What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
But we're talking about centre, which requires defence first and foremost. Gennings' defensive issues won't be resolved at his age whereas Parry just needs a stronger upper body. He'll probably have one by March.

George can play centre. Played more game in centre for Wenty then wing.

strider

Post Whore
He's worth $800k+ as a winger. But if he gives all this money away to 'causes' then it's obviously still important to him. He'd be getting a lot less than $1.3M after tax and would therefore have less to give away.
Bunnies $s .... they are like Broncos $s, just fluffier

Soto

Bench
Whole hearted player. Good carry of the ball. Probably too many errors in his game to be a regular 1st grader. Like his aggressiveness but not sure can cut it defensively as a centre in 1st grade. Can do a job if needed but not a season long fill in

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The thing is he's never played centre in first grade (neither has Parry). He would've played centre at Wenty because he's a better defender than most other options. I believe Parry only played centre in reserve grade. Gennings has played both positions.

hindy111

Post Whore
The thing is he's never played centre in first grade (neither has Parry). He would've played centre at Wenty because he's a better defender than most other options. I believe Parry only played centre in reserve grade. Gennings has played both positions.

George looks superior to me that's all.

Spooner

Juniors
Lomax.....
How much do we have in the cap to spend? Canberra have been successful in recruiting Pommies so successful that they were a sniff away from wining the big prize.
They have also prized away Trey Mooney - a forward who won pretty much all representative honours he could.

hindy111

Post Whore
Jacob Loko was far more hyped then Stefano. So was T rex.
Plenty clubs have lost better players. Roosters just lost Latrel Mitchel. Storm lost Bill Slater and Cooper Cronk.

Yeah we may if lost 10 jnrs this year. I have no idea how this part works. All I can say is our best players don't seem to be our jnrs anyhow.

T.S Quint

Coach
Tony Williams achieved everything in the game. I don't know why merkins think they're entitled to rubbish his career. If there's a knock on him it's that he didn't reach 200 games, but 170 is still more than most ever achieve, plus he's still on an NRL contract for 2020.

I agree.
He’s not an example of a hyped player who turned out to be nothing. He’s more of an example of a top class player who had a massive fall from grace due to injuries and seemingly being massively overpaid.

hindy111

Post Whore
Tony Williams achieved everything in the game. I don't know why merkins think they're entitled to rubbish his career. If there's a knock on him it's that he didn't reach 200 games, but 170 is still more than most ever achieve, plus he's still on an NRL contract for 2020.

I should of said he had a short career. At his best he was the best 2nd rower in game. I think he had 2 or 3 good years in his 12yr career.

Avenger

Immortal
Others closer to the club will know better than me but wasn't there some tension with his old man and BA/coaching staff about him not getting a run in 1st grade early this year/ pre-season training? I know he got injured in the pre-season trial but there was talk prior to this happening...Something along those lines. I think this was further heightened when Stefano didnt get a run in 1st grade particularly with some players leaving kept getting selected.
Was he ready? Maybe not. I watched a fair bit of wenty play this year and he wasn't outstanding, didnt particularly dominate but he did have good carries and was providing a nice 1-2 hitup combo with Mannah. Held his own against seasoned players in the canterbury cup. Definitely worth 15-20 mins in a couple games in 1st grade.
Endurance didn't appear to be a problem with nice long stints..maybe attitude..
Good luck to the kid. Heaps of potential.
We wanted to keep him. Our offer was a little less per year than theirs but he decided to leave. He was highly rated.

Avenger

Immortal
Some other updates:

Matterson has a great attitude, professional and has made a huge impression with his leadership.

Jennings was on massive coin in his last year and is still contemplating our offer which is less than half of what he earned in the last year.

Semi will not return to us. We don't have enough in the cap.

There is an expectation that we will go very close next year.

Latest posts