What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
True. But a guy like D.Brown would bring fans. We haven't developed a half since Sterlo. If he turned out to be the next star half of the game we would be paying for it for 12yrs.
Losing a forward is not so bad. Much easier to replace. Halves are not so easy. But hey has he even shown as much as Ash Taylor of Brodie Croft?
Somebody else would be paying for it, not us. Have Manly really benefitted from DCE since they had to pay overs to keep him?

hindy111

Post Whore
Somebody else would be paying for it, not us. Have Manly really benefitted from DCE since they had to pay overs to keep him?

Depends how much they pay him Dylan.I reckon many would be quite disheartened if we lost Dylan.
.DCE is top 3 halves in game. If Turbo and Thompson did not go down this year I reckon they certainly beat Souths and high chance knock off the Raiders.
What would you offer Brown?

Daniel Vella

Juniors
Depends how much they pay him Dylan.I reckon many would be quite disheartened if we lost Dylan.
.DCE is top 3 halves in game. If Turbo and Thompson did not go down this year I reckon they certainly beat Souths and high chance knock off the Raiders.
What would you offer Brown?
I'd max pay Brown 600K

Stevie

Bench
I really rate Dylan, I’d be really disappointed if we lost him. Plus I think it will disrupt our season if he is going elsewhere. Really hope we lock in Mahoney and him soon.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well Parra has offered him a deal and he has turned it down. So I wouldn't be suprised if he is gone. Shows he is open to moving on and that our offer wasn't reasonable.

hindy111

Post Whore
Sezer would be ok but you need some juniors in side. Especialy a team like Parra. Fans always bond with juniors more then blow ins.

Avenger

Immortal
Pauli Pauli and Tanginoa played NRL and rated just as high by many.
I've seen Salesi and Stefano. Wouldn't suprise at all if neither make it. Actually if Salesi did I would be quite surprised.

At this stage we have Hollis and Oregon to concentrate on. We have our starting props sorted for the next 3yrs so I honestly am not fussed.
Brown and Mahoney are priorities but we do have Schneider and Salmon who could be as good.
Pauli, Tanginoa, Alioai and Moeroa were all held in high regard and were the next Hindmarsh. Only Tep made it and his success was moderate at best.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Should we pay him as though there's no problem with his back?

I agree with this.

I am a massive Dylan Brown fan, but the reality is that he has some injury concerns; it's responsible cap management to not throw massive dollars at him, until he can prove he is up to the rigours of regular First Grade NRL.

Eelementary

Post Whore
He may simply have knocked the offer back because we low-balled him, because of his back, and Dylan backed himself to prove he is worth more.

Knocking back an offer doesn't mean "f**k you - I'm not signing for you!"; it more likely means, "I'm not completely happy with that offer - will you revise it, come back to me, and we can talk?"