What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

axl rose

Bench
Just a shitpost from the tele, but anyway. No I didnt leave out any of the article, theres literally no information/source from Creepy Crawley even linking him to the Titans.

https://tinyurl.com/r9awzg6

This is the decision that could make or break Latrell Mitchell’s career on and off the field: Would you bank your footballing future on the Wests Tigers or the NRL basket case that is the Gold Coast?

The Titans are now the Tigers’ greatest threat in the race for one of the NRL’s most naturally gifted yet enigmatic young stars.

The Tigers have tabled an offer for three years starting in 2021.

But that deal essentially runs for four years from next season providing Mitchell is granted an immediate release from the Sydney Roosters, as expected.

The Tigers’ offer is said to be in the ballpark of $1 million a season.

They also have a genuine belief their club can not only help take Mitchell’s football but his life off the field to the next level during that term.

Given Mitchell is now at the crossroads after being dumped from the NSW State of Origin team this year before the Sydney Roosters grew tired of his antics, the Tigers are convinced they could be as good for him as he could be for them.

Not only would Mitchell be guaranteed the chance to own the fullback position, but the Tigers’ standing within the Sydney community is viewed as a far more powerful proposition than the Titans to elevate Mitchell’s off-field profile.

While the Tigers are yet to put a deadline on negotiations, a final decision is expected this week.

There does remain a genuine concern from within the Tigers that South Sydney could still emerge as a shock late contender for Mitchell.

It is understood the Tigers have only had one face-to-face meeting with Mitchell where coach Michael Maguire, chief executive Justin Pascoe and general manager of football Adam Hartigan put forward their pitch.

The unknown

Juniors
Apparently spoonamatta are writing a formal complaint to the NRL after Poaching Utoikamanu, saying we did negotiations way before Nov 1st.

I'm sure they abided by the rules when they poached Matterson and Moses off us though

Crazyperpman

Juniors
If anyone wants to stop players talking to other clubs early or leaving while still under contract they need to take it up with Player Managers.

They are the ones that are running to clubs looking to see what they can get down the track. If Tigers discussed anything early it would have been on an approach from the player manager. Same situation with Moses (But who cares) and Matterson was free to talk so no issue there unless he was talking before free to do so.

Any club that wants to be competitive will listen to the managers for fear of missing out. In this case every other club does it is a valid defense.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Just a shitpost from the tele, but anyway. No I didnt leave out any of the article, theres literally no information/source from Creepy Crawley even linking him to the Titans.

https://tinyurl.com/r9awzg6

This is the decision that could make or break Latrell Mitchell’s career on and off the field: Would you bank your footballing future on the Wests Tigers or the NRL basket case that is the Gold Coast?

The Titans are now the Tigers’ greatest threat in the race for one of the NRL’s most naturally gifted yet enigmatic young stars.

The Tigers have tabled an offer for three years starting in 2021.

But that deal essentially runs for four years from next season providing Mitchell is granted an immediate release from the Sydney Roosters, as expected.

The Tigers’ offer is said to be in the ballpark of $1 million a season.

They also have a genuine belief their club can not only help take Mitchell’s football but his life off the field to the next level during that term.

Given Mitchell is now at the crossroads after being dumped from the NSW State of Origin team this year before the Sydney Roosters grew tired of his antics, the Tigers are convinced they could be as good for him as he could be for them.

Not only would Mitchell be guaranteed the chance to own the fullback position, but the Tigers’ standing within the Sydney community is viewed as a far more powerful proposition than the Titans to elevate Mitchell’s off-field profile.

While the Tigers are yet to put a deadline on negotiations, a final decision is expected this week.

There does remain a genuine concern from within the Tigers that South Sydney could still emerge as a shock late contender for Mitchell.

It is understood the Tigers have only had one face-to-face meeting with Mitchell where coach Michael Maguire, chief executive Justin Pascoe and general manager of football Adam Hartigan put forward their pitch.

The titans could barely afford jordan rankin, let alone latrell

I still feel souths are a sleeper here. Watch Todd rush through Sams medical retirement this week so they can have a crack

Tigerm

First Grade

I still feel souths are a sleeper here. Watch Todd rush through Sams medical retirement this week so they can have a crack
I don't think we will, but if we lose him, I think the clubs management reputation will take a huge hit.

Is there other top tier players available? I mean time is running out.

I believe the rumor that he didn't like all the attention their traitor fullback gets over him. So much for being a team player, but maybe we need some arrogance in the club.

It's not arrogance when you deliver on it.

f**k Tedesco's dad, I'll bet Moses was the best merkin in the world when we lobbed up with that sweet sweet Bondi coin and now that it's all gone to shit he's all of a sudden unscrupulous and corrupt. Miss me with that shit.

Ned Kelly

Juniors

With Latrell's manager saying they will talk in the next couple of weeks it has me wondering if there was a strategy set in place to draw it out as long as possible so the Roosters would cave in and release him without and stipulation of where he could not go opening the door for him to sign immediately with Souths.

A thought briefly crossed my mind that maybe Letrell's manager might have talked with South's before November 1 but nah, surely that kind of thing never happens. Parramatta never talked to Mitchel Moses and Penrith never talked with Ivan Cleary.

super_coach

First Grade
Lot of talk Latrell has signed with Souths. Anyway it should be all over one way or the other within days.

It’s the old catch 22....We will not be able to attract marquee players to we have consistent success and we will not have consistent success till we can attract marquee players.

okay you can sign the best young kids but they will struggle without having class around them.

At this stage 2020 is looking grim with our current roster

Hoofhearted

Juniors
All the talk I have found surrounding Latrell going to Souths are saying it comes from the Mole, yet here is a Tweet from him yesterday arvo

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Seeing you asked.... <a href="https://twitter.com/WestsTigers?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@WestsTigers</a> likely to announce Latrell for four years on Tuesday <a href="https://t.co/hbzZ6KAQ79">pic.twitter.com/hbzZ6KAQ79</a></p>&mdash; The Mole (@9_Moley) <a href="">November 24, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If you ask me, noone actually knows the facts except the people directly involved.

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
Brimson has been extended and St George have come out and said Lomax will get first crack at fullback.

Personally, I reckon it's done and dusted.

Pretty bummed we missed out on Brimson. He's a gun, and has a high work rate

Drips with untapped class that kid.

He has a bit of something special in his game.

On paper they aren’t the worst side ever, just need fresh coaching and techniques.

I think they have better days ahead.

I think Madge could do a bit with them. We might want to look at his contract too. An extra 1 or 2 years.

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
Pretty bummed we missed out on Brimson. He's a gun, and has a high work rate
As a Queenslander myself (go easy) it's hard to dislodge them to Sydney, especially GC juniors. Was never confident in getting him unless it was a ludicrous amount of money. Titans will inevitably go broke again in a few years and he will be back on the market.

Last edited: