What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Oregon is ok but do you honestly see him being any better than RCG or Junior or Kevans or even Alvaro within any realistic timeframe? I hate losing unproven players as much as the next poster but other than injury coverage he’ll get minimal game time which we preferably want from a minimum wager. If he wants more than that, good luck to him, he had all last season to prove he was worth it. What did you see of him that proved he’d be worth more? Is he going to provide more than the minimum wage Junior we still from another club?
Yeah perhaps a deal could have been done earlier, but it still shouldn’t be more than minimum wage. And then how would you feel about resigning squad fillers Oregon, Davey & Stone for scraps while Drown & Mahoney were unsigned? I’m certain you would have had nothing but praise
You need at least 6 or 7 middles to fill out a squad, you don’t think by 2021 Kaufusi won’t be good enough for one of them spots??? 2 more off seasons and I reckon he’ll be good enough for a bench spot at worst.

You can cop losing Stefano if you have someone Kaufusi under lock and key. But losing both???

But don’t worry I’m sure everything is under control.

84 Baby

Referee
You need at least 6 or 7 middles to fill out a squad, you don’t think by 2021 Kaufusi won’t be good enough for one of them spots??? 2 more off seasons and I reckon he’ll be good enough for a bench spot at worst.

You can cop losing Stefano if you have someone Kaufusi under lock and key. But losing both???

But don’t worry I’m sure everything is under control.
He is already good enough for one of those spots. My point was how much are you going to pay him for those 2 off seasons before he’s able to move up from there? We’ve thrown a lot of money into our top 17. We don’t want players who are going to be capable in 2-3 years, we want them able to plug and play now. Especially given the age of most of our top 17. The problem is we also want them cheap.
Delaying offers may be a problem but hey when we lose Drown, you’ll be happy we resigned Oregon

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He is already good enough for one of those spots. My point was how much are you going to pay him for those 2 off seasons before he’s able to move up from there? We’ve thrown a lot of money into our top 17. We don’t want players who are going to be capable in 2-3 years, we want them able to plug and play now. Especially given the age of most of our top 17. The problem is we also want them cheap.
Delaying offers may be a problem but hey when we lose Drown, you’ll be happy we resigned Oregon
Honestly signing Kaufusi should have no bearing whatsoever on wether we re-sign Brown and Mahoney. From all reports our spine is one of the cheapest in the comp. We don’t even have a first grade hooker at all signed for 2021. So a young back up forward is going to cost us either of them???

The excuses are endless.

*Waits for Pou to blame no TPA’s..........

Glenneel

Bench
Some other updates:

Matterson has a great attitude, professional and has made a huge impression with his leadership.

Jennings was on massive coin in his last year and is still contemplating our offer which is less than half of what he earned in the last year.

Semi will not return to us. We don't have enough in the cap.

There is an expectation that we will go very close next year.
How is our defensive training going? We'll need much better attitude and mental toughness in defence to even reach the gf let alone win it. Our attack was great LY and should be even better NY as spine 1 year older and Matterson could be a Wade Graham type player for us (I mean without the injuries) with his skill set.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Gee the times haven’t changed much, this time last @hineyrulz is arguing our roster is shit and we are bound for the spoon....

This year we are a still shit, but because we haven’t re-signed a back up who at this stage is probably our 7th or so ranked middle.....

Glenneel

Bench
Holmes doesn’t have the ball skills to be an elite fullback , but look how quickly Tedesco’s game evolved under decent coaching.
We are talking about Paul Green here, not Robinson. Green has been asleep at the wheel for a few years now.

84 Baby

Referee
Honestly signing Kaufusi should have no bearing whatsoever on wether we re-sign Brown and Mahoney. From all reports our spine is one of the cheapest in the comp. We don’t even have a first grade hooker at all signed for 2021. So a young back up forward is going to cost us either of them???

The excuses are endless.

*Waits for Pou to blame no TPA’s..........
The main reason he’d (and Stifo) leave is because we don’t offer them enough money. Do you need me to spell out why that could cost us Drown or Mahoney?

chiefy1

Juniors
I know I've given it to ba in the past, but we really can't complain about his eye for players considering the jnrs/players we've let go compared to who he has brought to the club.

Most of the jnrs who have left , doolan dargan twal eisenhuth aloia and a shit load more who have amounted to nothing, compared to Brown, Lane, Moses, Sivo, guth, waqa ect.

Aloai is doing ok but we have better back rowers atm.

We really need to back ba's judgment on Utoki ect based on what's previously happened. Sure it was a shock, but ba's record stands in the positive

84 Baby

Referee
Any news on whether Andrew Johns passed the BA interview?
It’s entered it’s 73rd straight hour of BA silence and Johns
giphy.gif

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gee the times haven’t changed much, this time last @hineyrulz is arguing our roster is shit and we are bound for the spoon....

This year we are a still shit, but because we haven’t re-signed a back up who at this stage is probably our 7th or so ranked middle.....
Yeah they haven’t, you defending and making excuses for the club no matter what.

Getting boring merkin change the tune......

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You didn’t follow the rest of the convo did you? happyrulz wants us to let Drown go so we can sign Oregon.
Oregon would have some large nuts to hug
That’s some top quality word twisting, Pou would be so proud.

And if all these merkins want is money we should f**k them off amirite???? Or we just use that when it suits our argument???

84 Baby

Referee
That’s some top quality word twisting, Pou would be so proud.
Pou? I thought it was whiney level at least.

And if all these merkins want is money we should f**k them off amirite???? Or we just use that when it suits our argument???
You’re right! We should f**k Mahoney off because he wants more money that we have earmarked to save Oregon