What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Spooner

Juniors
Holmes is a very ordinary fullback. He doesn’t have a creative bone in his body. He‘s a winger, pure and simple. I also think Fergo, Sivo and Semi are better wingers. Val wasn’t elite when he left and he’s certainly not going to be next year.
That’s a big call - it will be interesting to see where his game is now. His body shape and conditioning may need work. I think he will emerge into a dominant fullback - he was learning the trade at Cronulla.

Stevie

Bench
Daily tele reporting we could very well lose Kafusi as we have failed to resign him before Nov 1 and as a result there are plenty of clubs sniffing around.

The article takes a shot at us dragging our feet to get a deal done.

I like Kafusi. Should we worry or is it a beat up?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Daily tele reporting we could very well lose Kafusi as we have failed to resign him before Nov 1 and as a result there are plenty of clubs sniffing around.

The article takes a shot at us dragging our feet to get a deal done.

I like Kafusi. Should we worry or is it a beat up?
Nah mate everything is under control, and if you we do lose him he’s not much chop anyway..........

Or he’ll have off field issues........

Gronk

Staff member
Nah mate everything is under control, and if you we do lose him he’s not much chop anyway..........

FMD you are in a relentless mood over this Stefano Haas thing. So apparently we went toe to toe with the Balmain offers and stepped away in the end. I'm guessing you'd have wanted us to match or better $800k over 3 years ?

Actually no, you will prolly hang your hat on some notion that we should have used a jedi move on him and made him sign earlier in the year for peanuts.

giphy.gif

hineyrulz

Post Whore
FMD you are in a relentless mood over this Stefano Haas thing. So apparently we went toe to toe with the Balmain offers and stepped away in the end. I'm guessing you'd have wanted us to match or better $800k over 3 years ?

Actually no, you will prolly hang your hat on some notion that we should have used a jedi move on him and made him sign earlier in the year for peanuts.

giphy.gif
There’s one :grinning:

84 Baby

Referee

Oregon is ok but do you honestly see him being any better than RCG or Junior or Kevans or even Alvaro within any realistic timeframe? I hate losing unproven players as much as the next poster but other than injury coverage he’ll get minimal game time which we preferably want from a minimum wager. If he wants more than that, good luck to him, he had all last season to prove he was worth it. What did you see of him that proved he’d be worth more? Is he going to provide more than the minimum wage Junior we still from another club?
Yeah perhaps a deal could have been done earlier, but it still shouldn’t be more than minimum wage. And then how would you feel about resigning squad fillers Oregon, Davey & Stone for scraps while Drown & Mahoney were unsigned? I’m certain you would have had nothing but praise

Latest posts