What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MugaB

Coach
Capewell is a good signing. Not a superstar but not a risk and a top 17 player.
If SEMI is available would Panthers be able to make a splash? He would certainly change the appeal of the backline.
Finally something that makes sense, well done hindy, yes a giant 27 year old fijian winger would be handy, although not sure if we have that amount of cap left, but it would be great if kikau and semi linked up on the same side, terrible thoughts of these two monsters running at you,......brrrrrrrr

MugaB

Coach
Posted on November 12th.

That prop is Tetevano.
Confirmed by Defunk and Daz.
Although off field he has had issues, he is a good prop on field, i dont care if he plays for penrith, but can't be in the top 17 every week, and he is in nsw cup for atleast half the season, i would hope if we do sign him, its on peanuts, that way we can go for a Zac Lomax or Semi with the cash thats left.

franklin2323

Immortal
Have you heard what the status is with May, and whether his playing future is being decided by the NRL or internally by Panthers?

Given May is close to the players. I doubt they will do anything privately call to NRL can get them to punish and seem like they are the bad guys

ACTPanthers

Bench
I’ll cheer the team, get upset when we lose, happy when we win, but I will not be spending any money on attending games or merchandise. I just cannot bring myself to financially support the club if this grub of a human signs.

MugaB

Coach
Apparently the NRL toxic environment was why he bashed his woman. Great that our club is keeping him in it.
Im pretty sure it wasn't a quote he said, i think the magistrate said that, he probably didnt argue, coz he got out of serving a sentence, look im not happy about his past, but if he has gone 4 years now without incident and really is putting in towards his footy and his 2nd chance im all for it, the upside is he was in the roosters premiership win in 2018, and played most of the season in their1st grade side this year who again won it,
So if he is able to do anything for us its give a bit of experience, id rather he just be in nsw cup too, so he can pass that on to the rookies coming thru too, not get booed every hit up he makes like Matt Lodge does, i mean people fuc up, he has paid for it, and hasn't done it since

franklin2323

Immortal
Im pretty sure it wasn't a quote he said, i think the magistrate said that, he probably didnt argue, coz he got out of serving a sentence, look im not happy about his past, but if he has gone 4 years now without incident and really is putting in towards his footy and his 2nd chance im all for it, the upside is he was in the roosters premiership win in 2018, and played most of the season, in their 1st grade side who again won it,
So if he is able to do anything for us its give a bit of experience, id rather he just be in nsw cup too, so he can pass that on to the rookies coming thru too, not get booed every hit up he makes like Matt Lodge does, i mean people fuc up, he has paid for it, and hasn't done it since

That is the thing. If the NRL are fine with him playing. Not sure we are in a position to take the high road if we want to win.. Nice guys finish last

betcats

Referee
It didn't hold the roosters back having this dropkick on board, I cant be bothered posting my moral objections every day and I only go to one or two games a year so there isn't anything I can do to influence the club signings.

Anyway I think Tetevano will be playing FG next year unless hurt. We are going to have quite a good forward pack for our spine to play behind so we are giving them every chance to do well after the loss of Maloney.

franklin2323

Immortal
Although off field he has had issues, he is a good prop on field, i dont care if he plays for penrith, but can't be in the top 17 every week, and he is in nsw cup for atleast half the season, i would hope if we do sign him, its on peanuts, that way we can go for a Zac Lomax or Semi with the cash thats left.

Depends what happens with May though. I am guessing he is on $200k. That might get Lomax if the Dragons through in some cash

OldPanther

Coach
Im pretty sure it wasn't a quote he said, i think the magistrate said that, he probably didnt argue, coz he got out of serving a sentence, look im not happy about his past, but if he has gone 4 years now without incident and really is putting in towards his footy and his 2nd chance im all for it, the upside is he was in the roosters premiership win in 2018, and played most of the season in their1st grade side this year who again won it,

It was his legal council:

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015...ng-delay-to-complete-domestic-violenc/6503962

Tetevano's lawyer had told the court Tetevano had gone from an NRL star to a "very humble man who stands before you today".

"Tetevano has no desire to return to the toxic, toxic environment that the NRL invited," she said.

franklin2323

Immortal
It didn't hold the roosters back having this dropkick on board, I cant be bothered posting my moral objections every day and I only go to one or two games a year so there isn't anything I can do to influence the club signings.

Anyway I think Tetevano will be playing FG next year unless hurt. We are going to have quite a good forward pack for our spine to play behind so we are giving them every chance to do well after the loss of Maloney.

There is plenty of guys I morally don't want in the game but here they are. I have just learnt that grubs are part of the game

I'd have him over Leota but no doubt injuries will decide the makeup of the team,

Status
Not open for further replies.