What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tetevano would mean very limited minutes for Leniu.

Unless perhaps JFH moved back to lock, but that wouldn’t make sense with the Capewell signing.

OldPanther

Coach
If Capewell and Tetevano come Martin, Burns and Lenui are likely left behind. It's not possible to fit all these guys into the 17 and possible the 30 due to the salary cap.

If Capewell and Tetevano come Martin, Burns and Lenui are likely left behind. It's not possible to fit all these guys into the 17 and possible the 30 due to the salary cap.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see one of the second rowers in the centres. I can’t overstate this enough, Ivan loves his second rowers.

franklin2323

Immortal
Doesn’t seem a big risk for a team that won’t be challenging for the title or even the top 4. Next year is the perfect year to blood youngsters from the bench.

That is what we did under Gus and it got solid FG players nothing more. Time for a different approach and see if that changes that side of it.

franklin2323

Immortal
People shouldn’t care he punched the f**k out of his missus, then blamed the NRLs “toxic culture” for it? Really? I mean... really?

problem is he is still a player. Part of a squad to go back to back and current test player... you either sign him or someone else does and weakens you while others get stronger.

I think he signed with the Dragons anyway but that is issue with not signing these guys

OldPanther

Coach
well a small sample size given how few games Luai and co have played

It'll make sense when it comes out. This is the first time I've tried a long form video. Production will likely be a week or two due to large amount of footage and history involved.

By accidentilly I meant the fact you made a comment by coincidence on something I plan to discuss and demonstrate.

That is what we did under Gus and it got solid FG players nothing more. Time for a different approach and see if that changes that side of it.

These guys aren’t kids. Cartwright is 23, Martin will be 23 before next season, Burns is 21.

You’ve talked before about seasoning guys in reserve grade, these guys are seasoned! How much longer you want to wait??

I’d understand if they were 19/20, but most of these back rowers have plenty of lower grade experience. Their time is now.

OldPanther

Coach
These guys aren’t kids. Cartwright is 23, Martin will be 23 before next season, Burns is 21.

You’ve talked before about seasoning guys in reserve grade, these guys are seasoned! How much longer you want to wait??

I’d understand if they were 19/20, but most of these back rowers have plenty of lower grade experience. Their time is now.

With all the talk I thought they were younger. Didn't even give it a second thought.

franklin2323

Immortal

What forward has made an instant impact though? Martin was a lock/Prop now on the edge. Jed is always injured and plays all over the place. Burns looks the most likely given the same position and relatively injury free.

Forwards peak around 26 so nothing wrong with 10-15 games this year. Increasing the year after both in games and minutes played.

Then you have got 3 forwards with 20-30 games under their belt ready to kick onp

ACTPanthers

Bench
problem is he is still a player. Part of a squad to go back to back and current test player... you either sign him or someone else does and weakens you while others get stronger.

I think he signed with the Dragons anyway but that is issue with not signing these guys
That’s fine if that’s your opinion mate, but for mine? There’s no possible way for anyone to convince me that merkin should be playing footy. So probably best just leave it at that.

franklin2323

Immortal
That’s fine if that’s your opinion mate, but for mine? There’s no possible way for anyone to convince me that merkin should be playing footy. So probably best just leave it at that.

I have said those comvicted of anything shouldn’t be in the game BUT if they are in the game taking the morale high ground hurts the team

betcats

Referee
So Curtis Scott likely to be released two years early to the raiders, Croft likely to be released early to go to Brisbane. Add that to to their other losses for year and it seems like something strange is going on down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.