodge has already been sacked by the Tigers prior to his NY rampage

As for the rest we’ll I hardly think a little nose beers is the same as sexual assault, then again I’m not from Penrith where perhaps it’s more acceptable

Last edited:

yobbo84

First Grade
Are any Tigers fans getting worried that Latrell is holding off intentionally and playing you, with the ultimate goal to sign with Souths once Sam Burgess' cap has been cleared off the cap?

That's the sneaking suspicion of a few Roosters fans.

Unfortunately for Latrell he won't get a release to the Bunnies, as hard as he might be trying, so will end up spending 2020 at Norths.
The only people I've heard this line of thought come from are Roosters supporters. However, if Latrell really was on then open market he'd have clubs lining up for him. The fact that only the Tigers have really shown genuine public interest makes me think that this whole thing stinks of him having already agreed to terms with someone and it's all just a show.

BadnMean

Juniors
The only people I've heard this line of thought come from are Roosters supporters. However, if Latrell really was on then open market he'd have clubs lining up for him. The fact that only the Tigers have really shown genuine public interest makes me think that this whole thing stinks of him having already agreed to terms with someone and it's all just a show.

Most clubs aren't interested in helping player managers start a bidding war- and most clubs don't have a million bucks a season unspent in their cap just now. There might be a few clubs at any one time who can swing that for one reason or another. And if one or two of those are looking for a forward or a halfback instead then Latrell just isn't that appealing.

Yeah I can't imagine a situation that has him staying at the roosters now.

Personally I think the hold up is that the roosters are refusing to pay a single cent of his wage next season if he does leave early and good on them.

And that is fair enough, despite my unwavering dislike for Easts.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Where are all the Gooster fans lamenting the loss of the best centre in the game? Not too long ago there were ridiculous overratings of the guy and it seems other clubs agree. It’s too big a risk for a club to drop anywhere near a mill on a player that is prone to underachieving in the majority of games and being easily put off by things away from football.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The stone wasn’t thrown by me my friend

Liam Coleman is a Panther is he not? So yes, 2

Matt Lodge has already been sacked by the Tigers prior to his NY rampage

As for the rest we’ll I hardly think a little nose beers is the same as sexual assault, then again I’m not from Penrith where perhaps it’s more acceptable

Oh goodness what a deflection. Lodge wow. Still a W/T player on 16th October, then sacked on 18th of October by club for NY incident. (Source News 8th Feb 2019)

I notice you quietly sidestepped the Tim Simona betting scandals too.

Still throwing stones I see. Ah well it's how the W/T faithful roll (i suppose)

My point is all clubs (from time to time) sadly seem to have issues like this. No club is imumune. Sadly.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Oh goodness what a deflection. Lodge wow. Still a W/T player on 16th October, then sacked on 18th of October by club for NY incident. (Source News 8th Feb 2019)

I notice you quietly sidestepped the Tim Simona betting scandals too.

Still throwing stones I see. Ah well it's how the W/T faithful roll (i suppose)

My point is all clubs (from time to time) sadly seem to have issues like this. No club is imumune. Sadly.

Like I said I didn’t throw the first stone. I then posted a fact to back up my rebuttal

And you are completely and utterly wrong, Lodge had been released by the club. I was at the end of season awards when we was farewelled weeks before NY occurred

Spot On

Coach

Lining up to pay a million or more for a centre who is at best - inconsistent.

You can't hide him in a side like the Tigers or Gold Coast as they don't have the quality of players to cover for him and the fans will be baying for blood should he not be in the top 2 or 3 for the team every week, all season long.

No returning to Taree/Old Bar for a week off here and there either.