What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

betcats

Referee
I can't see that happening.

Wonder how long before we announce Tyrones departure and Burtons promotion.

Probably but it just make so much sense to me. Naden looks built for the wing imo and Too strengths translate to centre and his only weakness(size) is much less of a weakness in the centres. He has great defensive reads from the wing which I think would translate to the centres.

maple_69

Bench
I’ve never thought about it before but can’t see why To’o wouldn’t make a great centre. Perhaps there’d be a learning curve but but he makes great reads in defence and is exceptionally allusive in some space. You’d just lose his spectacular finishing. Not sure on his passing either but it couldn’t be worse than Nadens.

The Realist

Juniors
We started that rumour. This forum talked about it being a good idea. Next thing you know the media are hearing talks he will move to the pack.

Anyone with 1/2 a brain knows that Sauce would never be a 2nd rower. He just doesn't have the size for it whatsoever.

OldPanther

Coach
If Jerome can have some big games with that hair he will become a media darling like Idris haha

Dad visited with the new baby (he lives in victoria) and we obviously talked football a lot. He believes Burton will take the 6 but Luai belongs in the roster somewhere.

betcats

Referee
Dad visited with the new baby (he lives in victoria) and we obviously talked football a lot. He believes Burton will take the 6 but Luai belongs in the roster somewhere.

I hope they are both on the roster. I still think Luai will get first crack, I get torn between what I want to happen and what is likely haha. Both are good options there, Burton will get a shot eventually through rep selection or injury. I think he’s good enough to be there in round one.

OldPanther

Coach
I hope they are both on the roster. I still think Luai will get first crack, I get torn between what I want to happen and what is likely haha. Both are good options there, Burton will get a shot eventually through rep selection or injury. I think he’s good enough to be there in round one.

That's how I feel about it.

Thing I think people are missing is we won’t keep Luai if he doesn’t get the 5/8 role.

Note I’m *not* saying that he should get the spot because of that, the spot should go to the best player. But Luai is easily good enough that another club will come knocking.

Crashtest

Juniors
If Jerome can have some big games with that hair he will become a media darling like Idris haha

There is an interview with him on SMH today. He mentions that Benji was his idol growing up and he based his game on him and tried to play like him.

That explains a lot about his playing style!

He seems to have a great attitude though, as he is living with his parents to help them pay off their mortgage before him and his partner and child move out on their own. Seems to be the polar opposite to someone like May.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/th...penrith-s-long-term-no-6-20191123-p53ded.html

betcats

Referee
Thing I think people are missing is we won’t keep Luai if he doesn’t get the 5/8 role.

Note I’m *not* saying that he should get the spot because of that, the spot should go to the best player. But Luai is easily good enough that another club will come knocking.

I think most can see he will leave. If Burton is good enough to push him out then so be it, one of them will end up leaving.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach

I think most can see he will leave. If Burton is good enough to push him out then do be it, one of them will end up leaving.

Both are spot on. We will hopefully keep the best and the other will get a deal elsewhere due to how good they are.

franklin2323

Immortal
@franklin2323 In that case Burton has to bide his time. No way he's ahead of Jerome after half a good game.in 1st grade.

Luai had his moments but aside from one game which was largely due to Kikau he hasn’t set the world on fire. Not his fault how he was used but still the case

Neither is a complete player I think we will really miss Maloney’s kicking to end sets. Luai will be good early in sets to do something different but I have doubts about his 5th tackle options. Burton the opposite

Which is why I would play both if it could be fit in. It would give creativity to the right side too