What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Don’t think anyone has said Apisai was a bad signing. Quite the opposite.

Capewell is an improvement on RCG given severall factors. Price bench versatility.

Api improves hooker

A few guys actually having an off season we look to be better off whether better off enough to be a force is the question

Capewell is an improvement on RCG given severall factors. Price bench versatility.

Api improves hooker

A few guys actually having an off season we look to be better off whether better off enough to be a force is the question

Capewell won’t be playing minutes at prop, he’s too small. Not sure why you’d compare to RCG.

franklin2323

Immortal
Remember we lost pretty much a depth forward pack.

Grant
Egan
RCG
Fuimaono
Winterstein
Sele

Capewell is better than all of them. Value wise better than RCG. That is all we are after really if they play top 17 then it is a bonus

Fangs

Coach
That is why I haven’t said how I think we will go yet. Still stuff to sort out but if Api takes control in place of Maloney we will be fine if not last tackle plays will be ordinary

It really is completely up in the air. We have no idea how that spine will function without Maloney. For all the talk about a clash between Maloney/Cleary, whose to say the same won't happen with Cleary/Korisau? Then you've got the issue at 6 with two under-developed players.

With Barrett you have a bit more hope knowing Dave's Mate won't be running the attack.

franklin2323

Immortal
Capewell won’t be playing minutes at prop, he’s too small. Not sure why you’d compare to RCG.

JFH and Yeo play 80 mins in the middle. Tamou 45-50. Leinu the rest.
Kenny will get when Api rests

Getting Leota time will be hard enough without having to find it for RCG too. Now can cover a back going down and not lose Yeo from the pack

franklin2323

Immortal
It really is completely up in the air. We have no idea how that spine will function without Maloney. For all the talk about a clash between Maloney/Cleary, whose to say the same won't happen with Cleary/Korisau? Then you've got the issue at 6 with two under-developed players.

With Barrett you have a bit more hope knowing Dave's Mate won't be running the attack.

That depends if you believe they clashed or not. I don’t but even so. Hooker can put on moves before it even goes out to the halves. Edwards support play or Naden kick chase is 2 under used moves. Barrett and Api can come up with a few moves surely.. the less imput from Ivan the better

JFH and Yeo play 80 mins in the middle. Tamou 45-50. Leinu the rest.
Kenny will get when Api rests

Getting Leota time will be hard enough without having to find it for RCG too. Now can cover a back going down and not lose Yeo from the pack

But we could’ve done the same with Burns or Cartwright on the bench. That isn’t Capewell dependent.

Fangs

Coach
That depends if you believe they clashed or not. I don’t but even so. Hooker can put on moves before it even goes out to the halves. Edwards support play or Naden kick chase is 2 under used moves. Barrett and Api can come up with a few moves surely.. the less imput from Ivan the better

By clash I just meant styles. Nothing personal. I believe the team played a lot better with Maloney in charge but you just don't know.

Naden kick chase stuff should be a priority, its a big asset for us.

franklin2323

Immortal
But we could’ve done the same with Burns or Cartwright on the bench. That isn’t Capewell dependent.

Cartwright has 1 game was gassed after 15 mins.
Burns 2 games. 1 as a centre

A big risk if you need them to play long mins if you lose someone to HIA early.

Nothing saying they won’t get the role but atleast now you have someone proven in the meantime

franklin2323

Immortal
By clash I just meant styles. Nothing personal. I believe the team played a lot better with Maloney in charge but you just don't know.

Naden kick chase stuff should be a priority, its a big asset for us.

I just think he plays better eyes up footy. A proper attack coach should help Nathan too can have proper structures but Api is a better option for the stuff you can’t plan for

Cartwright has 1 game was gassed after 15 mins.
Burns 2 games. 1 as a centre

A big risk if you need them to play long mins if you lose someone to HIA early.

Nothing saying they won’t get the role but atleast now you have someone proven in the meantime

Doesn’t seem a big risk for a team that won’t be challenging for the title or even the top 4. Next year is the perfect year to blood youngsters from the bench.

betcats

Referee

I find it very hard to believe the back five we have now could go worse than the back five we started last year with. Edwards was woeful. Dallin was makin plenty of errors. Waqa looked like a shell of himself. They were terrible the opening rounds. Too is an Improvement over dallin on the wing, better reads defensively, similar metres and he is a better finisher. Mansour will likely be the other winger, coming off a down year he could get worse but it’s not likely. Naden is a fair downgrade defensively on waqa we all know that but he can sniff out a try better than any outside back we’ve had for a while and we have lost Jimmy from that side defensively which hopefully will help. Lot of reasons to expect Naden to improve also. Edwards, if he starts worse than he did this I will give it away. That was the worst run of terrible form from any fullback I’ve ever seen. Even that game on the wing he lost for us with a one on one simple missed tackle against the titans. The type of tackle he never would’ve missed.

So I can see an argument our back line won’t get better but I can’t see how it could possibly be worse than last season when we only just missed the 8.

The big unknown is how big a loss is Jimmy. I’f the spine can get her better somehow then we should get better, good enough for the 8, not a threat though but everyone can see that.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I have no opinion about the signing of Capewell - I'm sure I must have seen him play, but I have never paid him any attention, good or bad. We'll see how he goes.

f**k Tetevano though. f**k that shit all to hell.

OldPanther

Coach
isn’t that why it is best you have several guys that can handle it rather then a top heavy squad where one injury ruins it all?

Absolutely but we've put our depth into a single position likely with the thought the second rowers will fill in the centres and middle if there's injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts