What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valentine Holmes NFL career

beave

Coach
Good to see he had a fun gap year. Now off to the Cows as per the plan.

you lot should be filthy. And rightfully so. The way he has conducted himself through all this has been f**king woeful. He should have just played 2019 for the Sharks and then opted out for 2020 to come home. Bridges and reputations have been burnt.

I really hope NQ played zero part in his NFL bullshit.

taipan

Referee
I'm P*ssed off, the way he departed However saying that,I'd rather him playing in the NRL here, than Fumbleball or union.
No doubt a back door plan ,way back to go to the Cows.That's pro sport these days, we just have suck it up.

nick87

Coach
This thing bascially went exactly according to the script.

Wanted out of the Sharks, couldnt get a release, f**ked off to the NFL for a year, found out he wasnt good enough (and nor could he be after only a year of trying to change to a totally different code), now free to do as he pleases, signs with the club he intended to be with 12 months ago for fat stacks.

JokerEel

Coach
A Million a season for a Winger?! Thats what position he played his best at 3 years ago wasnt it?

AJB1102

First Grade
A Million a season for a Winger?! Thats what position he played his best at 3 years ago wasnt it?

100% it was. Outside Barba in 2016, on the end of the GOAT QLD team in Origin and pumping minnows in the RLWC again on the end of the GOAT QLD team albeit in Aussie jerseys.

I've been a Val fan from U20s but $800k-$1m for 6 years seems a big gamble. I would've been nervous if Cronulla did that before he'd spent a season in NFL.