What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
I do not have insider info but have heard we have had dialogue with Latrel Mitchell.

Rumours post so rumour posted.

Most interesting , it would be good to have a player of Mitchell’s ability and would certainly give the Dragons more scope in attack .

Perhaps they would give him the fullback role and move Duffy to the bench to come on as a fresh speedster towards the end of both half’s ?

But of course the big question is where will the money come from , hopefully Uncle Bruce has decided to give us an early Xmas present ?

BLM01

First Grade
I do not have insider info but have heard we have had dialogue with Latrel Mitchell.

Dialogue that goes something like this.
Mitchell...OK I am interested..who is your coach
Millward...Mary of course
Mitchell...ahh..no thanks
Millward...but we have 400K to spend and we need a centre. Dragons Footy...the history..the Red V...cmon Latrell who would not want to don the Red V
Mitchell...Nah..I may get back to you after I speak to "the Man"...I am worth about 1.1...have you guys not heard of Tedesco and his money and 3rd parties
Millward...no..I have not..he has not played for us before
Mitchell....shove your offer up your behind Basil Brush

SaintPauli

Juniors

If he stays at Roosters 1 more year, a Dragons deal i 2021 would be realistic with so many dud backs off contract! Maybe Jamie Soward can put in a good word as he left the roarters under similar controversial circumstances.

BLM01

First Grade
Any doubters re Flanno coming to the Dragons should listen to the 2ky podcast from around the 14 minute mark if you dont want to listen to the rest of the rehashed dribble.
George Dragon put the link up this morning on the "Paul McGregor Extension" thread..
It confirms Leilua will be going (indirectly) and how he is gutted and takes the credit of where his game is at now he has taken off.

41yearsaint

Juniors
Any doubters re Flanno coming to the Dragons should listen to the 2ky podcast from around the 14 minute mark if you dont want to listen to the rest of the rehashed dribble.
George Dragon put the link up this morning on the "Paul McGregor Extension" thread..
It confirms Leilua will be going (indirectly) and how he is gutted and takes the credit of where his game is at now he has taken off.
Brought up the old 85mins aswell. He has dead set ruined his playing career achievements. Sad really.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
From this mornings SMH.......... D Weidler

Suspension haunts Flanno
The delay in finalising Shane Flanagan’s deal with the Dragons has been frustrating for all parties.

There has been an issue with getting an insurance company to indemnify him. That stems from the reason he was suspended: for breaching the conditions of his previous ban.

The sooner Flanagan is signed up the better for the Dragons.

BLM01

First Grade

Suspension haunts Flanno
The delay in finalising Shane Flanagan’s deal with the Dragons has been frustrating for all parties.

There has been an issue with getting an insurance company to indemnify him. That stems from the reason he was suspended: for breaching the conditions of his previous ban.

Yeh right. It will be worked out around December 18 when his ban is OFFICIALLY lifted.
Thanks to the club insider that leaked that to Danny....or was it a PR smoke screen to show everything is above boardv immediately after Loz let the cat out of the bag and Mary hosing it down..saying..ohh its almost done..but then stating his job role...pfffttt
Anyway...If not I will indemnify him....actually... I'll go guarantor that he is, will be, will not listen to and would do a better job than McGregor.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade

Suspension haunts Flanno

Pounds to peanuts that it’s run by a relative of the maestro !

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I'm still getting over McGregor interviewing Flanagan and Flanagan keeping a straight face during it.

Flanagan will have the toughest gig in the nrl.
Fancy being interview by an idiot and not being able to tell that person likewise.
Obviously, the nrl have extracted the harshest penalty on Flannagan by having him as an understudy to and idiot.
Life can be so cruel so times.

Latest posts